femen/ The disposable Male.

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Machinesworking

Re: femen/ The disposable Male.

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:01 pm

shadx312 wrote:If you're into having the guy that's with her watch, even though she says he's not her boyfriend and he fluctuates between looking like he's about to cry and wanting to kick your or her ass.
This sounds like a personal experience, details please.

Theo Void

Re: femen

Post by Theo Void » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:33 am

nathannn wrote:how does she freak you out? its not like she's waiving a knife in front of the camera.
I have noticed, being creep'd out and things being freaky are both greatly over exaggerated emotions with people under 25. I find it really immature when people say something is creepy but they give no detail as to why its creepy. its almost an unwritten law that if some one says creepy we are suppose to not question if the creepiness exist out of fear of ourselves being called creepy. most of the time the creepiness doesn't exist and the person saying it does, is only saying so to make them selves appear to be above any type of flaws or faults.
I notice the same thing w/ younger people. To be considered "creepy" is apparently the worst thing ever! Yet they'll say it about virtually anyone or anything in order to assume a position of false superiority. Everyone else just agrees for fear of being associated w/ the "creeper." It carries a lot of negative stigma w/ it. If a girl calls a guy a creep, people look at him like he's Jeffrey Dahmer or something. It's like dip-shit brain dead, semi-hot chicks suddenly have the ability to place a negative label on someone w/ an off hand comment.
I could sit here and bitch all day about things people do that I notice and absolutely can't stand!

scott nathaniel

Post by scott nathaniel » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:17 am

Theo Void wrote: If a girl calls a guy a creep, people look at him like he's Jeffrey Dahmer or something. It's like dip-shit brain dead, semi-hot chicks suddenly have the ability to place a negative label on someone w/ an off hand comment.
Yeah, but it was a dip-shit, brain-dead semi-hot dude who made the creepy quip. Perhaps you should direct your ire at that a-hole.

andydes

Post by andydes » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:23 pm

Not really sure what it means when a guy calls a girl creepy.

When girls call guys creepy, they're probably a bit socially awkward, but the implication is usually they are some kind of deviant. Probably a date raper or nonce.

That said whenever I'm in a bar with friends and one of the girls says "the guy talking to me was a bit creepy" I usually agree with them.

d.reamonn

Post by d.reamonn » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:33 pm

Theo Void wrote:
nathannn wrote:how does she freak you out? its not like she's waiving a knife in front of the camera.
I have noticed, being creep'd out and things being freaky are both greatly over exaggerated emotions with people under 25. I find it really immature when people say something is creepy but they give no detail as to why its creepy. its almost an unwritten law that if some one says creepy we are suppose to not question if the creepiness exist out of fear of ourselves being called creepy. most of the time the creepiness doesn't exist and the person saying it does, is only saying so to make them selves appear to be above any type of flaws or faults.
I notice the same thing w/ younger people. To be considered "creepy" is apparently the worst thing ever! Yet they'll say it about virtually anyone or anything in order to assume a position of false superiority.
This is incorrect. To say someone is creepy is a statement about how that person makes the speaker feel. Creepiness doesn't exist in the same way that, say, a kilo of cheese can exist and be devoured. To briefly explain the feeling, it occurs when someone who is felt to be inferior acts in such a way that suggests he doesn't share the sentiment. Hence, the position of superiority precedes the accusation.

A guy buying a drink for a girl of higher social rank than himself is "creepy as fuck", whereas a guy buying a drink for a girl of lower social rank than himself is not creepy. Rather he is "a stud", "a hunk", "a jock", "George Cloony", "Bruce Wayne", or "Jeff Goldblum".
https://soundcloud.com/maybe-logic

"I wanted to not like your [music], but it's actually pretty awesome. Banana hammock."
- eddiex

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:30 pm

My advice is don't hang out in circles of people that use such language. It's obvious to me anyway that someone complaining about this is dealing with emotionally and mentally challenged clicks of people. If the crowd you're with is shallow enough to use terms like this to define people then you're asking for it. It's like fucking a drunk girl who you know has said some guy date raped her in the past.

...basically don't try to fuck stupid people if you don't want to get labeled creepy.

d.reamonn

Post by d.reamonn » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:32 pm

Machinesworking wrote:My advice is don't hang out in circles of people that use such language. It's obvious to me anyway that someone complaining about this is dealing with emotionally and mentally challenged clicks of people. If the crowd you're with is shallow enough to use terms like this to define people then you're asking for it. It's like fucking a drunk girl who you know has said some guy date raped her in the past.

