Live 9 browser NIGHTMARE !!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ze2be

Re: Live 9 browser NIGHTMARE !!!

Post by ze2be » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:18 am

Hahah! I certainly hope it is EvilEvil! I was about to call the mental hospital ;)

Nokatus

Post by Nokatus » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:25 am

Always look on the bright side of Live 9 browser silliness: the sheer lyricism it brings forth.
Blendton wrote:not fucking because I fuck the french way it's sometimes more than cuckoo.

Hervé

Post by Hervé » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:42 am

Just updated... so if i take a preset from the 8 Library and save it, it goes to my user library and it collect samples ? so in a few months i'll have all in double ?
then i could delete the 8 library ? is it the right way ?

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:07 am

I think Blendton may not be a first language english speaker. I don't quite understand what he is saying but I am kind of enjoying his posts.

Blendton

Post by Blendton » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:50 am

It seems I should thank some of you for having figured out what I was more or less tring to do :

"For entertainment purpose" if can't do more.

I do what I can with the best I can handle at the time, how someone writes isn't just a short story about his school or gratuating related skills...

I don't want to return to my previous posts since if any of "even a troll" and there wasn't even once as I saw by far : maybe your browser issues can be simply "distracted" bu some silly but not saying wrong facts to...

I ejoyed those answers, even the cockoo ones, or mental hospital thing, that was kind of a point between several I try to be understood when problems don't solve, Sometimes you off the hook, sometimes you see a loop in a thread being without point or in our case being Ableton's point. As from now you just can't do anything but to wait a little for Ableton taking account of all your real and re-created situations, don't you agree ?

And I enjoy mosy above all intelligent and cleever people, in artistic production, who are able to understand what a weirdo tries to say being +/- as understandable as some David Lynch's movies, sometimes I can't solve problemes but have to wait them being solved, and maybe I'm just doing the "I'm not here to bother or judge" / when things go bad or mad, I want to take a sit a take insight.

In any case if I was to be more than misunderstood, triggering some what I tried to UNDO as I found it hot enough, I'll go instantly.

BTW it's always nice having faith in our mates, I see you're not trolls at all and well no detail on each post but thank you. I liked it.

To be more in the thread back again : brosing in 9 being as I see it a "NEW product" replacing the old one, some may have read me somewhere saying and closing the post because nothing to add : I kept all of the Suite 8 besides I upgraded to everything Suite 9 offers. The 8 one for 32-bit available if needed + old browser + if 8.4 64-bit installed M4L induced problems >>> The 9 one being logicallly in the 64-bit flavoring. (assuming HDD weight, yes, it's heavy, as today it's running, not everyone can do that, some can do but do not, we're all different in our processes steps to reach the same goal since we seem to be in a music and audio production thred ...)

---> Do I seem to be as silly or evil as I may seem to be then ?

Regards dudes :D
Antoine, aka Blendton.

Ableton Live 9 Suite (64-bit) & Ableton Suite 8 + Max for Live (32-bit)
Toshiba Qosmio F750 + lenticular glasses-free 3D
i7 2670QM 2,20GHz - 2x4GB DDR3-1333 - 5400rpm HDD

Blendton

Post by Blendton » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:57 am

funken wrote:There's plenty who speak English as a first language who I can't understand.
Sample name : +1 / Loop Mode : ON

Waited for the one who finally would punch the line and how brillant could you be able to be, funken.
Antoine, aka Blendton.

beatz01

Post by beatz01 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:26 pm

Blendton, please go away.I don't find your posts to be entertaining, all they do is destract from the actual topic and they're diminishing the chance of the Abes reading through the whole thread thus diminishing the probability of this issue (browser) getting solved.
Please seek some professional help, but go away.Seriously.

Blendton

Post by Blendton » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:44 pm

beatz01 wrote:Blendton, please go away.I don't find your posts to be entertaining, all they do is destract from the actual topic and they're diminishing the chance of the Abes reading through the whole thread thus diminishing the probability of this issue (browser) getting solved.
Please seek some professional help, but go away.Seriously.
You hit a nurse practitioner in mental institute and at needs emergency consultations you evilog
DON'T be such a possibly because the one you'll hit is anknown and could suffer from what you say. And can't leave without having warned you that not only the one you could trigger WON'T NEVER be the victim here, he'll stay until you become ill too in fact. If not already.

