Ski beats slicing preset

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
stevep314

Ski beats slicing preset

Post by stevep314 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:05 am

Anyone tried installing this on the mac?

I dragged and dropped it in my library, defaults, slicing folder...but it doesn't show up in the pull down list when i slice a track.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve

aftertouch

Re: Ski beats slicing preset

Post by aftertouch » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:51 am

yeh works fine, although i prefer a dif template.

stevep314

Post by stevep314 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:00 pm

works on the pc but not on the mac...

works on the mac when i go to the library folder itself. on the hard drive..paste the file there. Instead of dragging it in the library in ableton.

Thanks!

Steve

fishstix1234

Post by fishstix1234 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:17 am

can i get some instructions on how to install this preset on a mac? its a real pain

Masetrax

Post by Masetrax » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:59 am

I just dragged it into Ableton and it worked fine? You could try copy and pasting it into the library folder on your hard drive instead of drag & drop.

MichaelRFK

Post by MichaelRFK » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:13 pm

Hi, I'm French so if my english is not so clear, i apologize beforehand.
about the SKIPRESET,
i dragged the original track, slice it in the warp machine and did the midi track trick.
I got a PC (sorry for the Mac fag... i'm not so rich) and this preset works really well...
But i got one question... what about the Time-stretch? i tried to put my original track at 89.00 BPM for example and it sound that in the warp machine the rythm has changed. Good. BUT when i slice it in a new midi track, the rythm is definitly not the same. it the ORIGINAL TEMPO of the track. what kind of tricks should i do to keep the tempo i put in the warp machine OR to change it in the midi track?
WAS IT CLEAR ENOUGH?

lol

Paix à Tous!

jlgrimes

Post by jlgrimes » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:05 pm

MichaelRFK wrote:Hi, I'm French so if my english is not so clear, i apologize beforehand.
about the SKIPRESET,
i dragged the original track, slice it in the warp machine and did the midi track trick.
I got a PC (sorry for the Mac fag... i'm not so rich) and this preset works really well...
But i got one question... what about the Time-stretch? i tried to put my original track at 89.00 BPM for example and it sound that in the warp machine the rythm has changed. Good. BUT when i slice it in a new midi track, the rythm is definitly not the same. it the ORIGINAL TEMPO of the track. what kind of tricks should i do to keep the tempo i put in the warp machine OR to change it in the midi track?
WAS IT CLEAR ENOUGH?

lol

Paix à Tous!

Freeze the clip before slicing to retain the Ableton warping effects

boderekstits

Post by boderekstits » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:07 pm

just checked out this vid and installed the preset, etc. take an organ break, chopped it, sliced it....i'm wondering....what exactly is unique about this preset? seems just like a stock sampler to me, unless i'm missing something...

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:29 pm

1. Long release to allow a sample to play out after tapped.
2. A choke group setting in the preset so that all clips share the same choke..........

....actually, doesn't it use Sampler? It probably has polyphony set to 1 or mono. Same concept as choke groups. You'll never hear a previous sample the moment a new one is triggered.

And that's the magic.

boderekstits

Post by boderekstits » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:01 pm

yur2die4 wrote:1. Long release to allow a sample to play out after tapped.
2. A choke group setting in the preset so that all clips share the same choke..........

....actually, doesn't it use Sampler? It probably has polyphony set to 1 or mono. Same concept as choke groups. You'll never hear a previous sample the moment a new one is triggered.

And that's the magic.
indeed, that's it. just like the MPC Drum Rack preset...same result, different method. the beauty of Ableton.