Sample Editer Isn't Loading

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Andreilg3

Sample Editer Isn't Loading

Post by Andreilg3 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:02 pm

Hey, I have 64 bit Ableton 9 and I set my default sample editor to "Program Files (x86)/Audacity.exe". However, the "Edit" button on samples is greyed out. Is this because I am using 32 bit Audacity? Thanks!

Andreilg3

Re: Sample Editer Isn't Loading

Post by Andreilg3 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:49 pm

Bump

Blendton

Post by Blendton » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:39 pm

TThe followinnf is an aid-aimed thing but won't be an answer simply because I just know Audacity thanks to a it of "heard about that, it's free right ?" but in fact never ised it, just worked some times with reporters of sound takers with strtly close budget or cost-induced pressure, so the following could be as useful as a 'sit and think a bit" style thing :

1/ Live/Suite 9 x64 only alloaws to link with the kind of "brand-new" 64-bit flavor of Max 6.1

2/ As without having checked if it's true the same could be right about 3rd party tools, like not being able to use 32-vit VSTs or import 32-bit opnly stuff inclluded inwhat you'd like to re-open and finish...
So the truth is that Abe 64 eats x64 VSTs only. Bridging is what you think about bridginfgand do what you want. My thoughts having always been "can't be pro-like stable and strong to think about it even if the topic is living wiyh as I can count at least two answers about that.

So I may allow to deduce the final part of what looks like a sylogism, or if it isn't reue I just saw you ask the question and answer it with deducing thinking...

If I was the guy who consider already knowing I might tell you YES and help you find some ashesive and toilet paper to fix that, but no.

Sadly I feel like two options : you are able to deducing so you're at least equiped with a human brain atleast "logic al enough".

Or if I write a new nocel about shitty invention then your Audacity well bears its name to be Abe 64 usable where all other things are in a "segregation plot" and useless, or if you use them, a 4th party bridge fix coded by a single guy for fun more than helping
securing workflow is mandatory.

I'm aware I may be seen as an asshole joking ay you but not at all.

Even if I say something like "did you EVER ONE head that "google is your friend ?" ;-)

Didn't google but I'm sure it could be a one shot websearch to find the deduction "write in gard" on a sure and professional Audacity linked source.

My advice is to ask, don't hesitate, but not before trying do learn something yourself not a tip or specuial info on your question but solving simple abd easy to brake "WTF???" problem you may encounter, quickly, without even make your brain compute a thing... I allow myself bthe Yoda style todat since long ago I've been "yoda kicked" in that way to force auto-solving ways are fiirst line,

It's important to find alone our wayys to help us ourselves before asking don't you agree ? ;)

I hope a quick and brief "solved style of you alone yourself the good one who never stop growing better" answer back ^^

Cheers
Antoine, aka Blendton.

Ableton Live 9 Suite (64-bit) & Ableton Suite 8 + Max for Live (32-bit)
Toshiba Qosmio F750 + lenticular glasses-free 3D
i7 2670QM 2,20GHz - 2x4GB DDR3-1333 - 5400rpm HDD

Andreilg3

Post by Andreilg3 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:50 pm

Did you write that through a google translate or something lol? I think I'll just try a 64 bit sample editor lol..
Last edited by Andreilg3 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Donnie

Post by Donnie » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:50 pm

It was working for me last time I checked. Are you sure your path to the fie is right? I ask because the one you posted looks funny.

Andreilg3

Post by Andreilg3 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:50 pm

Donnie wrote:It was working for me last time I checked. Are you sure your path to the fie is right? I ask because the one you posted looks funny.
What exactly is funny about it? That's the default path.

Donnie

Post by Donnie » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:37 pm

The way you posted you showed the .exe in the root of your program files folder, not inside a folder named Audacity ;)

vs

\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\Audacity.exe

However I realize you may have picked the correct path in Ableton and may just be posting it wrong, in which case ignore what im saying. If this isnt the problem you may want to try 'Run as Administrator' while reinstalling Audacity. Some programs act funny in certain circumstances if they are not installed using 'Run as Administrator'

Andreilg3

Post by Andreilg3 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:07 pm

Donnie wrote:The way you posted you showed the .exe in the root of your program files folder, not inside a folder named Audacity ;)

vs

However I realize you may have picked the correct path in Ableton and may just be posting it wrong, in which case ignore what im saying. If this isnt the problem you may want to try 'Run as Administrator' while reinstalling Audacity. Some programs act funny in certain circumstances if they are not installed using 'Run as Administrator'
Ah I see, yea I was writing from memory I guess. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\Audacity.exe" is what I have. From what I can tell the problem is because its 32 bit Audacity. I need to find a 64 bit sample editor to replace it I guess and the only decent one I can seem to find is WaveLab so I guess I have to see if I have enough money for that. Thanks for your help though

Blendton

Post by Blendton » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:03 am

Andreilg3 wrote:Did you right that through a google translate or something lol? I think I'll just try a 64 bit sample editor lol..
How dear you make a... You just are insulting me don't you "read " any more than a desperate and suffering enough to not check typo nor WTF.

Please fill the rest if you want. I quit.
Antoine, aka Blendton.

Ableton Live 9 Suite (64-bit) & Ableton Suite 8 + Max for Live (32-bit)
Toshiba Qosmio F750 + lenticular glasses-free 3D
i7 2670QM 2,20GHz - 2x4GB DDR3-1333 - 5400rpm HDD

Donnie

Post by Donnie » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:34 am

Andreilg3 wrote:
Donnie wrote:The way you posted you showed the .exe in the root of your program files folder, not inside a folder named Audacity ;)

vs

Ah I see, yea I was writing from memory I guess. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\Audacity.exe" is what I have. From what I can tell the problem is because its 32 bit Audacity. I need to find a 64 bit sample editor to replace it I guess and the only decent one I can seem to find is WaveLab so I guess I have to see if I have enough money for that. Thanks for your help though
That's not the problem, I am currently running Audacity and using the edit button with it in Live 64-bit.

Now here is something I JUST noticed tonight, Audacity will not open .aif files as far as I can tell. I never really use them but apparently my 'Samples' area was populated with them from some of my packs. The 'Edit' button is greyed out when using these files. What type of file formats have you tried to open so far?

Donnie

Post by Donnie » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:40 am

Okay, so after some more searching it appears that only the .aif files within Live packs have problems opening in Audacity. Normal .aif files will open fine, but there is some sort of additional property about the pack .aif files that make them impossible to open in the audio editor. It seems to effect other audio editors as well, perhaps some sort of Ableton proprietary format? Interesting!
Last edited by Donnie on Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Andreilg3

Post by Andreilg3 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:56 am

Blendton wrote:
Andreilg3 wrote:Did you right that through a google translate or something lol? I think I'll just try a 64 bit sample editor lol..
How dear you make a... You just are insulting me don't you "read " any more than a desperate and suffering enough to not check typo nor WTF.

Please fill the rest if you want. I quit.
Are you human? That's the most mind-numbing use of the English language I have ever seen.

@Donnie
Ah good catch. Now I don't have to buy WaveLab :D. That is indeed strange, but at least Audacity works.