I was disturbing ? My poor little Eric Cartman don't worry about browsers or music whern you respond to "weird but no purpose or may be there is one but surely nothing evil" ... ecvil, the thing said yesterday as a joke, not seen until you evil trierd to bite what is by chance the right one. Keep doing that for when you see other posts of mine in other threads, because I allow you to at fiorst, esince I know it' s not at all a risk of doing harm to who may be a kind of similar case of suffering inmates I care every day at work, pain is my job and nemesis, if you hit a ill person with such poison you tried to spit to my face, believe me, the ill one won't leave the thread. He will be hit, suffer, and answer back until nerve crysis.

And here, I'm not joking. I fight pain it('s the job. Mental pain is mainly triggered. Your post was such a trigger, I know what I say and am not AT ALL seeing you as the nice guy here.

Wanna hurt, wait for another accidental meeting in another thread OK ? I hunt triggers all day to prevent crysis in what you seem to think is disturbing (the medical aid side of the force, the OMG if I don't interfere it's ...

WTF. You heard me. Don't do that again OK ? If it's me, don't mind,I bless you for trying to hit if I'm sure it's just me and not a personality trouble of yours. In that case stom ruinintg the job and stop taking risks to hurt people, they suffer anough to make us on kneeds sometimes

I thinnk having be perfectly clear. Don't ever redo that really evil ionly to hurt "trigger" post, if you hit a ill one then

1/ you trigger pain
2/ YOU TRIGGER PAIN
3/ read again oth previous

since 4/ you just attacked and adked what you'll never have ---> the ill one won't be able to go away since as a victim he won't do what he cinsiders as victims behavior : obey to the bull one.

With hope you realize that here, we are lucky and also that in our case, your fucking browsrt, in the situation I'm not the managing one but the suffering more because of what the fuck you tried to do with these words, pure evil, you didn't know me, if Abe's Staff reads you, and then me as I'm leav ing the thread, who do you think they are thinking about ? The browser or you being seriously possibly dangerous if thisd kind of direct attacks aren't the first and last one...

Think better, never truy to hurt, I prefer doing my job than ---- plz someone close the line he's too much, this one. I have to hunt such triggering all day long + emergency more hours and this one comes and says what could have provoke wednesday's fighting in the smokers yard after lunch, and m men tions the staff .. Go think your "some name I didn't see" bully and take more care about others reponds to your obvious needs to provoke some no other than negative toughts, you should be ashamed or the contrzry bering satisfied but assuming the evil guy who might be the boring pussy is you dude, if you as you say are checked and me too by Abe's staff...

Leaveing. Regards depite though I worry about you do that again to another and not the best one to since me I must the evil thing before well... go see what a crisys is, you'll undertand what triggering means bro. And that yess indeed it was fun before you because the one before you were joking about mental illness but werent agressive, you, evil kind of MY SLEEP TIME BUT HARD WEEK NO SO NO SLEEP TIME wasting dude, . Think more, then write. Never like that. I know what I do. You're not.

BYE SEE YA NEVER HERE AGAIN
Antoine, aka Blendton.

Blendton

Post by Blendton » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:42 pm

OMG I forgot : before the guy tried to hurt bu luck some shielded other guy, about that browser topic, I have to say AGAIN that if you got one whose posts say all works well here, no lag, not betewwen the two posts this one included,

Well if it's just a problem the point is to solve it and since I care of I can't promise I won't answer back here since if I had a problem with that browser, I qurely ask the not affected guy to try -re-doing the case whick blocks your workflow, he might help you,

I'm sorry being obcessed by helping pthers and I must re-check the "notify" case though I won't interfere as this conclusion to a little "accident" without harm is being made (:D).

I'll only wait for need to re-create something for solving problems purposes.

My well indexed perfect browser isn't apainfuly work of mine indeeed and I'm waiting for suggestions about breaking it to re-create a bug you have and I've not or have had since the first day but not mentioned.

But as I must also be reliable I said I leave, so only if I'm asked to or do have an important information as I'm therefore read-only but answering if asked to. Wonering why it has not already be done in fact, the "all clear" guy is the one I would ask if I encounter some WTF? thing and that bastard is browsing mostly orchestrals doing with Xfer stuff in the signature...

