Ikea's DJ setup ad

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
8O

Ikea's DJ setup ad

Post by 8O » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:49 pm

http://www.djtechtools.com/2013/02/06/v ... commerical

Ok, it's an ad, but still... nice ideas... shoe racks as keyboard racks anyone?

Tarekith

Re: Ikea's DJ setup ad

Post by Tarekith » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:42 pm

Crazy! There's some pretty nuts sites out there dedicated to people who repurpose Ikea parts for all sorts of things. You can make some really cool stuf for pretty cheap if you get creative.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:04 pm

Helping to make the worlds best DJs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH0g7eWJWjQ

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:04 am

:D ha! i used those same shoe racks and such for my setup. i put my Axiom 25 on one and used the shelving for my monitors and other gear. i recently gutted it all and switched out, but i've been down that road. :mrgreen:

footsy

Post by footsy » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:36 am

That's actually super cool!
"A Positive mind is the Key to success" - Tydi

eddiex

Post by eddiex » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:05 am

YEAH! i like it!! a desk and some shelves are my next big purchase. ive got all my stuff set up with plywood and keyboard stands :lol:
cloud>https://soundcloud.com/eddiexdarko
i love you,please don't die.

8O

Post by 8O » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:39 am

H20nly wrote::D ha! i used those same shoe racks and such for my setup. i put my Axiom 25 on one and used the shelving for my monitors and other gear. i recently gutted it all and switched out, but i've been down that road. :mrgreen:
Out of interest, what made you decide to change it again?

ikeaboy

Post by ikeaboy » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:11 pm

Great ideas there

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:59 pm

8O wrote:
H20nly wrote::D ha! i used those same shoe racks and such for my setup. i put my Axiom 25 on one and used the shelving for my monitors and other gear. i recently gutted it all and switched out, but i've been down that road. :mrgreen:
i have a large one bedroom apartment in a really good location. my son stayed with me and we shared a room for 3 years. i was not sure what his mother was going to do next because, while i had the child, she had the custody. so, in a sense, i finally i got custody by being patient - the judge didn't flinch when i got my day in court. now that i knew that my son and i were not going to be separated i wanted to move (in the area if possible) but his school is top notch and it was just going to cost me more money than i really had AND upset our balance if i tried to stay in the same area. moving to another town/school would be a downgrade in his education so i was a victim of my own prior good fortune in that regard. what i mean is, i moved in as a bachelor who wanted to have a studio in his apartment. location location location they say? i got lucky.

i asked myself why i was moving... the fundamental question... basically it amounted to wanting my kid to have his own room and me wanting us to have a washer and dryer. so... i gave him his own room. i moved my bed to the [good sized] living room where my studio was and had to consolidate and i rolled on with my current laundry plan. trying to make everything fit required some serious moving and removing but in the end it worked out really well. even have Japanese blind style hanging panels to separate it out. 8)

tldr condensed;

i originally set the shelves forward away from the walls to allow some access to wiring and breathing room for the computers and gear. that took up too much space as needs changed. i had to dismantle the framing and everything so it was just time to rethink things. also, i found a really big U-shaped desk/table being thrown out that would hold my gear perfectly. by this time i had a better idea of needs vs. wants and gear lust vs. wisdom

8O

Post by 8O » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:00 pm

H20nly wrote:
8O wrote:
i have a large one bedroom apartment in a really good location. my son stayed with me and we shared a room for 3 years. i was not sure what his mother was going to do next because, while i had the child, she had the custody. so, in a sense, i finally i got custody by being patient - the judge didn't flinch when i got my day in court. now that i knew that my son and i were not going to be separated i wanted to move (in the area if possible) but his school is top notch and it was just going to cost me more money than i really had AND upset our balance if i tried to stay in the same area. moving to another town/school would be a downgrade in his education so i was a victim of my own prior good fortune in that regard. what i mean is, i moved in as a bachelor who wanted to have a studio in his apartment. location location location they say? i got lucky.

i asked myself why i was moving... the fundamental question... basically it amounted to wanting my kid to have his own room and me wanting us to have a washer and dryer. so... i gave him his own room. i moved my bed to the [good sized] living room where my studio was and had to consolidate and i rolled on with my current laundry plan. trying to make everything fit required some serious moving and removing but in the end it worked out really well. even have Japanese blind style hanging panels to separate it out. 8)

tldr condensed;

i originally set the shelves forward away from the walls to allow some access to wiring and breathing room for the computers and gear. that took up too much space as needs changed. i had to dismantle the framing and everything so it was just time to rethink things. also, i found a really big U-shaped desk/table being thrown out that would hold my gear perfectly. by this time i had a better idea of needs vs. wants and gear lust vs. wisdom
8) :)

justchris86

Post by justchris86 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:38 pm

great idea! thanks for sharing this one!
"Do not quote or read this text"

https://soundcloud.com/unnecessary-roughness-yyc