Nothing to Browse? How to browse?

Discuss Push with other users.
ElectroClash

Nothing to Browse? How to browse?

Post by ElectroClash » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:44 pm

Hello, I'm running my new Ableton 9 Suite and testing Push since 2 days.
I still don't undestand how to browse.
If I open a simple new project (in example the default one) then I push "browse" i immediately receive the response "nothing to browse" on the screen: if i push browse again i start browsing though instruments of live... what's the error?

One other strange thing: sometimes i'm browsing and i load an instrument, than from that moment i can't exit from the browse menù on the screen, in ex. pushing "device" or "track".. waht's my error again? Did you noticed something like this?
Thank you :oops:

doc holiday

Re: Nothing to Browse? How to browse?

Post by doc holiday » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:15 pm

I hold the add track button and choose midi from the top row of buttons, then it says "nothing to browse" in the Push panel. Next I click the browse button and up pops my list of live devices. You can uses the nobs or the top orange buttons to browse and then click the green light to load that device. From there if it's a drum rack you should be able to get the step sequencer or the note view if it's an instrument.

ElectroClash

Post by ElectroClash » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:42 pm

Thank you for the reply.
I just woke up because of my djing friday :lol:
I'll try and i'll let you know

Just a question: you say that you add a track, but your default template doesn't have any track?
In mine I have many midi/audio and S/R busses so when I open a new project i don't need to add any track.

In this case i have to press 2 time "browse" because on the first one i get the "nothing to browse" message: it seems to be a bug..
Can you confirm?

PS: i opened a second thread in general Live forum because every time i restart my imac (running ML with a SSD and external FW library HD) i lost the configuration of the audio interface (Motu 828 MKIII Fw in daisy chain with the library)...
Does anyone know anything about it?

ElectroClash

Post by ElectroClash » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:54 pm

up! :lol: