Looper plugin: avoid crackling noise with short fade-in/out

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
psyndrome

Looper plugin: avoid crackling noise with short fade-in/out

Post by psyndrome » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:22 pm

Hi,

at first, thumbs up for the x64-support! Makes a lot positive changes with big sets.

Got an idea for next version and maybe this issue will be realized for next (beta) versions? I just use mainly the looper plugin of ableton and the effect plugins for my Live-Ambient-Cello-Projekt. Following problem: In some cases of live recording I do not get 100% the stop button. The result: the tone is still not faded out, but the record is stopped by hit the midi footcontroller. This means, that at the end (or beginning - I don't know) of the recorded loop while playing repeat you can hear a short crackling noise, because the waves of the recording are "not on the same line". This bad thing is especially for live concerts really bad and should be the same problem even for rhythm proofs too.

Maybe you could programming an on/off-Button inside the looper plugin, which realize a very short (some milliseconds) fade-in and fade-out. This issue would be very brilliant! What you think about this feature?

Maybe another issue too -> For new (beta) version would be an RSS alert option very nice.

All the best and have a nice day!

psyndrome

Re: Looper plugin: avoid crackling noise with short fade-in/out

Post by psyndrome » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:59 pm

If the set with some loops is running and gets stopped on "wrong position", there will be a bad crackling too... :(

psyndrome

Post by psyndrome » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:55 pm

No one (dis)agree or interested?

psyndrome

Post by psyndrome » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:14 pm

What's so difficult to give the plugin an on/off-button for a very short fade in/out?