PLEASE!! bring back ableton 8 features

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
pelsik

PLEASE!! bring back ableton 8 features

Post by pelsik » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:09 pm

first) please go back to keeping clip automation volume SEPARATE for the track master volume, i know this feature was added so you could automate the track fader to add automation into the clips. but i honestly preferred it the other way in abelton 8 where you had in-clip automation to change the volume ratio throughout the clip and a master track volume to change the overall volume. with live 9 if you automate the volume in each clip differently and have 7 clips in the track and decide you want to change the volume for the overall instrument, you have to go in EACH individual clip and adjust them individually and that SUCKS...can you people at ableton find a compromise.. like add a another volume parameter under "track volume" and have a "clip volume" which doesnt affect the master track fader..thats not too much to ask for. that was one of the best things about ableton

2nd) why does ableton 9 have dramatically less native instruments than live 8?, that kinda suck but im happy that 9 is backwards compatible with the 8 library. but i thought 1 one of positives of ableton 9 was the ability to find instruments easier, theyve made finding the live 8 instruments extremely difficult, you literally have to go through 6/7 folders and sub-folders to get to the instruments, the main search doesnt find them and searching in the live 8 folder itself just gives you the parent folder, you still have to go through the 6-7 folders to actually get to the instruments. ideally i would like if the 8 instruments could be put in into the main instrument library but atleast can their be someway to make them easier to find and use

and ive been asking for these for years but im hoping someone at ableton finally see this and does it, "group track controls" (for like volume and pan)for mixing and freezing return tracks

doghouse

Re: PLEASE!! bring back ableton 8 features

Post by doghouse » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:15 am

If you're serious about a feature request, contact Ableton directly.

ian_halsall

Post by ian_halsall » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:32 am

Live 9 has the same instruments as Live 8.

If you had suite 8 you will have suite 8 isntruments - analog, operator, sampler, corpus, collision etc..

If you add the live 8 library location you should have 2 versions of everything - most of which are the same!

ANyway - there are various upgrade paths and you should check what you get when you upgrade from 8 - I know I have exactly the same set.

mharris

Post by mharris » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:43 am

Live 9 still has the relative clip automation, but it has also introduced the absolute clip automation which is the default. If you right click in the clip automation envelope window you can switch between the two.

pelsik

Post by pelsik » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:13 pm

@ian_halsall analog, operator, sampler, corpus, collision are still there but the preset instruments made from those are gone, atleast half (and that's being generous) aren't their anymore..for example if you have the live 8 library go to the instrument rack click on synthetic voices their are about 20 instruments, do the same in live 9 their are 5
mharris wrote:Live 9 still has the relative clip automation, but it has also introduced the absolute clip automation which is the default. If you right click in the clip automation envelope window you can switch between the two.
i've clicked and right clicked everywhere,and checked every preference and setting, nothing about "relative clip automation" is coming up. can you give more detailed instructions please or a picture of where exactly im supposed to be right clicking

mharris

Post by mharris » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:39 pm

Right click in the window where you draw your clip automation. I dont have Live 9 installed so can't be any more specific. It was definitely in the beta.

Jabbon

Post by Jabbon » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:01 am

less available presets, more to buy from the library shop ...
sound spatialization content & technologies @ audit-orium.com

JBlongz

Post by JBlongz » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:44 pm

Automation: I recommend you use "Utility" audio effect to automate volume of your tracks to preserve the volume fader for manual control.

Library: Have you tried to import those presets from Live 8 library?
rMBP Quad 2.8GHz, 16GB, 1TB SSD | UAD Apollo 8
JBlongz YouTube

THA-REAPER

Post by THA-REAPER » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:17 am

mharris wrote:Live 9 still has the relative clip automation, but it has also introduced the absolute clip automation which is the default. If you right click in the clip automation envelope window you can switch between the two.
See the right clicking confused me I was also trying to right click on the window...All you gotta do is go where the pointer is in this snapshot I took.

Notice it says clip...there you go!

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:10 am

Go to Live 8 library, which you should still have access to. Find your old presets. Open them and save them. They should show up in your User Library now. Then move them from there into the folder configuration you wish. I have all my most used presets under Favourites now, one or two clicks away

DollyParton

Post by DollyParton » Wed May 15, 2013 1:23 am

Hello!

Thank you so much for the screen shot. The only issue is that I am not given the option of "clip" vs "mixer" when I right click there.

Is there something that I am missing?

Cheers!

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Wed May 15, 2013 6:25 am

Jabbon wrote:less available presets, more to buy from the library shop ...

I am getting the distinct impression that a lot of the Rage against Live 9 is simply a function of not reading the manual, and not establishing how the new features work.

JBlongz

Post by JBlongz » Wed May 15, 2013 10:46 am

The Finn wrote: I am getting the distinct impression that a lot of the Rage against Live 9 is simply a function of not reading the manual, and not establishing how the new features work.

THIS
rMBP Quad 2.8GHz, 16GB, 1TB SSD | UAD Apollo 8
JBlongz YouTube

waveski

Post by waveski » Wed May 15, 2013 3:33 pm

very good points!!

ezelkow1

Post by ezelkow1 » Wed May 15, 2013 7:00 pm

They did state at one point a live 8 legacy pack would be available, still eagerly awaiting. Im missing all those presets too since during the beta phase live 9 ate my live 8 library (basically had to remove all libraries and start over fresh). At that point there was no reason for me to reinstall live 8 and so now I have none of those presets anymore

So here's to hoping the legacy pack comes out soon