Will these packs be for 64 bit at any point?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
SpeedKing

Will these packs be for 64 bit at any point?

Post by SpeedKing » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:35 am

https://www.ableton.com/en/packs/classic-synths/ - Classic Synths (32-bit only)
by Katsuhiro Chiba
https://www.ableton.com/en/packs/kasio-m4l/ - Kasio (32-bit only)
by Oli Larkin

Does anyone know if these will soon be available for the 64 bit version of Live and M4L?

yop44

Re: Will these packs be for 64 bit at any point?

Post by yop44 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:36 am

I second that.
Kasio is my favorite synth!

Please make it 64bits.
:)
My music : Soundcloud

oddstep

Post by oddstep » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:54 am

Do they have externals in? Have you tried them in suite 9? Its possible that they have't updated the synth blurb from before the recent 64 bitting of Max.

yop44

Post by yop44 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:39 am

oddstep wrote:Do they have externals in? Have you tried them in suite 9? Its possible that they have't updated the synth blurb from before the recent 64 bitting of Max.
Yes tested in Live 9 suite. :roll:

miekwave

Post by miekwave » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:47 am

SpeedKing wrote:https://www.ableton.com/en/packs/classic-synths/ - Classic Synths (32-bit only)
by Katsuhiro Chiba
by Oli Larkin

Does anyone know if these will soon be available for the 64 bit version of Live and M4L?
Have you tried opening two instances of live? 64Bit first, Then 32 Bit. (you have to enable mufti instances in preferences.

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:42 am

SpeedKing wrote:https://www.ableton.com/en/packs/classic-synths/ - Classic Synths (32-bit only)
by Katsuhiro Chiba
by Oli Larkin

At the moment, we can't say for sure. For now, they're 32-bit only.

Naim

Post by Naim » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:25 pm

Ableton_David wrote:At the moment, we can't say for sure. For now, they're 32-bit only.
Thanks for the info. Here's to hoping that they get converted eventually.

SpeedKing

Post by SpeedKing » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:36 pm

Naim wrote:
Ableton_David wrote:At the moment, we can't say for sure. For now, they're 32-bit only.
Thanks for the info. Here's to hoping that they get converted eventually.
Agreed. When I was beta testing, I freakin' loved the Kasio pack. I mean, I guess I could have the 64 bit and 32 bit Ableton versions installed, but that seems like a very clunky workaround.

Anyway, yes Ableton, I think that's one of your best packs, and would definitely love to see that converted to 64 bit. :)

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:37 pm

Opfour was the very first m4l device I tried on my Live 9 installation. Was pretty curious to try a max4live device out, especially an fm synth one! And... for some reason I crashed the moment I dragged it in. 3 times consecutively.

I'm wondering if anyone else had the same experience. After installing a LOT more packs, and a few days of turning my computer off and on, it might magically work again haha. I'm just afraid to.. !

Win8, Live9 32bit

yop44

Post by yop44 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:12 am

Bump, still need Kasio! :)

Blendton

Post by Blendton » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:44 pm

Thanks for making me feel lucky, Suite 8 32-bit with its 32-bit M4L 5.0.9, and just to the right, Suite 9 64-bit...

A bump for a x64 Kasio, not cool to sometimes just launch 8 for it.
Antoine, aka Blendton.

Ableton Live 9 Suite (64-bit) & Ableton Suite 8 + Max for Live (32-bit)
Toshiba Qosmio F750 + lenticular glasses-free 3D
i7 2670QM 2,20GHz - 2x4GB DDR3-1333 - 5400rpm HDD

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:40 pm

Blendton wrote:Thanks for making me feel lucky, Suite 8 32-bit with its 32-bit M4L 5.0.9, and just to the right, Suite 9 64-bit...

A bump for a x64 Kasio, not cool to sometimes just launch 8 for it.
Why not run Live 9 x32Bit ?

Blendton

Post by Blendton » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:00 am

Hmmm... I've never been able to be sketchy but I'll try.

I'm "less is more / less for more" thinking guy.

BUT, what I'm working on for months is like one track from Halo 4 Soundtrack, by Neil Davidge, a great "sound scientist" since whatever you like or dislike, he is and I hope we are still a lot, hoping that NO, we haven't invented "all sounds and musicals tools, types" etc.

So to be sketchy : an orchestral track, mixed with Xfer Records plugins : Nerve for drum sequencing, LFO Tool for effects (it should be renamed "WTF Tool this one it does a lot) and Cthulhu for arps when I'm lazy. I tried to be able to keep my working-precious-config reliable but >>> F***ING 4GB RAM LIMIT (in fact, 3192MB, and no way to do the "smart but stupid" guy who will immediatly break the 2GB per thread, I know what it meand, like 64 to 32 bridges for VSTs : it ca, work so well you would - why not - think about you're NOT thinking it's unreliable.

Sorry Sibanger, I may look like a geek or whatever, no I lost hours of work despite constant savings, if you know how it feels to have had "that thing", and then loose it and can't redo it,

>>> BTW even if I always make realiability as a priority, and have been fooled because, you know, constant vs. variables etc blahhhh :

A good answer could have just be this : "if you often have to the DAW and the system on their knees, and D'oh you lose your work or worse (published VSTs specifig tricks or hours on a Max for Live patch the joke being you I mean I, don't master all this coding stuff.

Cycling'74 is honest : Max 6.1.1 x64 doesn't have its brother's abilities for the moment and comparing changelogs between Max 6.1.1 x86 and x64 is mostly "bugfixes" focused.

Then, the reason that helped me for that choice is that Suite 9 has the full 4-packs from OIC, + Grand Piano ... Suite 8 has just EIC2. Since I'm allowed to have both, OK HDD space matters, but I'm as I'm finishing to write this pôst, satisfied for the "more for more", instead of using a shitty imported '8' Library into '9', I did that and I'm surprised, in fact.

In case of someone want to check him/herself that it works more than expected, the only thing is that when I work @ 9 then switch on 8, OK. The contrary doesn't work or there's a crash IMHO linked to the godd/evil/good/but evil indexer.

And my ending words will be that this indexer, after about 20h for downloading, installing, erase ALP to free space and DL the next ones, re-drag, waiting etc ... I knew Live 9 indexes. So my customs folders were created at first launch before any pack installation. Then, when all is in "PLACES", I just left the notebook indexing and waited the next evening. And believe me or not, anyone talking about browsing time loss is a liar or just can't be smart enough to understand that it's not a game and an indexer takes 100% HDD/SSD until the end. Waiting for the end without doing anyting seems therefore a great solution to a recurrent topic which shouldn't troll every places @ Ableton.com (forums, community answers, etc). And if some are affected by a real bug, like "indexer in an endless loop", then, I'm just can feel bad and be sorry for these musicians.

If you want, you could think about this idea I've had, strange 'cause I'm an asshole 6,9 days a week but about L8/S8 x86 + M4L x86 (forced to, 5.0.9 isn't x64) AND L9/S9 x64 for RAM eating stuff, dude, + the "leave that indexer and prepare your workplace into the DAW before running to the wall" ... It might be the only thing in this world I consider as "pretty sure" despite being the guy who has got that, and since the release NO TRACE of even ONE guy having done everything this way :(

Warm regards to all.
Antoine, aka Blendton.

Ableton Live 9 Suite (64-bit) & Ableton Suite 8 + Max for Live (32-bit)
Toshiba Qosmio F750 + lenticular glasses-free 3D
i7 2670QM 2,20GHz - 2x4GB DDR3-1333 - 5400rpm HDD

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:50 am

Ok Blendton,

so I think from what you are saying is you need the extra ram available to you using the 64Bit version of Live.

Fair enough. Oh, & geeks are cool.

SpeedKing

Post by SpeedKing » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:48 am

[Reposted from a post about this in the M4L forum]

Hey guys, just FYI, I got an email about a reply to a Live 9 beta thread I was following (didn't know the beta forum was still going actually) from Oli Larkin, and he said that he's updated everything to work with 64 bit for Kasio and that it should be officially out 'soon' now.

Not sure if soon means like a few days, or a couple weeks. But either way, great news! I loved these sounds!