Editing / Click Removal

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Ad@m

Editing / Click Removal

Post by Ad@m » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:32 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to remove a click from one of my clips in the arrangement window. I have zoomed in on the click and deleted that small section of the clip and therefore created two seperate clips with the intention of then crossfading them back together again. Whenever I move the clips back together they join up and automatically put the click back in that i deleted.

Any ideas why this is happening? Can you draw an approximation of the wave over the click in the same way as you can in pro tools instead deleting and rejoining, crossfading and consolidating as this is a much easier way of removing clicks.

Thanks

Adam

lo.key

Re: Editing / Click Removal

Post by lo.key » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:37 pm

just highlight abit of the sound before the click and duplicate, that usually works well.

djcyph

Post by djcyph » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:40 am

In Preferences under Record,Warp,Launch do you have "Create Fades on Edge Of Clips" turned on? Try that if you don't.

Also, check this for general info on fades and crossfading in ableton: http://en.wikiaudio.org/Ableton_Live:Fades

Ad@m

Post by Ad@m » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:10 am

Brilliant, Thanks both!

cverner12

Post by cverner12 » Wed May 03, 2017 5:57 pm

I have tried all this and am also still having difficulty with removing clicks from a clip. Fade, arrangement vie, fade session view. Record laucnh, fade button. All the same, Anyone got any advice to go about fixing it??
Cheers, Charles