live 9 is sucking balls so far.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Sibanger

Re: live 9 is sucking balls so far.

Post by Sibanger » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:48 am

Do you have to shave your balls first ?

Maybe I'm not doing it right...

octavious

Post by octavious » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:51 am

I wasn't really expecting such a humorous and copious response to my original vent.

Thank you all. We can all move on into serious stuff. And see if anyone alse is facing the same issues and if this is a problem with ableton or not.

Cheers.

cstump

Post by cstump » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:20 pm

OctavioPineda wrote:I use only synth1 and ableton live intro 9.0.1 for making music.

I use no cracked software. And i work with a 2011 mbp running 10.6.8.

Might just be a problem with intro.

I've sent the crash report. Hope they fix this soon as it's a pita.

Thanks to those who replied.
Sorry bout the jesting and I hope you get that figured out.

For weeks I've been trying to figure out how many 3rd party VSTi synths and plugins are allowed in intro. I know it's off topic but would bee nice to know that since you have that version.

Thankx in advance.
Quote:"There's a Bitwig thread born every second"

octavious

Post by octavious » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:38 pm

cstump wrote:
OctavioPineda wrote:I use only synth1 and ableton live intro 9.0.1 for making music.

For weeks I've been trying to figure out how many 3rd party VSTi synths and plugins are allowed in intro. I know it's off topic but would bee nice to know that since you have that version.

Thankx in advance.

Well, this seems to be the most versatile version of intro so far. (If i only could get the darn think to work properly!)

In previous versions you could use up to 8 internal instruments (drum rack, impulse and simpler only, but you can buy the others in the store i think.), 12 internal effects (vocoder and looper were missing among others, but i missed these the most), 4 vst instruments and 12 vst effects. With no chance to use group tracks nor racks. And you could use unlimited audio and midi tracks.

Now with intro 9 you have unlimited external and internal effects, however you're limited to 16 tracks (regardless if they're midi or audio tracks). You have racks and grup tracks enabled, and you have the looper now, but in exchange you loose eq8.

Since i've always used live as a composition tool and then move on to logic pro and my hardware synths for the production stage, Intro is more than enough for me. I recommend this way of working, as limitations tend to make you more creative.

Cheers mate. I hope i've answered your question.

[nis]

Post by [nis] » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:51 pm

Hi OctavioPineda,

I think the crash you are experiencing with the Intro version when right-clicking e.g. on the MIDI editor etc. should be fixed in 9.0.2. You can download 9.0.2 from your account page. http://www.ableton.com/account
Nico Starke
Ableton Product Team

cstump

Post by cstump » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:10 pm

OctavioPineda wrote:
cstump wrote:

Thankx in advance.

Well, this seems to be the most versatile version of intro so far. (If i only could get the darn think to work properly!)

In previous versions you could use up to 8 internal instruments (drum rack, impulse and simpler only, but you can buy the others in the store i think.), 12 internal effects (vocoder and looper were missing among others, but i missed these the most), 4 vst instruments and 12 vst effects. With no chance to use group tracks nor racks. And you could use unlimited audio and midi tracks.

Now with intro 9 you have unlimited external and internal effects, however you're limited to 16 tracks (regardless if they're midi or audio tracks). You have racks and grup tracks enabled, and you have the looper now, but in exchange you loose eq8.

Since i've always used live as a composition tool and then move on to logic pro and my hardware synths for the production stage, Intro is more than enough for me. I recommend this way of working, as limitations tend to make you more creative.

Cheers mate. I hope i've answered your question.
Thank's a whole heap. :)
Quote:"There's a Bitwig thread born every second"

claurence

Post by claurence » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:19 pm

Thanks Octavio!

One Reason

Post by One Reason » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:16 pm

Nutsuckage :mrgreen:

Bagatell

Post by Bagatell » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:40 pm

One Reason wrote:Nutsuckage :mrgreen:
Let's see Bitwig beat that.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:51 pm

First three letters of the name Bitwig should be a dead giveaway for what to expect...

...but hey! Some people are into that sorta thing.

octavious

Post by octavious » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:17 pm

[nis] wrote:Hi OctavioPineda,

I think the crash you are experiencing with the Intro version when right-clicking e.g. on the MIDI editor etc. should be fixed in 9.0.2. You can download 9.0.2 from your account page. http://www.ableton.com/account
9.0.2 fixed the crashing from rightclicking notes. But it still crashes when rightclicking the header of a subtrack from a drum rack.