Live 9 Pricing

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mrweasel

Re: Live 9 Pricing

Post by mrweasel » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:39 am

that's a good point

Timbeaux

Post by Timbeaux » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:03 am

btw, nice signature @ funken :))) first i thought its a countdown, but then i missed the clock.

mrweasel

Post by mrweasel » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:12 am

If you own Suite and Max you do not necessarily need to buy 9 Suite, as you will keep all your Suite instruments and Max for Live. This is a route many are contemplating, as it seems that you only miss out on 40GB sounds.
That's the thing, is there a Suite only upgrade, in order to avail of the 40Gb of sounds, without having to pay for the Full Suite, it doesn't seem fair for those who paid for Suite in 8 already.
A bit as if you have Komplete 8 Ultimate and need to pay a whole new license for Komplete 9 Ultimate.

I'm saying this as I just upgraded from Live8 to Live9+Suite, so coming Live10, I will find myself in a similar situation, should Suite be improved.

That said, I'm not too sure about how much of Suite I'll be using yet, as from what I've heard and tested compared to Kontakt's libraries, a lot of the sounds are very weak in comparison (Pianos, Rhodes in particular)

KrisM

Post by KrisM » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:22 am

Timbeaux wrote:i dont see the problem, if someone dont like the price then he shouldnt buy it. whining about it wouldnt help.
If people remain silent when they don't like something, no one ever knows that anyone feels there is a problem. Whether that feeling is justified is up for debate, of course. But you can't tell people not to complain about something, they do have every right to, just as those happy as can be with their price are to say they are pleased with the situation. I will say that I would tend to agree that constant complaining would justify calling it 'whining' though, and at some point these people do need to suck it up after their opinion is known.

My thing is, I more or less agree with the price on offer for me currently. I do not agree with the one week time frame to get this price. So chances are now higher that I won't upgrade to 9 at this time, and that's my choice.
I don't 'produce.' I write music.

Timbeaux

Post by Timbeaux » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:47 am

we are on page 54 of live 9 price whining thread...

maybe i didnt stated it clear enough. its all about the constant discussion and moving in a circle.

For me iam one of the lucky guys which used the opportunity of the moment and got live 9 suite for an acceptable price. How long does it take from live 8 to live 9? 3 years? So 3 years of work should be payed.

Evil_Banana

Post by Evil_Banana » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:23 am

fishmonkey wrote:
did you even try it? the upgrade prices are also shown.
FFS man, do you think I'm retarded or something? That I don't know how to use Google or surf around a friggin webpage? I COPY/PASTED that text literally of the webpage. It does NOT show me any upgrade prices unless logged in. And when I'm logged in, I only see SUITE-upgrade prices. Maybe you didn't realize, that I own Suite, it will NOT show me the other upgrade paths because... I own Suite.
So please, stop trying to politely tell me that I'm basically too lazy to try. Unless you have an official link on the Ableton-website while NOT logged in that shows all upgrade-paths? In that case I will gladly admit that I'm a dumbass retard.

kvr

Post by kvr » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:30 am

Timbeaux wrote:we are on page 54 of live 9 price whining thread...

maybe i didnt stated it clear enough. its all about the constant discussion and moving in a circle.

For me iam one of the lucky guys which used the opportunity of the moment and got live 9 suite for an acceptable price. How long does it take from live 8 to live 9? 3 years? So 3 years of work should be payed.
they workt 3 years on getting the bugs out live 8.if you think live 9 is 3 years of work you should pay them an extra bonus.

i think the price is good.but the 1 week time offer is a slap in the face.

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:41 am

Evil_Banana wrote:
fishmonkey wrote:
did you even try it? the upgrade prices are also shown.
FFS man, do you think I'm retarded or something? That I don't know how to use Google or surf around a friggin webpage? I COPY/PASTED that text literally of the webpage. It does NOT show me any upgrade prices unless logged in. And when I'm logged in, I only see SUITE-upgrade prices. Maybe you didn't realize, that I own Suite, it will NOT show me the other upgrade paths because... I own Suite.
So please, stop trying to politely tell me that I'm basically too lazy to try. Unless you have an official link on the Ableton-website while NOT logged in that shows all upgrade-paths? In that case I will gladly admit that I'm a dumbass retard.
after that rant, maybe you are a dumbass, hard to say from here.

but, you are right. i wasn't paying enough attention, so my apologies.

Evil_Banana

Post by Evil_Banana » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:46 am

Timbeaux wrote:we are on page 54 of live 9 price whining thread...

I agree, nothing should be free and they should be rewarded for the work. Although loyalty should be rewarded as well. People have been waiting for 3 years, and a great deal of what they did was include stuff they already had like M4L and all the Packs (finally, some content), yet people are still excited over they upgrade and that loyalty gets returned with F all. New users get a fat discount, existing users need to pay up. Anyone notice how there is NO discount at all if you own Suite and want to upgrade to L9 Standard?

That prices are not low, but they're not unreasonable either. I am however very allergic to the way they treat us, bad communication, the fucked up pricing scheme and mistakes, stringing us along for a minor discount and then forcing us to decide fast in order to get it while everyone else got months and new users get the royal treatment.

I like L9 and I'm interested in M4L, but I'm really considering waiting for Bitwig out of reluctancy to give into that attitude. 50 Euros is not a big bargain, and worth the wait checking out Bitwig first.

Evil_Banana

Post by Evil_Banana » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:59 am

fishmonkey wrote:

Nice one :lol: It was not a rant, rather an attempt to explain you were obviously not paying attention indeed, and apparently I'm not that much of a dumbass because it seems to have worked. You understood! Congrats! Apologies accepted.

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:09 am

Evil_Banana wrote:
fishmonkey wrote:

Nice one :lol: It was not a rant, rather an attempt to explain you were obviously not paying attention indeed, and apparently I'm not that much of a dumbass because it seems to have worked. You understood! Congrats! Apologies accepted.
hugs

Evil_Banana

Post by Evil_Banana » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:13 am

fishmonkey wrote:
hugs
Hmmm, best passive aggressive argumentation I've seen in a while. I can respect that :wink:

Timbeaux

Post by Timbeaux » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:40 am

kvr wrote: they workt 3 years on getting the bugs out live 8.if you think live 9 is 3 years of work you should pay them an extra bonus.

i think the price is good.but the 1 week time offer is a slap in the face.
maybe i should, someone have a donate button seen?

For the people which dont wanna pay that "huge " price: maybe they should wait until live 10. i swear an upgrade from 8 to 9 will be much cheaper :P

gp23

Post by gp23 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:45 am

Evil_Banana wrote:Anyone notice how there is NO discount at all if you own Suite and want to upgrade to L9 Standard?
I certainly did. Having no interest in M4L, and not using the majority of Suite components as it is, I was interested to see how the standard upgrade would be priced. Disappointingly, there is no discount for taking this route. At least last time there was a €30 coupon which could be used against either a Live or Suite upgrade.

I'm not bitter, though, because I am content with 8. The only new feature that interested me was session automation, and I can happily live without that for the sake of £109. 8)

heavensdaw

Post by heavensdaw » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:08 am

Imo Ableton are failing..
For all the reasons people have said..
It seems the last years since the mess of L8.. Ableton have lost touch even more with the people (us).. frantically trying to patch up a pretty much awful and if I recall not so cheap L8.. At the same time preparing for the next up(haha)grade, to keep the money flowing... Sorry... The world just 3 or 4 years ago is a very different one from today.... There's MUCH more competition and there's a global economic crisis happening (if they haven't noticed)... For many many people the days of such luxuries are over.. And if they cant see that then I really don't know what else to say...

Hd