Live 9 retina support?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
username652719

Re: Live 9 retina support?

Post by username652719 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:23 pm

login wrote:
verstaerker wrote:i Hope retina-support will come for the final version ... can't understand why they wouldn't support as the graphics already vectorbased

Apple sucks anyway, better bring touch support for WIN 8. You know something actually usefull.
It's very important that we have people who can't see the forest for the trees. That you can't see that high-resolution displays are going to be standardized in the very near future makes you in the very wrong majority.

And to think you've based your reasoning on a dislike for Apple and their tagnames... that just compounds your inability to see technological progress.

Why limit yourself?

login

Post by login » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:06 pm

username652719 wrote:
login wrote:
verstaerker wrote:i Hope retina-support will come for the final version ... can't understand why they wouldn't support as the graphics already vectorbased

Apple sucks anyway, better bring touch support for WIN 8. You know something actually usefull.
It's very important that we have people who can't see the forest for the trees. That you can't see that high-resolution displays are going to be standardized in the very near future makes you in the very wrong majority.

And to think you've based your reasoning on a dislike for Apple and their tagnames... that just compounds your inability to see technological progress.

Why limit yourself?

I have a monitor with that resolution, I can't see the benefit of it while using a DAW. And then, what mac computers have touchscreens? only iPads and Iphones? are you sad cause apple doesnt deliver that functionality yet?

I use my monitor for videogames with a High end video card, something you mac users dont even know what it is.

but well if you like to be tied to a platform that is like one year behind in hardware, be my guest :P

verstaerker

Post by verstaerker » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:31 pm

i was very dissapointed seeing L9 final release had no retina support. Dear Ableton crew: Will that come soonish?

Aldanor

Post by Aldanor » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:49 am

There's an interface zoom slider in Live 9 preferences so you can bump it up to 200% without losing in quality; doesn't that help with Retina display?

d.reamonn

Post by d.reamonn » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:51 am

Aldanor wrote:There's an interface zoom slider in Live 9 preferences so you can bump it up to 200% without losing in quality; doesn't that help with Retina display?
Nope.
https://soundcloud.com/maybe-logic

"I wanted to not like your [music], but it's actually pretty awesome. Banana hammock."
- eddiex

Stevejaz

Post by Stevejaz » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:53 am

I'll bet Retina support arrives before Push, the only reason I'd upgrade suite 8-9. At least my custom build Retina (16gig Ram) arrived within 2 weeks of ordering it.

ino-01

Post by ino-01 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:41 pm

The workflow-king of all DAWs does not support high-resolution-displays.
Why, Ableton? :?: :?: :?:

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:15 pm

login wrote:I have a monitor with that resolution, I can't see the benefit of it while using a DAW. And then, what mac computers have touchscreens? only iPads and Iphones? are you sad cause apple doesnt deliver that functionality yet?
Osx/iOS supports 11 touch points which is active on their trackpads and touchscreen devices.
Although Apple doesn't sell touchscreen laptops, you can get a laptop modded with a touchscreen by a company founded by Woz. And there are overlays for laptops, imacs and 3rd party screens

But all current technology still has to bow down to the Jazzmutant Lemur. Still unbeatable after 8 years. Musicians funded touch technology advancements, the iPhone made it popular and the printing industry will take it to the next level.
The bandwagon started moving a long time ago.

caseym

Post by caseym » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:07 pm

Came here to complain about this as well. Just fired up Live 9 on my new Macbook Pro with retina and it looks like crap! I hope Ableton fixes it soon.

login

Post by login » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:32 pm

hoffman2k wrote: Osx/iOS supports 11 touch points which is active on their trackpads and touchscreen devices.
Although Apple doesn't sell touchscreen laptops, you can get a laptop modded with a touchscreen by a company founded by Woz. And there are overlays for laptops, imacs and 3rd party screens
Still OSX is not designed for touch as win8.

su-Y

Post by su-Y » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:26 pm

its not a win vs mac topic, its retina display topic.
if you want histeria read this
http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/31/sams ... e-display/
and relax.

Yeah, the retina compatibility is lacking, and zooming in is lossy on all the platforms both win and mac, seems that only some part of the interface is vector based, all the type becomes blurry.

DanikaXoXo

Post by DanikaXoXo » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:46 am

Retina display is just one more priority in Ableton's backlog. They are absolutely right to ignore it and keep the focus on enhancements that improve Live's music-making capabilities. If other computer manufacturers move to higher sceen resolutions, then I'm sure Ableton will address the issue. For the foreseeable future not enough customers care about high res to make it an issue worth pursuing.

RhinoInRio

Post by RhinoInRio » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:35 pm

+1
Who the hell needs retina for a DAW??? Make music.

drez

Post by drez » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:48 pm

RhinoInRio wrote:+1
Who the hell needs retina for a DAW??? Make music.
It's not about having higher resolution so you can more channels on the screen, it's so that the resolution of the images aren't blurry. For an example, take a 320x240 jpg of a picture and maximize it on your screen. It looks terrible! This is what Live looks like to people with a Retina screen and why it is important for them to have the support.

I have a retina MBP and an iPad 4. I currently have a 1920 x 1200 24" Monitor at work that I use. When I have to do any white paper reading, I download the pdf to my iPad and read it there instead of the monitor because the text is so much better on my eyes. Fonts are smooth, not harsh. Much better experience. If you don't have a retina screen, then you might not appreciate the advantages.

So yeah, I would really like retina support. Otherwise it looks like a 640x480 pic maximized on my screen. Would you enjoy Live if you had to work in it like that?
http://www.soundcloud.com/dreznicek
MacBook M1 Pro Max, 64Gig RAM, 4TB internal SSD, Live 11, Push1/2/3, Reason, VST O'Plenty

Post by 102455 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:03 pm

For the record, when I first started using DAW software, my screen was an Atari SM124.

Monochrome, 640x400 pixels. Sharp as a razor blade!