Native instruments new program coming out

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
gnurf

Re: Native instruments new program coming out

Post by gnurf » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:17 pm

I had the impression they would actually release something on the 5th, but I guess it was an announcement that they were going to make announcements.

In the coming weeks Native Instruments will be announcing their intent to announce more announcement, the latter during which we'll be informed of their forthcoming announcements of new software announcements.

You know that's how they work. People asked to get more advance warning about things. This is what happens.

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:06 am

Yea reading up the "recharge" line definitely is a battery reference. I'm thinking battery 4 will be maschine with the bring your own controller feature. I wouldn't mind that. They may even add a drum synth to go against spark , tremor, and the max for live drum synth. If they do that then I don't mind the upgrade.
SSL X Desk / Apollo Twin Solo / Sherman Restyler / Ensoniq EPS Classic / Analog Keys / Handsome Audio Zulu

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:29 am

JuanSOLO wrote:Visually NI is stuck in the wrong decade.
Wonder if they'll ever fix their website.
No Live user should accuse another company of being visually stuck.

:P

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:46 am

Angstrom wrote:You know what I love.
Teaser videos.They really are great.

I see a teaser video with some close cropped, 3d rendered "stuff" blerps about mysteriously, some 3d waveforms and a bit of lensflare, meanwhile the hip music genre of the day plays in the background.

I assume I am meant to tell all my social media friends "mystery blerp is possibly coming!! At some time soon-ish, possibly"
hell, it surely must be a viral hit. Otherwise what are the marketing dept doing all day in there?

An indeterminate amount of time later a product is released and there's a 1% chance I make any connection at all between the video and BlerpMaster V3 . All these companies may as well be advertising each others projects for all I can keep track of it he correlation between teaser and released product.
:lol: You should be getting paid for your post.
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

gnurf

Post by gnurf » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:35 am

Blerpmaster is the next synth? Man, I've always wanted virtually modelled blerps!

humnumb

Post by humnumb » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:37 am

v00d00ppl wrote:I'm thinking battery 4 will be maschine with the bring your own controller feature.
I think it's a new version of Battery too (the use of "supercharge" gives it away) but I don't see how it "will be maschine with the bring your own controller feature" since the concept behind Maschine and Battery are so different. The "new futuristic interface" thing has me wondering if it was referring to a iPad controller app. Definitely intrigued.
v00d00ppl wrote:They may even add a drum synth to go against spark , tremor, and the max for live drum synth.
Nah. They already have Reaktor which has drum synths covered. Check Memory Drum 2, Newscool, Aerobic, Sinebeats2 from the factory library, and of course, there's always the user library.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:45 am

I understand that battery is somewhat synonymous with having samples on pads, but the video really had a strong sequencing theme. Does that seem like something one would get from that video??

JeffreyCJohnson

Post by JeffreyCJohnson » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:55 am

v00d00ppl wrote:It seems like a live competitor doesn't it?

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/sp ... ntent=2431
Naw, it's just another windows 3.1 button grid triggering wav files. ;)