Live 9 browser NIGHTMARE !!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ezelkow1

Re: Live 9 browser NIGHTMARE !!!

Post by ezelkow1 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:08 pm

randycolby wrote:I have another issue with my sample library. Live 9 no longer supports showing shortcuts in the browser! WHAT??? This is how I painstakingly organized my samples to cross-reference what I am looking for without having to duplicate GB's of data. I want for instance to find the kick drums from a purchased sample library both in the purchased sample library folder, as well as my "KICKS" folder. This worked fine in Live 8. Now the browser will not find these shortcuts at all? Why not? There should be an option to toggle between the old and new browser styles.
yea i ran into this as well when I tried to add the geist content folder to my places. First just dropping the folder added it but live refused to scan it, just nothing would show up and it would not attempt to scan anything out of it.

I tried using a symlink to the dir from inside another samples dir that I already had in places, that didnt work either. What I ended up having to do was to create a symlink in windows, use the mklink command. Same sort of thing exists in osx as well, then it appears transparent to live and it will index it and treat it as a folder in that location

beatz01

Post by beatz01 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:29 pm

pencilrocket wrote:If user had wanted to use tags we would have just downloaded a software called iTunes and put samples there.
+1

TYLRbass

Post by TYLRbass » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:37 pm

randycolby wrote:I have another issue with my sample library. Live 9 no longer supports showing shortcuts in the browser! WHAT??? This is how I painstakingly organized my samples to cross-reference what I am looking for without having to duplicate GB's of data. I want for instance to find the kick drums from a purchased sample library both in the purchased sample library folder, as well as my "KICKS" folder. This worked fine in Live 8. Now the browser will not find these shortcuts at all? Why not? There should be an option to toggle between the old and new browser styles.
Exactly.. I remember bringing this up in the beta phase and they asked "what are you using alias/shortcuts for anyways"...

That seems to be their response, "why do you need this" and we have to plead our case and ultimately they still ignore the request..

"Your wish has been noted"

ohhh thanksss :roll:

It's not a wish it is a feature you took away from us. I'm not asking for new features, I'm asking for the old useful features BACK.

beatz01

Post by beatz01 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:44 pm

This is the strangest software upgrade/update i have seen in a software.Normally new versions have added functionalities, not features taken away.Features that noone had complained about anway, i might add.

Blendton

Post by Blendton » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:24 pm

OK. I don't care about and prefer being aware as early as I can >>> since day one that browser will be FINALLY allowing workflow improving with an indexer, which will create an index, yes, the lag complaints bklahhh, then a movie score or orchestral workstation being in most case 1RB++++ and larger instantly responding,

How... BTW, don't forget learning how things work, lol, after being tired from full Suite 9 install, for instance, just think about go to sleep, an index, just as me, andb many, dnon't understand why your request seems workflow enhancing, renaming in 9's browser is the saùme you will obtain renaming every folder files.

Let talk justhmmm a little million of files don't afraidb a big boy like you I may understand...

When tje index is complete, and as far as I know all netter than the best never name a full llibrary.

Try your stufff in files explorer, npt in 9's bnrowser, good luck, be strong (don't want to know if you're talking about someb samples, or some thousands, ...)

Indexerb indexes filess by their names, there's nothing you may call a shortcut in your question in fact...

BTW, I've taken the sarcasm style 'cause I can, if you feel bad, then, you're not fun dude. I agree, despite my "seems he's taunting me etc" the answer you got is pretty both sketchy and dry, almost as cold as a 1000-years old women's ...<please finish the line>

Can't help sorry bro, hoping at least inform or transmit any bit of "knowledge", in fact what I said isn't what I've read, it's kust like reflex answering things. In fact all is cool, rename, the name will be updated when you relaunch your DAW ^^
Antoine, aka Blendton.

Ableton Live 9 Suite (64-bit) & Ableton Suite 8 + Max for Live (32-bit)
Toshiba Qosmio F750 + lenticular glasses-free 3D
i7 2670QM 2,20GHz - 2x4GB DDR3-1333 - 5400rpm HDD

MIAR

Post by MIAR » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:34 pm

Hi guys,

Very interested in this topic. Hopefully not hijacking the thread but a tiny feature I'm still looking for, that could make a major difference to me & maybe many...

I try to focus in on particular sample file names very often. I have a very organised directory structure on my dedicated samples only hdd. However, its impractical to break out into 1 million subfolders so sample searching is very important for me.

Most of my samples have been tagged in various ways to tell me what key there in. Example file names might be: "guitar_C.wav" or "Bass D#.wav" or "Synthloop -Eb-.wav" or "Pianoriff B.wav" etc etc.

So obviously I want to limit search results to a particular criteria. Example search might be all files that contain the text " _C# " (including the actual blank spaces) and its hopeless. Windows 7's explorer cannot distinguish spacing and displays everything. Very exhausting. So 2 question if I may:

Can Ableton's browser search take actual (blank/white) spaces in account for its search criteria?.

