Availability

Discuss Push with other users.
JimConley

Availability

Post by JimConley » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:06 pm

Before getting into the actual usage of the Push some transparency on availability seems the place to start. My guess is that Ableton is losing a lot of potential Push users to other hardware because there has been so little clarity on real dates for delivery. Here's two simple questions which Ableton should be able to answer:

1. How many Push units are currently available?
2. How many Push units (internal and third-party) are on back-order?

The jump from March (<1 week) to June/July (12-16 weeks) suggests all units from the first production run are allocated and that Akai will be unable to fulfill the second run for some time. For those of us who pre-ordered there's a 'reasonable' chance we'll see our units in the next few weeks; for the rest it's a Duke Nukem kind of situation.

I can appreciate that demand for the Push far exceeded initial expectations but it would be nice to have clear answers.

matkatmusic

Re: Availability

Post by matkatmusic » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:39 pm

I concur. What's the status? That 12-16 week wait period stopped me from ordering this unit back in february. I thought to myself "if it ain't shipping till june, lemme just order it then, no point making $600 unavailable to myself for 3-4 months"

lococobra

Post by lococobra » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:39 am

I ordered mine from Guitar Center on December 31st.

Still haven't heard anything. As you might imagine I'm rather distressed to hear that people who ordered theirs a month or two after me have already received theirs.

If anyone is owed an explanation as to what is going on, I think I would be a candidate.

Timbeaux

Post by Timbeaux » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:41 am

matkatmusic wrote:"if it ain't shipping till june, lemme just order it then, no point making $600 unavailable to myself for 3-4 months"
same here, i ordered mine the day when it was announced. and as i saw a delivery date changing, i decided to cancel the order with the same reason.

Now iam glad that i have the money to get a 2nd screen for ableton (its really annoying to have the vst's in front of ur DAW). Iam sure i will have enough money till june to order again. but mostly iam speculating for a back sended unit to my musicshop. So could buy it for 400 or 450 euro.

[stm]

Post by [stm] » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:00 pm

Hi guys,

If you've ordered a Push from ableton.com, then the shipping estimates you saw in the shop at the time your put in your order are correct for you. Please check your personal delivery time in your account on ableton.com - it will be updated dynamically.

At present, it will take an estimated 16 or more weeks for Push units to arrive that are ordered from ableton.com today.

There's been an overwhelming demand for Push, and, as often happens with popular hardware products, the waiting time increases as early stocks quickly sell out. We have made shipping estimates from ableton.com transparent from the beginning, and will continue to do so.

We don't have access to availability and sales data for third-party retailers, and thus cannot speak for them as to availability and shipping estimates – you'll need to get in touch with specific retailers yourselves to get that information.

We're thrilled to see the enthusiasm for Push, and are working to accommodate the overwhelming demand – thanks for your patience.

doc holiday

Post by doc holiday » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:03 pm

matkatmusic wrote:I concur. What's the status? That 12-16 week wait period stopped me from ordering this unit back in february. I thought to myself "if it ain't shipping till june, lemme just order it then, no point making $600 unavailable to myself for 3-4 months"
I never new of any 8-12 week delivery in February. I bought mine on march 6th and it said 2-4 weeks and its delivering now.

it's entirely possible that they don't know how fast the plant can output the devices and maintain quality.

the idea that they should just sit on stock and not sell it until they have enough units to fulfill a massive launch before they start selling them is silly imvho.

and no, hardware supplies from the manufactures on new hardware are to as cut and dry as people complainging about sell outs make it seem. remember this is a global launch and every review of push I have read has emphasized the quality of the device.

doc holiday

Post by doc holiday » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:08 pm

lococobra wrote:I ordered mine from Guitar Center on December 31st.

Still haven't heard anything. As you might imagine I'm rather distressed to hear that people who ordered theirs a month or two after me have already received theirs.

If anyone is owed an explanation as to what is going on, I think I would be a candidate.

you should know that going to the first party will always have a sales priority. 3rd party deals just want to make sales and will do what they can to get that sale from you.

if you want an explanation you should take that up with the retailer that made you the deal.

I knew I'd be buying direct from ableton so I waited for them to accept preorders.

it sounds like you are early so you should be in guitar centers first batch. it is the seller you should be talking to, if you expect some kind of explanation.

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:59 am

[stm] wrote:Hi guys,

If you've ordered a Push from ableton.com, then the shipping estimates you saw in the shop at the time your put in your order are correct for you. Please check your personal delivery time in your account on ableton.com - it will be updated dynamically.

At present, it will take an estimated 16 or more weeks for Push units to arrive that are ordered from ableton.com today.

There's been an overwhelming demand for Push, and, as often happens with popular hardware products, the waiting time increases as early stocks quickly sell out. We have made shipping estimates from ableton.com transparent from the beginning, and will continue to do so.

We don't have access to availability and sales data for third-party retailers, and thus cannot speak for them as to availability and shipping estimates – you'll need to get in touch with specific retailers yourselves to get that information.

We're thrilled to see the enthusiasm for Push, and are working to accommodate the overwhelming demand – thanks for your patience.
@stm - I was debating whether or not to order the Push from Ableton directly when it became available online, or to order it from my local retailer, as if there were any warranty issues I felt it may be easier for me to deal through them than worry about shipping back to Europe etc. also I like to support local business.
My local retailer (Awave) had the 'in stock' date as March 18 when I ordered through them, even though their listed price was $30 more than the Ableton online price. Ironically on the day I ordered (& placed a 20% deposit to secure my 'place') the expected date for Push to be in stock changed to March 29. A few days ago the 'in stock' date changed again to April 15. I emailed the store to express my disappointment & frustration and the reply was this:

Thanks for your email and we understand your concerns, let me explain our situation. Ableton give us the ETA for stock arriving into Australia and we advertise that information on the Awave website. Ableton have delayed the shipment for Australia until mid April, we have just been made aware of this and have now updated our website to reflect the new ETA, mid April. Please understand this is out of Awave's control and is the same for all the other dealers in Australia.

I expect that the store placed pre-orders for the Push quite a while before online ordering became available to the general public, so I am a bit confused as to the "We don't have access to availability and sales data for third-party retailers" part of your above statement given what my 3rd party retailer told me... It sounds like Ableton have been changing the shipping dates on them?
I have no problem with Ableton online customers who ordered their Push getting some priority, I after all was considering being one of them, but surely retailers that have expressed interest & placed orders in good faith prior should have been given some consideration as well. There should have been some kind of balance somewhere in that equation, surely?
Despite a degree of frustration, I will be patient. I am looking forward to receiving a Push and creating music with it.

“... it was just to make an average listener go: ‘What the fuck is this?’ That’s a real inspiration for me and something that I will explore more on upcoming recordings.”
- Wally De Backer (Gotye) quoting Ween's intention behind making records

TysonB

Post by TysonB » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:21 pm

AGI pro DJ has (or had) them in stock. I ordered Wednesday, and received mine today.