Live 9 Pricing

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
fishmonkey

Re: Live 9 Pricing

Post by fishmonkey » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:16 am

Evil_Banana wrote: Thanks for the good advice, but I just would like to know what the upgrade price is from Live 8 to Live 8 Suite + free upgrade L9.
log out of your account and go to the Ableton shop.

Evil_Banana

Post by Evil_Banana » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:57 am

fishmonkey wrote:
Evil_Banana wrote: Thanks for the good advice, but I just would like to know what the upgrade price is from Live 8 to Live 8 Suite + free upgrade L9.
Yes, then you get the full prices. For upgrades though => "Already own Live? Log in to see your upgrade prices" & " Log in to see your upgrade offers"
Unless you have a specific link that directs me to the upgrade-prices... Please can someone simply tell me what the current upgrade price is from Live 8, to Live 8 Suite + free L9 upgrade.

Thank you

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:20 am

Theo Void wrote: I guess M4L will be nice to have just for the library of already made devices, because I have ZERO interest in coding.
That's my experience. I have no interest in designing boxes, but I love the M4L devices, they are totally worth the moola

Theo Void wrote:All that said, I realize it takes a lot of time and effort to implement all this stuff and they have to make $$ somehow or go out of business. I don't want to sound like I'm complaining because the pricing isnt that bad, I guess. Just could have been a little better for long time, loyal users.
Word. I am on a very bad exchange rate, but still USD 159, while not beer money, is a decent price to pay for what I am getting.

Dead_Musik@yahoo.co.uk

Post by Dead_Musik@yahoo.co.uk » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:39 pm

Just spend your money and move on, or stay with the version you got! Simples :D

Evil_Banana

Post by Evil_Banana » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:19 pm

Dead_Musik@yahoo.co.uk wrote:Just spend your money and move on, or stay with the version you got! Simples :D
Thanks, exactly the information I was looking for... IMO it's that attitude that causes companies like Ableton to treat their customers like cattle that should be milked rather than respected customers. Keep it up.

DataMusic

Post by DataMusic » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:48 pm

I spoke to the biggest Retailer for Musicsoftware and Hardware in Germany today and even they don´t know what´s going on in therms of prizes for Upgrade-Boxes. There will be Upgrade Boxes in your Local Music-Store but Ableton is giving out very little information about availability and prizes. They didn´t sound very happy about this situation..

Does someone know how big this Suite Upgrade is? Do we all sit in front of our screens on the 5th of march and wait for GB´s of content to download from Ableton´s servers?

DataMusic

Post by DataMusic » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:59 pm

ooops sorry, yeah prices

i´ve won LIVE 9 today :lol:

redglass

Post by redglass » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:36 pm

login wrote:
sampla wrote:
login wrote: Compare it to things like FL Studio, Cubase, Sonar, etc.

Avid Protools 10 599
Reason 399
Studio One Pro 399
Ableton Suite 599
Ableton Standard 399
Cubase 7 499
Sonar X2 PRO 499
Digital performer 495
FL Studio Producer 299
Logic 199
Just curious, what are the upgrade costs of those other DAWs, since that is what we're primarily discussing?
I don't own most of those, so I don't know how they compare.
Sonar X1 > X2 Pro: 119 or 99.
Studio One 1> 2.5 Pro: 149
Reason 5 > 6.5: 169
Cubase 6.5 > 7: 149
Protools 9 > 10: 299
Live 8 > 9: 299
Live Suite 8 > 9 : 249 (199 if M4L owner)
Digital performer 7 > 8 : 195

All in USD
You forgot Reaper: 60 USD (full liscence).

Evengy

Post by Evengy » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:12 pm

and fl studio lifetime updates ;)

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:13 pm

yeah but with Reaper you have to factor in the day off work you have to take to get it configured. depending on your hourly wage it could be the most expensive DAW of all.

ralin

Post by ralin » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:24 pm

fishmonkey wrote:i hafta say the long awaited "special offer" for Suite 8 + M4L owners was a let down. the email made me think that there would be an extra USD100 discount from the already advertised price, but, no the difference is only about USD35. god only knows why they strung that out for so long...
This "special offer" has me worried that if I don't order in the first week they are actually going to end up increasing the price they quoted me when it was announced.

redglass

Post by redglass » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:52 pm

H20nly wrote:yeah but with Reaper you have to factor in the day off work you have to take to get it configured. depending on your hourly wage it could be the most expensive DAW of all.
I agree in sense of configuring at the beginning and you miss off course all the content plus M4L. But with Reaper you have a rock solid system, VERY low CPU usage, stable video support, ability to use 32 Bit & 64 Bit fx, network FX processing, comping, batch processing (for film very time saving) and a lot of features that I'm just going to get to know at the moment. So, Reaper will be time saving for me in the future I know already! - working on film sound! Working with music I'll continue working with Live 8, I guess. So I'll use both, Reaper & Live in the future. Reaper seems to be more in competition with PT. Live is still very unique (clip view, M4L, content). But I already spent money for Live Suite, M4L (249 EUR) and I'm irritated about 249 EUR upgrade price for me (it used to be 199 EUR 2 months ago) with a 30 EUR discount now for me as a fact. Something between 100 and 150 EUR, like 129 or 139 would be more fair, as 64 Bit is nothing special compared to other DAWs.

Just my 2 cent.

merges

Post by merges » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:04 pm

ralin wrote:
fishmonkey wrote:i hafta say the long awaited "special offer" for Suite 8 + M4L owners was a let down. the email made me think that there would be an extra USD100 discount from the already advertised price, but, no the difference is only about USD35. god only knows why they strung that out for so long...
This "special offer" has me worried that if I don't order in the first week they are actually going to end up increasing the price they quoted me when it was announced.
Yup. A one week period for upgrading is pretty threatening/urgent, too. I really wonder why they're doing customer experience this way.

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:26 pm

Evil_Banana wrote:
fishmonkey wrote:
Yes, then you get the full prices. For upgrades though => "Already own Live? Log in to see your upgrade prices" & " Log in to see your upgrade offers"
Unless you have a specific link that directs me to the upgrade-prices... Please can someone simply tell me what the current upgrade price is from Live 8, to Live 8 Suite + free L9 upgrade.

Thank you
did you even try it? the upgrade prices are also shown.

johnnyvn

Post by johnnyvn » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:54 pm

Guys, just as another point of reference...my studio has been working with ProTools 8 for some years. When PT9 came out, we didn't upgrade, because PT9 was all about the Native (non-TDM) version of PT. No advantages for 8 TDM users.

Through the years, our upgrades from one version (PT5, PT6, PT7) to the next version (PT6, PT7, PT8, etc) have been $199, $249 or $299.

Well, when PT10 was introduced, the upgrade price to go from PT8 to PT10 (keeping in mind that PT9 had nothing for TDM users) was $1500.00!

OUCH!

So in my thinking, any upgrade from any of these companies is fair and reasonable as long as it falls between $199-$299. That's just my take on it.

BTW, I'm sure that the one-week deal on upgrades is simply to bring a lot of money into Ableton upon release...as they've probably had a long haul of paying programmers while waiting to finish Live 9. I don't think that's so terrible...