And how do you just search a particular folder (including sub directories). In Ableton8 (right clicking) I saw a "search in folder" option but not on the 9 Demo.

Trust you guys understand my query and would much appreciate your advice. I'm a newbie to Ableton but long time Sonar user.

Cheers,
Steven

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:23 am

beatz01 wrote:This is the strangest software upgrade/update i have seen in a software.Normally new versions have added functionalities, not features taken away.Features that noone had complained about anway, i might add.
you mean the browser?

:lol:

....that 2007 join date on my profile... i started seeing them sometime around then...

if you mean some other feature...
:| never mind. sry.

beatz01

Post by beatz01 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:54 am

Blendton i don't care for your black keyboard or whatever your specific problem is; go and learn some fukken english !

Reading your posts make my head explode.

Blendton

Post by Blendton » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:25 am

beatz01 wrote:Blendton i don't care for your black keyboard or whatever your specific problem is; go and learn some fukken english !

Reading your posts make my head explode.

Yeah, lol, you might be my 2013 "Quote of the year category" not only the first nominated, but indeed you can already be awarded the especific, unique and randomly created by the French part of me.

No, it's real I swear, you won a special prize, the thing being to just have you, to posr here, that me, fucking french + english bloody blended bastard...

Weowwwwww Antoine is deeply sorry for being almost surely more bilingual and even english speaking better than most of the upper range of you

I must warn thou shall not trigger The Holy Saint Shakespierian Grenade of mine dude,

Seriousy, isn't it obvious I not only was bad at keys, but that I didn'tyes have read anuthing of that crap^too ! It was a specific accident, me being in a paroxistic WTF?! state, even with new keys I would have done that, don't read at what's obviously "not knowing what he writes, is tring, or whaterver ...

I'd like to thank you again for your consideration and understanding (---> just in case : stop lying in 3 - 2 -- ---1 ---> hoping you NEVER WILL state I need an english upgrade, i, any case spelling/talking/writing/reading/---- not fucking because I fuck the french way it's sometimes more than cuckoo.

Anyway I laugh so thanks, it was so entertaining , dude !!! You the man I was really stuck-loop-OMG self-destruct sequence PANIC MODE !!!

Enough ? You hot it ? I was REALLY BAD, so as to post without purpose nor ... OK alright. Please, I do sign as Antoine from France, you may have hot iy ? I'm realy bilingual, I mean really more than average in both to add jerk mode.+

It's OK I've made excuses, you believe me right now ? Let's go back to serious mode if you don't mind ? ...
Antoine, aka Blendton.

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:59 am

You are doing great job to distract us from Browser issue dude.

Blendton

Post by Blendton » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:23 am

pencilrocket wrote:You are doing great job to distract us from Browser issue dude.
Which issue ? I just can't trick the "develop folders one at a time" thing, being used to until solved, can't see anyting not better and already wrote some "novels" arouind here never being.. how should I say that... being just jerking off because I want this to be that and that .... finiss the line please ;).

I'm pretty serious dude... I wanted this indexer... I even made the install in already prepared fashion : launching after main program installed, authorized, then I made the drag & drop of EVERYTHI?NG at once, leave the place and when it finally was finished I cloed and reboot, then opened Suite 9 and let it staticall night + day long.

Since, I've all my stuff, no change in the guideline, no indexing redo or whatever, I'm prettu jappy those ~800GB being instant access thanks to that xxGB .db file so why should I care ? It wasn'y solved ? Sorry I was troling then... OMG, suicide pill, quick !
Antoine, aka Blendton.

Blendton

Post by Blendton » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:30 am

AND yes the keys without label + seriously, truly rare moments I don't check all the post before submit because even ONE "typ0" as I call them disturbes me too, I bet this one will have at least one typ0, submitting and will as always be a looser ... GO
Antoine, aka Blendton.

Blendton

Post by Blendton » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:38 am

Pleasetell me why why my way for installing everything, the knowledge that indexer intro equals install + same time running static to make it one and for all, then enjoy,

Please, explain what this browser has I should do to become angry since if I assume the "one by one" fucking weirdo the rest is... What to sazy ? Diofferent at debuts, then the same, I thing now more efficient, ... I never ask for help bro. NEVER.

When I'm not doing 5 days no sleep kind of bizarre posts, my purpose is more listening to and figure the shit out of the workflow...

Cheers.
Antoine, aka Blendton.

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:51 am

Blendton, why dont you go try get some sleep and come back later? We seriously can not understand your writing at this point, and so unfortunately all you are achieving with this is literally clouding the thread. :)

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:53 am

Hey Blendton,

Do you like Volvo cars or are you just pure EvilEvilEvil ?

:lol: