Push & Ableton Live 9 Intro Licence

Discuss Push with other users.
Julzius

Push & Ableton Live 9 Intro Licence

Post by Julzius » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:14 pm

Hey everybody,

i've luckily received my Push Controller on Saturday. I've orderey last week at session music in germany. After opening the package i recognized that there wasn't any Ableton Live 9 Intri licence in the package. Is this normal?

BobTheDog

Re: Push & Ableton Live 9 Intro Licence

Post by BobTheDog » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:33 pm

Maybe when you register it then you can download it?

Julzius

Post by Julzius » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:36 pm

BobTheDog wrote:Maybe when you register it then you can download it?
I've already tried it. No new licence appeared in my account.

ark

Post by ark » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:00 pm

Each Push comes with a serial number. What happens if you register that serial number, then download and install Live from the normal download page?

ezelkow1

Post by ezelkow1 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:05 am

same here, only serial number was for push, registered push number and no intro license was added. I wonder if you already own a license if it doesnt give you one? Seems like you should get one anyway to resell since it says its included inside

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:16 am

ezelkow1 wrote:same here, only serial number was for push, registered push number and no intro license was added. I wonder if you already own a license if it doesnt give you one? Seems like you should get one anyway to resell since it says its included inside
Their advertising says 'Every Push comes with Live 9’ so I will be contacting support if I don't get Live intro with mine (if & when it comes into stock in Australia). I wanted a intro licence for my eldest, she's very musical & would get a kick out of using Live I think.

“... it was just to make an average listener go: ‘What the fuck is this?’ That’s a real inspiration for me and something that I will explore more on upcoming recordings.”
- Wally De Backer (Gotye) quoting Ween's intention behind making records

ezelkow1

Post by ezelkow1 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:47 pm

Yea I sent an email yesterday about it. Since apparently intro is worth 100$, if they dont give it to you thats 1/6th of what you paid for gone. Besides you can always sell that license alone, or if you wish to sell push later also sell the license with it

ezelkow1

Post by ezelkow1 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:14 pm

And their response:

Thank you for contacting us.

The free Live Intro license is only included if a customer is new to Live.

Since you already own a Live license, unfortunately the Intro license does not come with Push.

Feel free to get back to us if you have any further questions or concerns.

----------

Seems a little disingenuous to me, in the box it says it includes an intro license, yet you only get that if you dont already have a license.....so you cant recoup the 100$ that intro is supposedly worth since you would think that would contribute to the overall cost of push (in an incentive sort of way). Its probably just an issue with push licenses though where you automatically get an intro license if you dont own one, and they dont want people getting a push, selling the intro license, and then also able to sell push and once its re-registered the new owner then gets another copy of intro.

Oh well, asked if we were to resell a push if the new owner did not have a live license if they would immediately get an intro license as well. I suppose if you wanted to give your intro license to your daughter you could transfer your push license to a new account, then hopefully that would also get you the intro license

lo.key

Post by lo.key » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:18 pm

lame.

Asymmetricalmusic

Post by Asymmetricalmusic » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:43 pm

Super Lame!

login

Post by login » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:58 pm

So... create new account, register push, get license, use push with your other license. Resell the other license, give it away or whatever...

lo.key

Post by lo.key » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:01 pm

^ this.

ezelkow1

Post by ezelkow1 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:20 pm

bit too late now for anyone who figured they would get a license when registering push, unless you want to transfer your push to another account

Either way Im fine with it as long as if I wanted to sell it in the future the new user would get an intro license if they didnt already have one, which Im still waiting on a response about

tebers

Post by tebers » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:23 pm

well Ableton is advertising push with Live Intro and they have to provide you one and all push buyers regardless if they have live9 whatever already. with the apc they provided as well a Live special licence... tomorrow I will mail them as well and ask for my serial...

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:58 pm

ezelkow1 wrote:And their response:

Thank you for contacting us.

The free Live Intro license is only included if a customer is new to Live.

Since you already own a Live license, unfortunately the Intro license does not come with Push.

Feel free to get back to us if you have any further questions or concerns.
Since you already own a Live license, unfortunately the Intro license does not come with Push
’Unfortunately' nothing! This is not the way to make friends and influence people, especially your established customers!
It is also no way to introduce 'new' users to Live! I was going to introduce a 'new' user to Live by gifting them the intro licence that is meant to (& is advertised to come) with Push! This is how I eventually came to be a Live Suite User, by using the Launchpad version of Live that I received with the Launchpad, finding I enjoyed using it and taking the upgrade path.
Honestly, unless an established user is offered some form of discount on the Push unit for not getting an Intro licence as advertised on the web site and on the box, there is a very valid concern. I am starting to see why some people in the forums get very annoyed with Ableton. As I have already invested a considerable amount of money into Ableton's bank accounts over the last couple of years by being a dedicated customer, and I am actually paying MORE than the online price for Push (& still waiting for it) from my local dealer in Australia, I do not see why I should get less than what is advertised.
I do not want some kind of pro-forma 'very sorry' response from them either - I expect a bloody good answer!

login wrote:So... create new account, register push, get license, use push with your other license. Resell the other license, give it away or whatever...
That may be one solution, but the thing is, you shouldn't have to do that!

“... it was just to make an average listener go: ‘What the fuck is this?’ That’s a real inspiration for me and something that I will explore more on upcoming recordings.”
- Wally De Backer (Gotye) quoting Ween's intention behind making records