PBR??

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
bartend7

PBR??

Post by bartend7 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:21 pm

Why do so many like PBR? come on whats the deal? I don't have a beard or vintage clothing. Are those necessary for enjoyment? that beer just six

rakim87

Re: PBR??

Post by rakim87 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:19 pm

bartend7 wrote:Why do so many like PBR? come on whats the deal? I don't have a beard or vintage clothing. Are those necessary for enjoyment? that beer just six
i once drank a pbr without a beard or vintage clothing, so it is possible, i don't know why it's popular though.

beer is crap in general though. i don't see why people waste their time drinking it.
ImageImage

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:39 pm

Ingenious anti-marketing strategies

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/06/22/magaz ... all&src=pm
So Stewart went to Portland, visiting bars like the Lutz Tavern near Reed College and the Ash Street Saloon, a bike-messenger hangout downtown. He learned that the kind of people who had ''embraced the brand'' were also the kind of people who detest marketing. But this was not necessarily bad news. He would walk in -- wearing street clothes, never a Pabst logo -- tell the bartender who he was and ''really just sit there,'' he said. ''The word would leak out -- 'Hey, the Pabst guy is here.''' He carried a bag of P.B.R. keychains and T-shirts. Stewart had once been a cog in the gigantic Anheuser-Busch marketing machine in St. Louis and had firsthand experience with barging up to drinkers and foisting trinkets on them. For the Pabst Guy in Portland, that wasn't necessary. ''I was mobbed,'' he says.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:41 pm

I will never understand the PBR thing either. I live in the heart of the best craft beer making place in the world, and you still see people drinking PBR at some of the fanciest places. So weird.

So much good beer out there, drinking PBR is just wasting time. :)

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:48 pm

From the article
...In these circumstances, the thinking goes, P.B.R. needs to stay neutral, ''always look and act the underdog'' and not worry about those who look down on the beer, presumably because they're snobs whose negative opinion only boosts its street cred. The Plan B analysis even says that P.B.R.'s embrace by punks, skaters and bike messengers make it a political, ''social protest'' brand. These ''lifestyle as dissent'' or ''consumption as protest'' constituencies are about freedom and rejecting middle-class mores, and ''P.B.R. is seen as a symbol and fellow dissenter.'' Eventually all of this sounds like satire, but the punch line is that it isn't really that far off from P.B.R.'s strategy.

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:05 pm

I can appreciate the irony of being loyal to a low quality brand name of a product you don’t really enjoy in general. I also find trying to pick out wine at a store intimidating and annoying.

doc holiday

Post by doc holiday » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:48 pm

yuk, only IPA for me, the more hops the better!

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:22 pm

don't kid yourself. it's because its cheap.

besides, we didn't always have all these cushy/expensive brews... many of which would have been considered shit a couple of hundred years ago (cloudy was tossed)... when i started drinking (as a teenager) all the beer tasted horrible (micro brew? whats that?)... when it comes to all these shitty pilsners (aka "domestics"), by about half way through the second one it starts mattering less and less with each sip.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:20 am

Sigh.....

:|

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:32 am

like h20 said people obviously drink it because its cheap and after drinking it a while it doesnt matter but... the next day after drinking cheap beer you will probably end up with explosive diarrhea and a massive headache.
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

Goddard

Post by Goddard » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:57 am

How old are you kids? 12?
Who drinks beer if you can effort what hairy males enjoy most?!!!
1,5 bottle of J&B daily is my usual score.
And I mean like everyday...
Beer is for pussies and wine is for faggots...
Of course there are some minor disadvantages of this addiction, but who cares?!!!
Life sucks anyway!
Skål!
"Machines are the weapon employed by the capitalists to quell the revolt of specialized labor" Karl Marx

infernal.machine

Post by infernal.machine » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:00 am

I prefer heroin.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:01 am

Goddard wrote:How old are you kids? 12?
Goddard wrote: wine is for faggots...

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:37 am

nathannn wrote:people obviously drink it because its cheap and after drinking it a while it doesnt matter but... the next day after drinking cheap beer you will probably end up with explosive diarrhea and a massive headache.
this.

i drank about 13 cans of Budweiser while playing darts on Saturday. felt like i had an axe in my head all morning Sunday. it felt like i had the axe removed from my head for the first part of the afternoon... by evening i was finally whole again.

personally, these days i'm a big IPA fan... but they're not for slamming.

there is a brewery in Colorado Springs called The Bristol Brewery - i love their beer the most. they have the best wheat beer. ever.

when i want to lay low... and not get too faded... i.e. out all night scenario... when i can, i drink a decent pilsner like Stella or Peroni (if available).

if i had my druthers... any place that has a tap would have Stone porter. period.

having said all that... for some reason i can drink the shit outta Coors Light with little or no regret.

rakim87

Post by rakim87 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:07 am

Goddard wrote:How old are you kids? 12?
Who drinks beer if you can effort what hairy males enjoy most?!!!
1,5 bottle of J&B daily is my usual score.
And I mean like everyday...
Beer is for pussies and wine is for faggots...
Of course there are some minor disadvantages of this addiction, but who cares?!!!
Life sucks anyway!
Skål!
the hairy tough guy males i know enjoy dick more than w/e you're drinking
ImageImage