Catanya - new powerful arpeggiator MIDI Plugin

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
UCAudio

Re: Catanya - new powerful arpeggiator MIDI Plugin

Post by UCAudio » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:50 pm

Jekblad wrote:I would gladly donate for a m4l clone. That would push me over the edge for m4l...

You're right about the other stuff, they are barely band aids.
I've been waiting for a mac version of Catanya for years... and would LOVE a max 4 live version. I'd definitely donate for this too if anyone is interested in creating something like this.

You can do something kind of similar by creating a midi clip and then triggering the clip via a midi keyboard and transposing it in real time but it's not as good as being able to play your chord and midi sequences and transpose in real time on a PER TRACK basis like you are able to do with Catanya.

PitchedSineWave

Post by PitchedSineWave » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:57 pm

UCAudio wrote:
Jekblad wrote:I would gladly donate for a m4l clone. That would push me over the edge for m4l...

You're right about the other stuff, they are barely band aids.
I've been waiting for a mac version of Catanya for years... and would LOVE a max 4 live version. I'd definitely donate for this too if anyone is interested in creating something like this.

You can do something kind of similar by creating a midi clip and then triggering the clip via a midi keyboard and transposing it in real time but it's not as good as being able to play your chord and midi sequences and transpose in real time on a PER TRACK basis like you are able to do with Catanya.

Tottally , that company is dead, no signs of life for more than a year... not even respond to mails... sad....

SpeedKing

Post by SpeedKing » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:12 pm

I own both plugins (and they're my two favorite plugs, behind Superior Drummer), but Cthulhu is a lot different than Catanya. Cthulhu can do some things similar, but yeah, the beauty of Catanya is its maaaaasive number of unique presets. Not that you have to use the presets exactly, but you can cycle through hundreds of them to find what you want to go with, or tweak from.

UncleAge

Post by UncleAge » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:22 pm

I do not own Cthulhu yet. Will it allow the input of midi and record the pattern?

UCAudio

Post by UCAudio » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:58 pm

Cthulhu looks cool, I'll check it out. Catanya is just insane though. So many amazing presets. About a year ago the developer responded to my email and I believe he said the new version would let you create and save your own presets... run 64 bit... there would be a mac version... and tons of other cool features. REALLY hope development continues.

SpeedKing

Post by SpeedKing » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:10 pm

UncleAge wrote:I do not own Cthulhu yet. Will it allow the input of midi and record the pattern?
Do you mean, can you record the pattern that Cthulhu outputs, based on your initial pattern? If so, then yep. You just have to have to play around with the routing. If you ever get to that point, let me know and I'll tell you. It's not difficult at all, but sitting here at work, I can't remember exactly what's done though. I THINK in the I/O section of a new track, you just have to set the Audio From as Cthulhu, then press the record button for that new track while you play Cthulhu. ....trust me, it's really easy if/when you want to do it. That's what I do though, is find a patter I really like from Cthulhu, then record that to a new MIDI track so I can tweak it and play with it independently of Cthulhu.

Jay_NJ

Post by Jay_NJ » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:39 pm

Has anyone heard of any updates recently for this - namely a mac version? For something that seems pretty popular, it'd be ashame if the developer has abandoned it. Similar situation with Sylenth.

SpeedKing

Post by SpeedKing » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:46 am

Jay_NJ wrote:Has anyone heard of any updates recently for this - namely a mac version? For something that seems pretty popular, it'd be ashame if the developer has abandoned it. Similar situation with Sylenth.
Nope, nothing. I do wonder if all development just ceased on it. It is too bad/weird, because it really is fantastic.

deva

Post by deva » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:36 am

Get Kirnu Cream

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:18 am

deva wrote:Get Kirnu Cream
Pre-order now with special pre-order price.
Pre order phase has ended. The final Cream version will be released soon...
Damn :(

Totally missed this. It looks really good.