Ableton Templates

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
RubyTunes

Ableton Templates

Post by RubyTunes » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:12 am

Hey guys,

Im pretty new into the world of production and am looking for a studio template to help me get started. Something that i can start off with to simply put my ideas down fast.
I was wondering if anybody has any suggestions on which one i should look into. I understand its all preference but when your new into production i dont really have an opinion
on these templates. some i have been looking into are the Ill.gates studio template and the ultimate template. Both look great but im leaning to Ill.gates or any others that might be out there.

if anyone has any suggestions that would be awesome.

schullermusik

Re: Ableton Templates

Post by schullermusik » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:37 am

Make your own. I took about 15 minutes and made 2 effect racks - a "channel strip" with EQ 8 and a single band compressor, and a "mastering" rack with EQ 8, multiiband compressor and a limiter. I made a project with 16 MIDI tracks, 8 audio tracks, and 2 additional returns for a total of four. I put a "channel strip" rack in each track, turned off by default, and the "mastering" rack in the master channel. I went into Preferences in Live and saved it as my default project, so every time I launch Live, my environment is set up and ready to go. It saves me a ton of mouse clicks.

RubyTunes

Post by RubyTunes » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:43 am

schullermusik wrote:Make your own. I took about 15 minutes and made 2 effect racks - a "channel strip" with EQ 8 and a single band compressor, and a "mastering" rack with EQ 8, multiiband compressor and a limiter. I made a project with 16 MIDI tracks, 8 audio tracks, and 2 additional returns for a total of four. I put a "channel strip" rack in each track, turned off by default, and the "mastering" rack in the master channel. I went into Preferences in Live and saved it as my default project, so every time I launch Live, my environment is set up and ready to go. It saves me a ton of mouse clicks.

I do eventually want to do that for sure but i want to wait until i have more experience with the program and music production in general. I definitely believe in making my own too create my
own way of making music. But im more looking for somewhere to start. I do not have any proper knowledge of EQing and mastering at this point.
Im looking for a template thats set up with a library of sounds to start with that i can scroll through and put ideas down as im still learning ableton and producing.

Thanks alot for the input to

ryanla4

Post by ryanla4 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:28 pm

try abletunes.com. their templates are pretty good and they do offer a free template called glow stick box which you can pay for with a tweet or on facebook. Hope this helps

RubyTunes

Post by RubyTunes » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:26 am

ryanla4 wrote:try abletunes.com. their templates are pretty good and they do offer a free template called glow stick box which you can pay for with a tweet or on facebook. Hope this helps

Thank you!

brettonwoodsapocalypse

Post by brettonwoodsapocalypse » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:51 am

I think the idea is that creating your own template will actually help you to learn the program while using an already made on will not. You can start by making a very very simple tempalte for yourself : just adding an instrument for bass, lead synth for example. You'll grow from there instead of using something tohat somebody else has thought for himself.