All the best, enjoy the few hours before your week if you work, and in case of no questionwe'll eventually meet in another thread, who knows.

And if another guy is bothering you, or is agressive only and try to loojk like the pro guy the one who bet on the staff's way of envision what "community" means and what is right or wrong, send him to me, ^^

I'm OUT of there / stay tuned / you won't see me / answers for requests of recreating a bug, can record my screen as needed to show why as I leave I'm just doing stress browsing Live 9 to find a critical "enough to talk about" freeze like bug,

OK ? Bye.
Antoine, aka Blendton.

Goddard

Post by Goddard » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:53 pm

In Live 9 library ("Core Library"?) all instruments and effects have doubled presets! One preset of two doesn't exist, but name of the preset is still in the browser (after clicking the message appear "The file doesn't exist. Please rescan your library."). How in hell can I rescan the library?!!! I right click the browser and get the "No Commands Available" message all the time! It's annoying as hell!!! There's nothing about this issue in the manual so RTFM rule doesn't apply here!
All that browser bull causes that I don't even notice any of advantages that update was supposed to introduce...
Abes should have release 9.0.2 with that funken browser bugs fixed like week ago...
We are on the 10th page of this thread and Abes don't care...
WTF?!
"Machines are the weapon employed by the capitalists to quell the revolt of specialized labor" Karl Marx

Blendton

Post by Blendton » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:20 am

I used to see the .db file you want to deleyte to tyhe rescan being done by the program itself.

I can't tell it for sure, since if could be on MacOS not Windows, but as far as I travaled back and forth from here to community answers side of helping you that's what I always say to do for Live being, after deleting the index file, personaly I would even delete the folder itself not just the file, to be sure next launch will be aware of "OMG, NO INDEX ! WTF?? MUST RESCAN" ...

But on ableton.com, the fact is, I see the que'stion, I answer what's above as I can, then I guess "solved" since nobody say thank you in this special "community answers" stuff. The two ones having your bug or "double / missing double etc" occurrences ---> I can't tell you that after that you'll be loving 9's browser.

I just can say for sure killng that .db file or even folder will rescan. Yes, he's stupid. So no index, he'll redo it ;)
Antoine, aka Blendton.

TYLRbass

Post by TYLRbass » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:08 pm

Goddard wrote:In Live 9 library ("Core Library"?) all instruments and effects have doubled presets! One preset of two doesn't exist, but name of the preset is still in the browser (after clicking the message appear "The file doesn't exist. Please rescan your library."). How in hell can I rescan the library?!!! I right click the browser and get the "No Commands Available" message all the time! It's annoying as hell!!! There's nothing about this issue in the manual so RTFM rule doesn't apply here!
All that browser bull causes that I don't even notice any of advantages that update was supposed to introduce...
Abes should have release 9.0.2 with that funken browser bugs fixed like week ago...
We are on the 10th page of this thread and Abes don't care...
WTF?!
Rescan from the preferences I believe.. that whole doubling of presets was brought up in the beta phase, but we all know that means nothing other than that they are aware of the bug but who knows when it will be fixed..

tommeehowat

Post by tommeehowat » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:40 pm

Hi don't know if this helps but first time installing live 9 it scans all external folder for samples when you add it as a 'Place' folder.
Try making that folder very small, let it scan, close Live, then add all your samples to that location. Start Live, folders should now show up under that Place folder/drive, with content and without scanning every file as was the case before in Live 8.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:02 pm

tommeehowat wrote:Hi don't know if this helps but first time installing live 9 it scans all external folder for samples when you add it as a 'Place' folder.
Try making that folder very small, let it scan, close Live, then add all your samples to that location. Start Live, folders should now show up under that Place folder/drive, with content and without scanning every file as was the case before in Live 8.
IT HELPS !

thanx for that..

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:26 pm

tommeehowat wrote:Hi don't know if this helps but first time installing live 9 it scans all external folder for samples when you add it as a 'Place' folder.
that sounds pretty clever...
it could be hard to do this with an external drive, but :idea: you could temporarily use a dummy drive (USB stick for example) with the same name and/or folder naming convention where the mother load is stored.