License does not match your Live Suite Installation

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
lll

License does not match your Live Suite Installation

Post by lll » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:16 am

After I paid the upgrade, still can't authorise it, it says
"License does not match your Live Suite Installation"
all the time I try to authorise.

Ableton needs to do something and it must be quick!!! :x

I expected it to be usable when i paid 200 dollars upgrade, not like this!!! :evil:

PulsePsycle

Re: License does not match your Live Suite Installation

Post by PulsePsycle » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:02 am

I have bought "Live 9 Suite (Upgrade)". The offline authorization offers "Live 9 Standard (Upgrade)" only. ???? I don't like to mess things up so what to do????

http://www.pulsepsycle.nl/TW/Authorize.JPG
i9-13900K, 64GB, Win11 x64, Suite 11 latest, Motu 828ES, LP32, Profire 2626 x 6, M8U XL x 4, Cubase Pro 12 latest, FL Studio 21 latest.

lll

Post by lll » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:46 am

PulsePsycle wrote:I have bought "Live 9 Suite (Upgrade)". The offline authorization offers "Live 9 Standard (Upgrade)" only. ???? I don't like to mess things up so what to do????

http://www.pulsepsycle.nl/TW/Authorize.JPG
I have the same. I bought the Suite upgrade, only that i found is standard only download.

PulsePsycle

Post by PulsePsycle » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:02 am

Well, cause I'm a few days off and didn't want to wait I took the risk and selected the 9 Standard option. I dropped the auz file on the authorization menu and it succeeded! So everything is fine here now. Suite 9 is authorized, now its time to make music.
i9-13900K, 64GB, Win11 x64, Suite 11 latest, Motu 828ES, LP32, Profire 2626 x 6, M8U XL x 4, Cubase Pro 12 latest, FL Studio 21 latest.

the bite

Post by the bite » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:00 am

lucky you i did the same and didn,t work.My account page looks different i don,t have max for live avaliable and i have suite 9.

CFM

Post by CFM » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:38 am

My account says the same:
Live 9 standard
But then under this says 17 add-ons authorised

To be honest I've not had time to check all the plug-ins, and I've not loaded any of the packs.
I have authorised mine, it stated it had timed out but when I started live the last successful authorisation was 5th March with the new software.

The program itself between standard and suite is the same it's the amount of instruments and packs you are allowed to use. I've tested operator and collision on mine and both are not available in standard. It maybe how Ableton are now displaying accounts?

lll

Post by lll » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:56 am

CFM wrote:My account says the same:
Live 9 standard
But then under this says 17 add-ons authorised

To be honest I've not had time to check all the plug-ins, and I've not loaded any of the packs.
I have authorised mine, it stated it had timed out but when I started live the last successful authorisation was 5th March with the new software.

The program itself between standard and suite is the same it's the amount of instruments and packs you are allowed to use. I've tested operator and collision on mine and both are not available in standard. It maybe how Ableton are now displaying accounts?

yes perhaps

right now i found out i could not edit max plugin. the program itself was unexpectedly quit everytime i tried to edit the max plugin.

I bought the Suite upgrade and able to use all instruments except now i cant save or export and can't open max to edit.

lll

Post by lll » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:54 pm

Its done :D

the problem came from the missing sampler code, so it mismatched the suite version. :D

tnbc

Post by tnbc » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:38 pm

Greetings! I'm struggling with same thing now

Just upgraded from live 8 standard to live 9 suite

Only option to download was live 9 standard. Did that but got the same error message as topic name except it was "..your Live Standard Installation"

Tried offline authorizing no luck

Now i've downloaded a trial and its fine for 30 days so at least i can start playing. Was hoping to be able to authorize from that, but don't see an option

sent a support request, now to wait.

If anyone can share their solution, would be super. Didn't quite understand what needed to be done to solve the sampler code mismatch issue.

Else i'll post mine once i figure it out

tnbc

Post by tnbc » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:48 am

ableton support got back to me in less than 24 hours with a new file to download.

installed perfect :)

_en

Post by _en » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:21 am

I received the following message when trying to authorize live 9 suite: "License does not match your Live Suite installation".

