What version of live are you using?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
tkarmakid

What version of live are you using?

Post by tkarmakid » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:28 am

I am using live 8. I would like to upgrade, but at the same time I am unsure. I started with version 7 and was mostly using it for audio recording but I could never quite get my midi controller to function properly. I chalked it up to my old computer not being powerful enough to run it. I really liked live, so when I finally got a better computer I bought live 8 and the midi worked fine. A lot of people were experiencing problems with it, but I never had any major issues with it.
For those out there who haven't upgraded, what versions are you using?

beats me

Re: What version of live are you using?

Post by beats me » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:58 pm

I have 8 but stopped using it in favor of Logic about a year or so ago. I switched mainly because my mixes always sounded flat in Live. Don’t need to get into how or why, or if it’s a common problem. It was my problem.

Sounds like 9 is comparatively more stable than when 8 first came out but there’s still plenty to be complained about over in the Music and Audio Production forum. Again, less complaining than when 8 came out, but enough for me to wait on upgrading. That and the high upgrade cost. May be a reasonable upgrade cost but at a level where I’m not going to just toss my money at it.

Quiggers

Post by Quiggers » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:13 pm

live9, love the fact that i can now remember to power up my midi controllers after launching live and it's all cool with it. small things that make a big difference. :D

tkarmakid

Post by tkarmakid » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:59 am

Thanks for the comments.
Beats, I am kinda surprised that you haven't been using live 8 in favor of logic. I mean just because your such a regular on the Ableton forum. I hear a lot of good things about Logic though.
Quiggers, I am excited about that too. I cant tell you how many times I have to shut down and restart live just because I forgot to plug a controller in.
I was hoping someone would drop in that was still using an earlier version, like 4 or something. I wonder...

doc holiday

Post by doc holiday » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:16 pm

I'm on nine, but I've had a license for 2,3,4,5,6,7,8 and 9.

I love how'd the Abe's managed to make such a fly sequencer! <3

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:22 pm

doc holiday wrote:I'm on nine, but I've had a license for 2,3,4,5,6,7,8 and 9.

I love how'd the Abe's managed to make such a fly sequencer! <3

Not that it matters, but have you totalled what that has cost you over the years?

doc holiday

Post by doc holiday » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:25 pm

I'm on nine but really that's because of push. I'm also starting my library fresh and putting in what I need as I need it so I can keep it working as desired with push. I also have only used 9 in conjunction with it.

blown away I am.

m
Quiggers wrote:live9, love the fact that i can now remember to power up my midi controllers after launching live and it's all cool with it. small things that make a big difference. :D
on OS X we've been able todo that for ages.