Authorising LIve 9 Suite

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
dmand84

Authorising LIve 9 Suite

Post by dmand84 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:57 am

Anyone else still having a problem authorising.

Mine keeps timing out and the offline authorisation still isn't working either!

lagrangeaudio

Re: Authorising LIve 9 Suite

Post by lagrangeaudio » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:06 pm

Not just you. I'm having the same issue. I can reach the site via a proxy but that doesn't solve the authorization problem. I have been reliably informed that to manage the server load AB are geographically shaping and I understand that no-one in Australia or New Zealand can reach the website let alone authorise.

To be honest, yesterday I was very understanding but I am starting to lose my patience now, especially since I built a clean system for Live9 and consequently I can't go back to 834 because the authorisation isn't working for that either so I have been right royally screwed by Ableton at the minute.

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:12 pm

^^ Not true.

It took me one try & less than 10 secs to authorise & I live in Australia.

My friend however could not authorise, & he was hooked into the wireless network at my place.

Go figure :?: :?:

He hates me.

lagrangeaudio

Post by lagrangeaudio » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:17 pm

Bizarre, I have three machines on two independent connections and none of them will connect to the AB website (except via a proxy), everywhere else is fine. I only mention the shaping because an IT colleague of mine told me it's a routine way of handling one-off high loadings like product launches, basically you roll around the world to cover everyones relative peak times, happy to be corrected however :)

dmand84

Post by dmand84 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:19 pm

Yeah I'm definitely losing my patience. It better work when I get home from work later!!!!

Glad it's not just me though.

dazzer

Post by dazzer » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:50 pm

If it doesn't work (it just did for me) try offline authorisation

lagrangeaudio

Post by lagrangeaudio » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:55 pm

Tried the offline option, that doesn't work either.

What's also wierd is that I can't reach the site on my mobile either, different connection again, different provider.

OK now we are getting very strange. At exactly 9:00PM local ALL my connections immediately starting working including 4 devices on 3 completely different internet connections. I am now authorised. You can't tell me that isn't a coincidence!!!

jivebird

Post by jivebird » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:09 pm

I'm in Australia experiencing the same thing only worse.

I used offline authorisation when trying to authorise Ableton Live 9 Suite for the first time. Offline authorisation was available at the time I attempted it. Entered in the machine code under my Ableton account page and clicked continue to start the download of the authorisation file. The page loaded and loaded and loaded, then gave me an error screen. The download of the authorisation file never started.

When I go back to my account screen, it now says that I've used an activation, but the download for the license file didn't start, so I've lost an activation for nothing. It's obvious the process got to a point where an authorisation was deducted from my account, but then timed out when it was meant to deliver the file.

I've contacted support who are trying to help but are not understanding my problem very well. Originally they said we looked at your account and everything appears fine, your software is authorised, thinking it was an online activation (even though I stated otherwise). Obviously it's authorised on Ableton's end, but not on mine because I don't have the authorisation file. They've gone round in circles since then and referred me to an article on how to remove an authorisation from your computer, but that's only applicable if you have already authorised in the first place!

I know this isn't supposed to happen through this channel, but is a staff member from Ableton somehow able to PM me to help get this sorted? I need to get this lost activation credited back before I try again, as I don't want to complicate things further. I need both licenses because I intend on installing this on my home computer and my laptop.

This is my first experience with Ableton and it hasn't been great so far. I've heard great things but the responses I have received from support haven't instilled me with confidence. I understand that there was and still is heaps of traffic coming through, but the authorisation process should be much more reliable.

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:21 pm

Thanks for your patience with support at this time - we're getting through inquiries as fast as possible.

lll

Post by lll » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:40 pm

it didn't work for me too, it said "License does not match your Live Suite Installation"

Anyone know the fix?

the bite

Post by the bite » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:35 pm

it didn't work for me too, it said "License does not match your Live Suite Installation"

Same here.My account is a mess. It appears my live 9 suite to download, but it doesn,t have a serial with it.Max for live not appears in my account, so it,s impossible to authorize the version.

We need our Live 9 suite numbers, come on, fix the accounts!

dmand84

Post by dmand84 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:58 pm

Ableton_David wrote:Thanks for your patience with support at this time - we're getting through inquiries as fast as possible.
Any ideas when?

Elektroy

Post by Elektroy » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:33 pm

Same here... PLEASE FIX THIS AUTHORIZE FUNCTION.

First i could't buy Live 9 Suite because there was no Paypal option and now this...
Come on Ableton.. get your software working.

But when it works it really works gooooodddd!! SO DON'T LET ME DOWN!!!

8)

the bite

Post by the bite » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:51 pm

This is getting worse.
Customer service says that i,ve already successfully Live 9 suite on 2 computers!!!!! Is this a joke???? i,ve been participating on the betas, and i have the betas activated, but this strange message appears with the new Live suite 9.
If they can,t see nothing wrong, i don,tknow how to think.
Please, there is a BUG Here, we are not fools!!!!

lll

Post by lll » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:54 am

It has been hours and no fix....! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: