Live 9 browser NIGHTMARE !!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Blendton

Re: Live 9 browser NIGHTMARE !!!

Post by Blendton » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:00 pm

Long story short + lazy typing "why people need to invent virtual troublesNot my case , but just day-one and day-lasr change

Once upon a time, there was a clever guy getting Suite 8 Boxed @ day ONE, he managed to be busy enough to even being still discovering when UPS ships the rest...

Here's day last, need to sum up in a 'before / now / after" fashion, mine, maybe the best.

Suite 8 d1 and Suite 8 at 9 launch are thev same but no. M4L came later, amp, cabinet, but why would I care doing that éneed to summarize" job I already did, with a little few other not taking account of Abe staff

>>> I already know that what I bought can be as impressive after summarize of before/now. after is to think about but it has become waste garbage warehouse enough here I think, so much <the_way_you_call-it>
Antoine, aka Blendton.

Ableton Live 9 Suite (64-bit) & Ableton Suite 8 + Max for Live (32-bit)
Toshiba Qosmio F750 + lenticular glasses-free 3D
i7 2670QM 2,20GHz - 2x4GB DDR3-1333 - 5400rpm HDD

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:01 pm

8O Wow, some of the stories here are shoking. Fingers crossed they will fix it.
Personally I have purchased 9, but im going to use 8 probably throughout 2013 finishing up a lot of projects. The time alone it takes to create and install a new 64bit system, I can not spare. I want a new PC for that too. Right now im obviously happy about that, seeing the problems some of you are experiencing.

geekbeats

Post by geekbeats » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:03 pm

H20nly wrote:
funken wrote:Bear in mind also that Ableton might change the way the Browser works over the next few months. My advice is to keep it as simple as possible.
agreed.

as mentioned, Ableton has stated (in this thread) that they are looking into it. besides the browser, i don't see too many substantial complaints regarding Live 9. there are a few cases of this or that but most of the complaints and/or confusion seem to revolve around the browser. i can see there being some changes in a 9.x rev in our near future...
I hope you are indeed seeing the future ;) I also agree, keep it as simple as possible.

djriot

Post by djriot » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:54 pm

The outrage I have in just finding a simple crash or sweep for a production has already been expressed by many on this thread,

but how are the people that dj with Ableton taking this,

I get tons of music and promos every week, and maybe 5 or 6 are keepers,
I dont want to have to do scanning for stuff I wont even keep around,
I mean gigging week in and week out, who would have time for that?
thank god I use Traktor

I do use live for podcast so I guess I could just use the browser in my OS

as a long time producer and engineer I already have system in place for my Soundlibrary
I really dont like this being forced on me,

the creativity and workflow that Live has always brought to the table has been brought to a halt by this Mickey Mouse thinking,

I have used live since 4 and now I guess I will just use 8.2 till this is fixed

Its my fault I should have known better than to blindly upgrade, I have just always trusted Ableton, now I know better

I just wanted my curves finally!!!

Its just a simple task!! let me navigate my own HD!!

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:23 pm

the circle of trust is broken!

su

Post by su » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:42 pm

H20nly wrote:
funken wrote:Bear in mind also that Ableton might change the way the Browser works over the next few months. My advice is to keep it as simple as possible.
agreed.

as mentioned, Ableton has stated (in this thread) that they are looking into it. besides the browser, i don't see too many substantial complaints regarding Live 9. there are a few cases of this or that but most of the complaints and/or confusion seem to revolve around the browser. i can see there being some changes in a 9.x rev in our near future...
I'm in the starting simple camp too. It looks like the browser is still a work in progress. It seems like a fair number of folks are having a hard time with migrating Live 8's library. Looks like a legacy pack is in the works:

https://www.ableton.com/en/articles/live-8-legacy-pack/

Blendton

Post by Blendton » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:47 pm

ze2be wrote:8O Wow, some of the stories here are shoking. Fingers crossed they will fix it.
Personally I have purchased 9, but im going to use 8 probably throughout 2013 finishing up a lot of projects. The time alone it takes to create and install a new 64bit system, I can not spare. I want a new PC for that too. Right now im obviously happy about that, seeing the problems some of you are experiencing.
How please ro read you dude :D...

I found someone both able-ton using AND able-to think by himself lol

With some insight here the workflow is indeed at his best since its "igntion" in 2001 when I entered in "less is more I want more with less time waste".

The thing being in The good old Suite 8 + M4l final release 8.4 but also in the old-shool always do the job with exceptions 32-BIT flavor. Just to the right is Suite 9 64-BIT flavor.

Yes, I know, what a lot of HDD space, knowing I didn't mention samples folders I eventually come to wonder why I didn't look at how mucjh I had it may have been a wise thing to do, less is more, here it's sio "more" that I never had and never will in a lifetime be able to use the half

Having Love/Suite both 8 and 9, one being x86 and the other x64, I choose 8-x86 and 9-x64 for the fact that doing 8-x64 and 9-x86 will make your Max features disabled on 8...

Welcome to my wonderland lol, but don't mind, I don't want to look like one of these "I know the truth" guys I read for entertaining-only purpose :P

Cheers ^)

[EDIT] yeah I don't like ... I HATE reading typo errors every 3 words, the cause is I two way to input text : on the notebook where I cannot acess keys or my keyboard wich is all black, no lavbels. Dawn, sorry if I seem as mad as I mght be... or not ... maybe it's worse than that ... or not ... wow I MUST try to think about a new keyboard next time I can, here I'm foirc e to up and down mu head every 3 to 5 keys when there indeed is a real key not the place for it with the contact working randomly lol I feel baed and apologize. Typo is a respect matter. Regards dudes :) !
Antoine, aka Blendton.

djriot

Post by djriot » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:10 pm

H20nly wrote:Image

the circle of trust is broken!

yeah, this situation feels like a poorly thought out Ben Stiller Movie :)

geekbeats

Post by geekbeats » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:55 am

I did a little more testing and it's a vicious circle.

In order to preview the sounds you have to add them, in order to add them to your library and you have to wait indefinitely. I'm giving up and waiting for some type of fix or work around.
Trying to assume positive intent with this type of coding is incredibly challenging for me.

Adding functionality is fantastic, removing basic browsing abilities that are at the core of every popular operating system seems counter-intuitive.

zeepster

Post by zeepster » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:29 am

geekbeats wrote:..removing basic browsing abilities that are at the core of every popular operating system seems counter-intuitive.
Yes this is how it feels. Counter productive.
Not that i want to nag but this takes too much drive out of using Live 9, cramping my fingers to hold CTRL, missing it once and -boom- all folders are closed. I'm back to 8 for now.
Since 7 i got used to working with the browser, fast access to anywhere on my computer and i could bookmark fav locations, playing all media files i encountered.

I'm sure this new system works a treat for many but i can't wait till abes change it back, optional.

prebentious

Post by prebentious » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:11 am

The new browser is a significant step back for me.

Blendton

Post by Blendton » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:16 am

I'll lpve to read so much more than a complaint I indeed fully resoect, but in fact, Google and spend hours searching a single renowned reviewer, really the guy who as I'm answering with a "not" nice weiting, I always do when question come from 1/ a post which last charcater is : '?' and 2/ if no question but a thing that scratches your brain and is well argumented... You just waste a space to say the most sketchy following : "I can'r stand new browser" ... no, joing.

You sait "9 browser said better is step-back said by you.

Search about renowned living DAW-knowledge based having reviewd Live/Suite 9 (lusicradar, RA Resident Adivisor, sound on sample etc).

Just one. Any "they've been paid for that" begin of an answer si,ce you would discard instantly : Abe is OK, but can't pay for it, just can't.

Or if above makes toy lazy or fearing being suddenly able to adress these guys and make them keave the topic with doubts, you lucky man and try to remember me, I really want to learn, nver know enough, also from 2001 with pro-tools / Cubase to this post what could be able to know about what you, knowledge living sketchy who can't tell, too complex, etc

Dude, sorry, in very few times trols invaded this place. Is I answer you it's because why the fuck I'm sure you(re skilled enough since I give time to you. And want to jnow your thought. But "The Walking Dead" charchaters, on the "dead side", did the forum become a place where we talk about specs, read kerj@ my home station look it's so full... the funny ones are those whô pre-order Push but pretend having a Maschine MK2 + the MK2 Mikro to extpand it + Livid Ohm + all DAWs etc ad they ask about x86/x64 compztibilty ad why browser lags ine 9,

>>> here, is you have to bother with those, it's that there's a mistake.

I thing since too long as my taste being member here need a proof of minimal knowledge : letter, products and what allowed to make it, and even a 3 tests based as "skill level "purposes in computer using choosing your main OS DAW and make music with that bunch of tools, which music, and finally the 3rd last "gold" test : musical theory here in frtance it' s "solfège". To know if you even know to read a simple drawed scale ...

Sorry, wadn't in any way the place to write that. What I think could be in fact called "elitist thinking" or worse "fascim". Here we DO, nd the more <itless is the cool thingto reach. Wanted to write this before giving up doing it or worse, do it as a poll, for me to be the community fuy who allows to forbid one or many just to say hell as we don't play in the same grpund, if ut was the case I would switch to "VTS I love GlaDOS and Portal in general" in one post someday, just to say why explaining indexer was waited by me, and not just me, if it's now the caze kick/ban necver come back if trying to cheat >>> EULA terminated.

Freaky thought indeed huh ? Not in hard yet but well stop.

Only thing : browse one, close the last, open next closing present, not easy to use, I think about a Library indexing / memory managing/adressing code optization or maybe the fact It'll rain today and tomorrow in fact I KNOW that thing obiously not rge century challence, so wait, enjoy, I hate Suite 8 sept 2011 when upgraded I love it and will until another Abe do don so VTW I wanted x86 + x64 then wioth already 8.4 x64 with x64 andatory M4L coosing which installer to woanload was easu, fir Suite 9.

Ne personal need to know what you dislike in browser, I want but I mean the question isn't asked anymore. If it may be a lmittle less than present with some tip I could have the,n explain please OK ?

Regards ;)
Antoine, aka Blendton.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:36 am

Say what…?

:lol:
Unsound Designer

Blendton

Post by Blendton » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:35 am

I'll tell you later but :

only a notebook. Stuff is in place. Then can't or yes can but won't bother for almost the same to reack laptop's keys.

I write with a logitech usb 100% no added feature or design specofoc at the only detail its the black model. I made it becoming ALL BLACK NO LABELS I can't see the mean of the key since as a Monome or pad-studd has a grid of ie 16x16 white pads on a square, the thing is of, and it's white keys on white back or me : all black.

Please, don't see me as freaky serial-Edward Scissors-Hands typestyle worse than that because not being Depp so less genious in as art ess fuck less money less fyck and less women playing... Not to say the word in f... I see typo as a respect mark, mandatory, and duty to be ALWAYS 100ù. If 99% I don't care if it's not more than one or two per week ... I do really am sorry dude, I can't stand this and lose time I'm answering for your post for ... a while ...

Soon, after changing the KB, as now moving the notebook is too much I prefered a delay as always long to do than interacting with it for a oment presently. Regards and back soon to edit that worse than shit fraky graphics lol
Antoine, aka Blendton.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:02 am

En français s'il vous plaît…?

:lol:
Unsound Designer