June 25th !!!!!!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
#1thelark

June 25th !!!!!!!

Post by #1thelark » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:00 pm

Only 16 weeks until Push will be delivered!!!
I first thought my order from early this morning( which has been reserved until they invited me to order again) said 2-4 weeks, but now I'm sure they meant 2-4 months!!

:x

Guillermo Barrancos

Re: June 25th !!!!!!!

Post by Guillermo Barrancos » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:07 pm

I am pretty outraged right now!

I spend good Money this weekend on upgrading to Live 9. Sole reason was for the Push Controller!!!
I placed my order With my local retailer, because the Nordic distributor promissed to get it stocked on March 5th! Now they backed out yesterday and didn't know if or when they will get any!

If I knew I would not be getting Push until summer! I could have saved myself the Money of the Live 9 Upgrade!

What a joke! The Push Controller has been Production ready for months! They have been hyping it through the roof for months! So they had months to prepare for this day and build up enough Stock.

I sincerly hope they kept a seperate Stock for the retailers and that they at least receive some units in the coming weeks. /shrug

aioffermann

Post by aioffermann » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:12 pm

Where are you guys getting this info that it starts shipping June 25th? The Ableton Shop says 2-4 weeks from now..

#1thelark

Post by #1thelark » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:14 pm

I guess all the pythoncoders will have made push obsolete by then, this is a really delicate situation for Ableton and Akai.

Ill post a screenshot...

Guillermo Barrancos

Post by Guillermo Barrancos » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:14 pm

aioffermann wrote:Where are you guys getting this info that it starts shipping June 25th? The Ableton Shop says 2-4 weeks from now..
Clear the cache of Your browser and check it again. It now says 12 to 16 weeks!

Push

ships in 12-16 weeks

64 velocity and pressure sensitive pads
8 touch sensitive encoders
LCD display
Bus-powered
To go with your copy of Live 9 Standard

USD 599

panten

Post by panten » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:18 pm

Guillermo Barrancos

Post by Guillermo Barrancos » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:25 pm

panten wrote:http://www.andertons.co.uk/dj-equipment ... roller.asp
Don't they mean 12-16 days?
Those are probably still Place holder dates. The Norwegian shop here where I placed the order, still says 7th of march, which is also a Place holder date.
The guy at the shop has been in contact With Ableton directly, but they refuse to give a clear answer on when they gonna ship to retailers!

Seeing how they are already sold out via their online pre-order and now also seem to have a Heavy backorder! You can bet there won't be anything shipping to retailers anytime soon either! :evil:

#1thelark

Post by #1thelark » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:26 pm

End of March is the delivery date for those Shops, which placed their order first.

Thats what my local music shop told me after calling ableton early today.

Next batch will arrive in June...

Guillermo Barrancos

Post by Guillermo Barrancos » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:30 pm

#1thelark wrote:End of March is the delivery date for those Shops, which placed their order first.

Thats what my local music shop told me after calling ableton early today.

Next batch will arrive in June...
Two shops here in Oslo, Norway placed large orders a long time ago, the moment it was announced! And they don't get any clear answer so far.

kennsore

Post by kennsore » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:34 pm

Feels a bit like a product launch from Apple...

Hopefully it won't be that long, remember this is the launch day.

With that said, I bet they are pulling out champaign bottles at Ableton HQ tonight...

humnumb

Post by humnumb » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:59 pm

kennsore wrote:Feels a bit like a product launch from Apple...
More like a typical product launch from Ableton/Akai where it takes at least half a year to over a year from announcement to actual launch. If it was like a product launch from Apple, the Push would have been released when it was announced.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:01 pm

Question is, was the estimated delivery time accurate when you placed your order, or has it been corrected for old orders as well?
Professional Shark Jumper.

kennsore

Post by kennsore » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:05 pm

humnumb wrote:
More like a typical product launch from Ableton/Akai where it takes at least half a year to over a year from announcement to actual launch. If it was like a product launch from Apple, the Push would have been released when it was announced.
Good point!

Guillermo Barrancos

Post by Guillermo Barrancos » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:10 pm

humnumb wrote:
And With that they've lost momentum now. As the largest incentive to Upgrade from Live 8 to Live 9, was because of the Push Controller.

So now we have Live 9, but no Push Controller. How could they have screwed up so badly. :(

I Guess Native Instruments is laughing their butts off right now, as they'll be getting more customers for their Maschine MkII.

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:14 pm

It says 2-4 weeks now. Must have been a typo, guys.