Live 9. No elbow room!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
swett

Live 9. No elbow room!

Post by swett » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:31 am

I'm definitely not gonna have enough room for my old Live 8 library with the old EIC 1 samples AND Live 9 with all the packs to download, plus EIC 2! Can I delete the old library, and how do I get my old personal Racks and instruments presets that I've created over the years on to this new version.

If this has already been answered, please point me there…haven't found the right support yet!

Thanks,
B.

Winterpark

Re: Live 9. No elbow room!

Post by Winterpark » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:14 am

if this helps.... what i've done is:
1. uninstall all live 8 packs that are available as L9 versions.
2. collect all my original and favourite L8 racks etc.. and drop them into my L9 user library.
3. Go through the Repair User Library function, and collect files into the new user library.

The main issue i've found doing this is that racks that include old live 8 pack audio files have to be re-linked manually to the content from the new live 9 packs... (you select the new Packs folder and do a file search) BUT.... they don't auto link! it claims that multiple candidates are found, but there is only one listed, so i think that it is a bug.
web | fb | sc | twt | bc

irrelevance

Re: Live 9. No elbow room!

Post by irrelevance » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:01 am

Interesting solution am, thanks. I have installed the new libraries and have kept the old live 8 ones to leaving with 8gbs on my laptop. I have plenty left on the desktop. I was planning on just opening all Live 8 projects in version 9 and saving them. This should bring all presets and samples for these projects at least into the live 9 library view.