What the F*CK!!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
wildcon

What the F*CK!!!

Post by wildcon » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:13 pm

Well here we go again!

I've downloaded live 9 suite.

Stopped back in work to download the suite packs and her we go off and running.

Or so I thought:

I was loading the Trombone from the Orchestral pack and frankly and to quote my fave guitarist Leo Kottke - It sounded like geese farts on a rainy day!
Although only some notes (being played from the computer keyboard).

So anyway, I just thought maybe it was a shite sample or something and merrily moved on.

Then having loaded a string section I got no sound at all! even though the midi was showing.

Okay, this is a new version and it is suite which I didn't have before, so maybe i was doing something wrong.

So I merrily moved on again and .... The same thing happened with a Collision marimba instrument No sound :evil:

So I turned the instrument off in the rack and back on and here's the F*cking geese farting noise again :evil: :evil:

After god knows how many years of shite crashing with Live 8 no I get this.

I am not happy :evil:

Going to load up Logic again - at least I know it will work!!!!!

The test song (no real tune) is all live if anyone wants to test it.
MacBook Pro, Mojave, Live 10, Logic Pro X, UAD Apollo & Satellites, UAD, NI Komplete, Izotope, Korg, Audio Damage, Fabfilter, Waves plugs.

hacktheplanet

Re: What the F*CK!!!

Post by hacktheplanet » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:16 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry man, but you have to somehow record and upload this "Geese Farting" noise... Sounds hilarious.

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:18 pm

This kind of thing is unprecedented on the first day of software releases!

Outrageous!

darkenedsoul

Post by darkenedsoul » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:24 pm

HAHAHAHA, I needed a laugh today after seeing the pissing and moaning about a small company and whomever is hosting their network stuff to go down due to too many people trying to download/register it on the FIRST DAY. Shyte happens, no different than what happened with Diablo III and Guild Wars 2 on their first day(s)/week of being online for the masses.

But for the OP I gotta hear this man once I get it downloaded later this week. I'm letting all you other impatient folks try/fail/succeed in getting it as I am not in a hurry unlike a bunch of others complaining on here haha. Relax, have a drink/smoke a blunt/whatever your vice (as said in other thread) and it'll happen in time.

Mike
http://www.darkenedsoul.net - main website
Ableton Live 8.x/9.x : NI Komplete 8 : Home built 4690K 16GB 500GB SSD, 1TB 7200, 2x2TB.

wildcon

Post by wildcon » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:32 pm

Hi There,

Right I've loaded several instances of Collision instruments in a new track and all seems fine.

So - I'm guessing it must be some sort of memory build up or something!??

This is what pissed me about Live 8 - You just never knew when it was going to freak on you. I've used exactly the same set-ups with third party VST's on Logic projects with any issue whatsoever.

I have to point out that I was a total fanboy who is becoming more and more arsed off with Live.

Right lets see if I can get some more Geese Farts Going :)
MacBook Pro, Mojave, Live 10, Logic Pro X, UAD Apollo & Satellites, UAD, NI Komplete, Izotope, Korg, Audio Damage, Fabfilter, Waves plugs.

wildcon

Post by wildcon » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:35 pm

RELOADED - No frigging fart noises !

Somehow that's worse :?

It's the unpredictability of this program - seriously stress inducing

Oh well - That'll teach me for jumping on early just to save 25%

I'll keep you posted :)

CFM

Post by CFM » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:12 pm

I've come to the conclusion you will never please everyone. I use to be a Sonar user and everyone moaned of the clockwork upgrades, shedding out £100 each time and even having to download upgrade patches on the day of release.

Seen people here saying they are going to wait for Bigwig - could be waiting for a long time and I very much doubt if the experience will be much better.

wildcon

Post by wildcon » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:02 am

I've come to the conclusion you will never please everyone. I use to be a Sonar user and everyone moaned of the clockwork upgrades, shedding out £100 each time and even having to download upgrade patches on the day of release.
Actually I have been very happy using Logic Express for the last 6 Months. Which I started using as Live 8 kept crashing on me!

I love the concept of live. I just want something that works! - Shouldn't be too much to ask having just paid £70 more for an Upgrade than the full price of Logic Pro!

td6d

Post by td6d » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:03 am

Sound to me you're just playing in a low octave. Most orchestral instruments don't cover 8 full octaves. :roll:

wildcon

Post by wildcon » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:55 pm

Sound to me you're just playing in a low octave. Most orchestral instruments don't cover 8 full octaves.
No its definitely within the ranges

The note is playing but it had a rasping sound going on over it.

I'm was wondering if it was some sort of not authorised noise that you sometime get on demo's. I did have trouble authorising, but then I wouldn't have been able to save if that was the case.

Not really had a chance to play much more last night, so no further forward.

J0n35y

Post by J0n35y » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:46 pm

I can't help at all but just wanted to say that the opening post give me a good giggle on a right shite day at work! Thank you!

darkenedsoul

Post by darkenedsoul » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:48 pm

We still want that geese farting sound dammit!
http://www.darkenedsoul.net - main website
Ableton Live 8.x/9.x : NI Komplete 8 : Home built 4690K 16GB 500GB SSD, 1TB 7200, 2x2TB.

justchris86

Post by justchris86 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:58 pm

I had no problem downloading, installing or using any of 9. ive loaded up up some sounds from the library with no problems. weird issue!
"Do not quote or read this text"

https://soundcloud.com/unnecessary-roughness-yyc

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:47 pm

CFM wrote:I've come to the conclusion you will never please everyone.
you did that all by yourself sport?

geese farting is hilarious.. .I can only imagine what that sounds like!
:lol:

Scotty Danger

Post by Scotty Danger » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:20 pm

darkenedsoul wrote:We still want that geese farting sound dammit!
+1
Apogee Duet 2, Jam / Macbook Pro - Lion / Waves RenMaxx / Suite 9
I make organic indie rock/pop with guitars and mics and stuff.