Beta testers ! Is it stable ?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
sowhoso

Re: Beta testers ! Is it stable ?

Post by sowhoso » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:41 am

SpeedKing wrote:The increase in stability from Live 8 to Live 9 was one of the main reasons I ended up getting Live 9. The beta has been solid as a rock for me through who knows how many dozens of hours of use. There was a huge bug between Live 9 and a VST I was using, and it was the VST that was the issue. Other than that non-Ableton-caused crash, I haven't had a single one. It's been like a dream come true after all the trouble I've had with Live 8.

So yes, for me, a maaassssive increase in stability.
cool!

what are your system specs?

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:18 am

v00d00ppl wrote:If you're using live and live devices only it should work well. I use Arturia spark and I get CPU spikes and audio drop outs when trying to use the oberheim filter in live. I am running an i7 920, 9 GB of ram, 1TB windows 7 x64 system. Arturia Spark works well with Studio one V2. There are no dropouts or CPU spikes. Spark runs a little more stable on 8 for me. So my current workaround is to write my loops in studio one and rearrange those loops back in live to build pattern ideas.
I'm gonna wait Live10 to get 9 stable.

agent314

Post by agent314 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:45 am

The Beta for 9 has been more stable than every version of 8 I have used up to this point.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:07 am

Apart from "out of memory" issues I had with the 32bit I have not had any issues out of the norm of any DAW and I am using PC. Never a skip, crackle or hum out of place.

I bet i've jinxed it now

sowhoso

Post by sowhoso » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:17 am

^^^^

dude, you are so screwed now

:lol:

SpeedKing

Post by SpeedKing » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:00 pm

sowhoso wrote:
SpeedKing wrote:The increase in stability from Live 8 to Live 9 was one of the main reasons I ended up getting Live 9. The beta has been solid as a rock for me through who knows how many dozens of hours of use. There was a huge bug between Live 9 and a VST I was using, and it was the VST that was the issue. Other than that non-Ableton-caused crash, I haven't had a single one. It's been like a dream come true after all the trouble I've had with Live 8.

So yes, for me, a maaassssive increase in stability.
cool!

what are your system specs?
Win7
16GB DDR3 1866 RAM
7200RPM SATA HD
Intel i7 2600-K CPU

It's a powerful computer, so that was definitely never the issue with Live 8. I still don't know what the issue WAS, but yeah, it wasn't stable at all. I do not use it Live (I record/arrange with it), so it wasn't more than just a huge annoyance, but it didn't cripple me or anything. But with Live 9 64-bit, whatever the issue was, is gone now. I love using Live 9 simply because I can go from morning til night without any issues.

sowhoso

Post by sowhoso » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:22 pm

SpeedKing wrote:It's a powerful computer...
tell me about it...my system has the same exact specs except it has the non-K cpu

have you tried the 8 beta? pretty stable for me

anyway, great to hear this

SpeedKing

Post by SpeedKing » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:00 pm

sowhoso wrote:
SpeedKing wrote:It's a powerful computer...
tell me about it...my system has the same exact specs except it has the non-K cpu

have you tried the 8 beta? pretty stable for me

anyway, great to hear this
Nope, I haven't. Actually, RIGHT about the time I had enough of Live 8 crashing and decided to give the Live 8 64 bit beta a try, I got into the Live 9 beta, so I never actually got around to using it. I was very curious about it. So, I definitely can't speak for the stability (on my system) of the Live 8 beta version, only the 8.3.4 and prior releases.

sach160

Post by sach160 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:33 am

Great thread. I (like I'm sure many not involved in the beta testing) am wondering how stable it is to see if it's worth upgrading while the offer is on. I'm particularly interested in how it performs with the big third party vsts. Would love to hear about more live 9 experiences wrt stability !

Coupe70

Post by Coupe70 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:37 am

sach160 wrote:Great thread. I (like I'm sure many not involved in the beta testing) am wondering how stable it is to see if it's worth upgrading while the offer is on. I'm particularly interested in how it performs with the big third party vsts. Would love to hear about more live 9 experiences wrt stability !
Well...now you can try it yourself.
Phongemeinschaft (Live-ElectroJazz / NuJazz)
Homepage - youtube - Like! :-)
Live 9 (32Bit), HP DV7, i5 2,53GHz, 8 GB RAM, Win7 (64Bit)