Halion 4 individual outs (OSX)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
f32

Halion 4 individual outs (OSX)

Post by f32 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:58 pm

Hello Ableton Users,

i have just read in the Halion4 Manual that Ableton doesnt support multi out plugs.
At least thats what i understand from this sentence : "Ableton Live 8 does not support surround busses."
When i open the AU version of Halion4 in Live and set an Audio Track to have Halion as its input source,
there are only pre fx. post fx, post mixer and Halion 2 / Halion 3.
The manual says that the plugin has 32 Chanels tho.
When i route a Sound to output 2 or 3, its not audible on the audio track (monitoring set to IN)

My goal is to set up 16 Audiotracks in Live, that are fed by 1 Instance of Halion drum sounds.
I hope there is at least one other user with Live & Halion who might be able to help me.

lowpaz

Re: Halion 4 individual outs (OSX)

Post by lowpaz » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:32 am

same problem here.

lowpaz

Post by lowpaz » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:02 am

Ok I think I've got it, (me thinks)
its down to VST versions i.e.

Halion 4.5 is a VST3 version Plug, unfortunately there is no H.4.5 VST version 2.x available,
as yet Ableton currently does not support the VST3 format

thats it…….. ah well its down to ableton now, hopefully ableton 9 will bring along VST3 support
I'm sure it will.
found in the steinberg forum.
posted by Lenners.

msintros

Post by msintros » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:26 pm

Oh wow, I just had this problem last night and found this thread. I love it when someone has already found the answer to your question. I just wish the answer in this case was more pleasing.

That really decreases the usability of Halion within Ableton... Now I have to have a separate instance of Halion open if I want it to be isolated on its own output for external effects, etc.