...basically don't try to fuck stupid people if you don't want to get labeled creepy.
And....... you just disqualified yourself from fucking 99.9% of all women below the age of thirty*. Good job.

* That is, 99.9% of all western women below that age use the word "creepy", not are stupid.

"I wanted to not like your [music], but it's actually pretty awesome. Banana hammock."
- eddiex

scott nathaniel

Post by scott nathaniel » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:51 pm

If I had know the use of the word creepy were to open such wounds, I might have chosen a less loaded term, like slut. I just hope there might be something I can do to prevent one of you from strangling the next female who rebuffs your awkward attempts at courtship.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:00 am

it's too late. i already turned her into a stripper at H20's House of Inequity on the corner of 21st and Main in a town near you.

d.reamonn

Post by d.reamonn » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:04 am

In terms of hurt:

Slut (woman) = Creep (man)

Both have no perceived value, and both (perceivably) try to hump every thing that moves.

- eddiex

scott nathaniel

Post by scott nathaniel » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:15 am

d.reamonn wrote:In terms of hurt:

Slut (woman) = Creep (man)

Both have no perceived value, and both (perceivably) try to hump every thing that moves.
Now, I realize I might need to increase my use of the term creepy- for the sake of equality during gender ridicule. Or perhaps decrease my use of the term slut. HMMMMM!

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:15 am

d.reamonn wrote: ...basically don't try to fuck stupid people if you don't want to get labeled creepy.
And....... you just disqualified yourself from fucking 99.9% of all women below the age of thirty*. Good job.

* That is, 99.9% of all western women below that age use the word "creepy", not are stupid.[/quote]
Considering I'm in my mid 40's I don't consider women under 30 women, more like girls. :lol:

Plus smart girls don't go around abusing the term like we're talking about. Some guy my age in an ironic Hawaiian shirt with a bad haircut trying to chat up 20 year olds is creepy and deserves the label. To bring up a recent example I can think of of this. I was hanging out with the 20 something girls at the time, so it wasn't any one fact they were talking about, it was his over all creepiness.
Any fool can tell when they're in a group of people if half the fun they have together is singling people out for derision, if that's your crowd then don't be surprised if you get pegged with the term.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:16 am

d.reamonn wrote:
Machinesworking wrote: ...basically don't try to fuck stupid people if you don't want to get labeled creepy.

* That is, 99.9% of all western women below that age use the word "creepy", not are stupid.
Considering I'm in my mid 40's I don't consider women under 30 women, more like girls. :lol:

Plus smart girls don't go around abusing the term like we're talking about. Some guy my age in an ironic Hawaiian shirt with a bad haircut trying to chat up 20 year olds is creepy and deserves the label. To bring up a recent example I can think of of this. I was hanging out with the 20 something girls at the time, so it wasn't any one fact they were talking about, it was his over all creepiness.
Any fool can tell when they're in a group of people if half the fun they have together is singling people out for derision, if that's your crowd then don't be surprised if you get pegged with the term.[/quote]

scott nathaniel

Post by scott nathaniel » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:26 am

Machinesworking wrote:
d.reamonn wrote:
Machinesworking wrote: ...basically don't try to fuck stupid people if you don't want to get labeled creepy.

Any fool can tell when they're in a group of people if half the fun they have together is singling people out for derision, if that's your crowd then don't be surprised if you get pegged with the term.
But that's the point d.reamonn was making: If that guy had instead been in an Armani suit and graced with the salt and peppery do of a Clooney, would that same guy, regardless of personality and intent, be creepy? I say yes, because Hawaiian shirts are solely for the evil!

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:49 am

scott nathaniel wrote: But that's the point d.reamonn was making: If that guy had instead been in an Armani suit and graced with the salt and peppery do of a Clooney, would that same guy, regardless of personality and intent, be creepy? I say yes, because Hawaiian shirts are solely for the evil!
Agreed entirely, there are tiers for creepy that are more about the "ladder" than anything else, but the point was made because these girls in particular were rocker/goth chicks, and a guy in Armani would be just as suspect of just wanting to get laid only. One rule of women over men is that even if they're just looking to get laid, they always want the faint possibility of a relationship, so some guy from out of town with a long black leather coat and some decent tattoos wouldn't be creepy in this case. :lol: