"second" licence

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
nennmichwieduwillst

"second" licence

Post by nennmichwieduwillst » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:53 am

i want a "second licence" for my second computer.
can i use my orign serial or have i to contact the support?

my second computer has no internet.
Peace. Freedom. Truth!

pablorotter

Re: "second" licence

Post by pablorotter » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:06 am

nennmichwieduwillst wrote:i want a "second licence" for my second computer.
can i use my orign serial or have i to contact the support?

my second computer has no internet.
this information is literally on abletons first help page.

Ableton has very good registration system that will work for an offline computer. You just need to have the primary connected online.

Nobody on this board will answer this question.

Please people this is a board for serious questions, ableton has put a plethora of basic information of their help site.

For advanced issues this is the place to be, but if it gets over run with basic questions that could be found via google search, 5 minutes of your time on abletons site, I'm afraid users will abandon this invaluable resource.

In general if you don't do research on a basic question you are implying that your time is worth more than others and is very selfish. Take at least 5 minutes to research a question before posting here. And try the live manual under the help option.

Don't take this personal, I mean this as a general comment, and I'm sure you didn't mean any disrespect. But to expect the professional ableton community to take their time (many of the people who could help you on this board have professional skills worth $100s/hour on these topics) to answer a simple question when so little effort has been made on the part of the OP, the effect of the swarm of like questions by new users brought in by 9 could kill off a great forum like this.

Evengy

Post by Evengy » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:57 am

you only need a second licence if you work on both maschines parallel. for installing and using it separately there is no need for a second licence

nennmichwieduwillst

Post by nennmichwieduwillst » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:37 pm

@evengy: thx
@pablorotter: didtn f++k yesterday, hm;-)
Peace. Freedom. Truth!