Ableton Live 8 and Pioneer RMX-1000

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
zianz17

Ableton Live 8 and Pioneer RMX-1000

Post by zianz17 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:16 pm

Hi. I have been trying to find an answer for this problem for several weeks now. Both Ableton and Pioneer's customer support has been stonewalling me. I can't find anything on the internet. The YouTube videos don't address my problem.

I am running OS X Mountain Lion.

I do believe it is possible that it is a firmware issue, because the Pioneer website will not allow me to download the latest firmware update - it is a .upd file that my Mac has no idea what to do with.

My RMX-1000 plugin for Ableton works just fine. But its very hard to use with a mouse, so I want to be able to use the hardware to control the plugin.

Except, the hardware is not communicating with the plugin. I have it on before I load Ableton, and when I drop the plugin into an audio track, it says the Link is on and it is connected, but when I turn knobs on the hardware, there is no response from the plugin. I have rescanned my plugin folders, and my MIDI preference ins/outs are set to RMX-1000. I only have track input set to on.

I am so sick of this atrocious level of customer service.

Can anybody help me out with this? I'm like dying to be able to use this thing in post-production.

Thanks!

nonnus

Re: Ableton Live 8 and Pioneer RMX-1000

Post by nonnus » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:59 pm

Ableton has nothing to do with this issue, and if Pioneer did not make it very clear to you that this was indeed a simple old firmware issue, well, they re just being Pioneer :(

you do indeed need to update your rmx firmware, only aftewards it will "link" to the plug in, to do this:
you need to put the .upd file in a sd card, put it in the rmx 1000 and update it from there (there is a button combination you need to press when you turn on rmx), this process is explained in the rmx 1000 web site in a video (http://www.youtube.com/embed/J1Ukrvonam ... ransparent)

may i suggest you take a look over the pioneer rmx support site to get further info?
for ex: http://pioneerdj.com/support/product.ph ... 1000&t=mov

zianz17

Post by zianz17 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:59 pm

FINALLY SOMEONE WHO CAN HELP ME!:)))))

Thanks nonnus, I really appreciate your info. I'm at school right now and don't have my RMX with me but I will for sure try that as soon as I get home, and I will let you know if it works!

Thanks!

zianz17

Post by zianz17 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:24 pm

I did what you said, and it worked perfectly; first try. Thanks so much!

nonnus

Post by nonnus » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:31 am

zianz17 wrote:I did what you said, and it worked perfectly; first try. Thanks so much!
happy to help ;)