These are steps I hadn't taken before purchasing Live 9 Suite from a music store:
* installed Live 8.2.4 Lite which came with an audio interface I purchased
* registered my Live 8.2.4 Lite serial number at abelton.com
* installed Live Lite 8.4.1 which I had downloaded from abelton.com
* uninstalled Live 8.2.4 Lite
* (Didn't uninstall Live 8.4.1 Lite)
* (Didn't deregister the Live 8.2.4 Lite serial at abelton.com

These are the steps I took to authorize after my initial failed attempt:

1. open: C:\Users\b\AppData\Roaming\Ableton\Live 9.0\Preferences\Log.txt
2. observe: 364 ms. UserUnlock: Copied "C:\Users\b\AppData\Roaming\Ableton\Live 8.4.1\Unlock\Unlock.cfg" to "C:\Users\b\AppData\Roaming\Ableton\Live 9.0\Unlock\Unlock.cfg"
3. delete: C:\Users\b\AppData\Roaming\Ableton\Live 9.0\Unlock\Unlock.cfg
4. try authorization again: still got the message: License does not match your Live Suite installation
5. delete directory C:\Users\b\AppData\Roaming\Ableton\Live 8.2.4
6. delete directory C:\Users\b\AppData\Roaming\Ableton\Live 8.4.1
7. try authorization again: still got the message: License does not match your Live Suite installation
8. inspect the log again
9. observe: 368 ms. Licensing: File unlock.cfg does not exist.
10. uninstall live 9
11. delete all live directories on computer
12. install live 9 again
13. inspect the log again
14. observe:
413 ms. Licensing: [Variant=Suite, IsDemo=false, IsFullVersion=false, IsSuite=true, InstallationMedium=DVD]
415 ms. Licensing: Use server: https://services.ableton.com
418 ms. Licensing: File unlock.cfg does not exist.
15. run live 9
16. try authorization again: still got the message: License does not match your Live Suite installation
17. inspect the log again
18. observe:
26312 ms. Default App: Analyzing command-line arguments...
26312 ms. Default App: Command-line arguments:
URIs:
ableton://authorize/?license_id=XXXXXXX&session_id=4-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
26322 ms. Default App: Begin SavePrefs
26342 ms. Default App: End SavePrefs
29107 ms. Default App: Begin SavePrefs
29125 ms. Default App: End SavePrefs
29366 ms. Licensing: On xml/rpc (https) request 'https://services.ableton.com/licensing/0.1' [611 bytes]
31445 ms. Licensing: Total size to download: 293
31446 ms. Licensing: Licensing: Request 5 returned: 0
31446 ms. Licensing: Server response:
XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX,27,80,Standard

31447 ms. Message Box: License does not match your Live Suite installation

31450 ms. Message Box: License does not match your Live Suite installation
19. goto: https://www.ableton.com/en/account/add_license/
20. locate serial number on DVD pack
21. click the "REGISTER SERIAL" button
22. try the authorization again from live 9
23. progressed a little further to a dialog in the web browser with the title "Authorizing your copy of live" and a dialog from which to choose the license to authorize with default selection "Live 9 Suite"
24. click the "AUTHORIZE" button
25. try authorization again: still got the message: License does not match your Live Suite installation
26. did the following steps again
try the authorization again from live 9
progresses a little further to a dialog in the web browser with the title "Authorizing your copy of live" and a dialog from which to choose the license to authorize with default selection "Live 9 Suite"
click the "AUTHORIZE" button
27. worked!
got the message "You have successfully authorized. Thank you, and have fun!.

Conclusion: You must register your Live 9 Suite serial number at https://www.ableton.com/en/account/add_license/ *before* authorizing.

P.S. I am left wondering whether there may have been a popup dialog displayed in a web browser that timed out behind another window during each of the failed authorization attempts.

Question: Abelton: What is your billing address? :-) (I have drafted another guide for you at viewtopic.php?f=1&t=195280&p=1533026#p1533026 also)