Can you save your project from Push?

Discuss Push with other users.
dudemcgrude

Can you save your project from Push?

Post by dudemcgrude » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:07 pm

I went through the push section of the manual and i didnt see anything about being able to save your project from Push. Anyone know if this is this an option? Thanks :D

Asymmetricalmusic

Re: Can you save your project from Push?

Post by Asymmetricalmusic » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:14 pm

Not that I've found.

You can't start a new project either

dudemcgrude

Post by dudemcgrude » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:40 pm

Asymmetricalmusic wrote:Not that I've found.

You can't start a new project either
thats a bummer. Oh well, i guess i can deal with clicking save on my computer instead lol.

humnumb

Post by humnumb » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:04 pm

Abes should learn from NI. Maschine lets you create a new project, browse and load existing projects, and save, all from the Maschine hardware.

rud

Post by rud » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:04 pm

No you cannot.
You can't duplicate, delete, rename, copy/paste a track/device either.
... yet.

jsn

Post by jsn » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:06 am

Hi,

I definitely can see the usefulness of such a feature. From what I have been reading and what I am understanding about PUSH, is that it is here to compliment Live 9 and not substitute it. This controller is meant to me used in conjunction with the software (brain) so-to-speak. PUSH is not designed to replace the use of having a computer nearby for every process. But for me at least I have noticed that there is a brief painless preparation before and after using PUSH however the inbetween period when using it my screen usually sleeps. We need to recall that Ableton designed this controller to be used as a tool of composition, to ease and make more tactile (and inspiring) the process of entering MIDI messages. I do not own the NI controller but from what I can tell it is also quite a screen-based experience to some large degree?? Also I can plainly see that this device does not offer the ingenious NOTE input and Scale mapping option mode of PUSH? It does not (without looking at the computer screen) seem to offer a step-sequencer, a super easy to navigate drum rack pad and looping facility on one user-facing input board ALL at one time? Can the NI device load and manipulate Ableton and MFL devices? Can it also add/manipulate multiple Sends (and Sends of Sends) to a project and offer one user-facing interface of mix level,solo,mute (without looking at a screen)? The NI product is NO doubt a fantastic work solution but it is not the same thing as PUSH. Let's give time for the continuing development of PUSH to see where it goes. Only the FIRST wave of units have arrived in hands of early adopters. A lot of time and energy has obviously been invested here. About quality control issues, I regret to inform that such things are rampant in manufacturing these days (a Blofeld purchase a year ago is testament to this :(). Furthermore, I too have noticed a shifting of some of the LED colour on PUSH but for now it honestly hasn't been too big of a hindrance that knocks down any productive inspiration. My white LEDs are decent enough to tell that they are white when they are...white. I am quite happy to have the colour variations that are present (of course there are several colours which are very similar but I can work with that) and the ability to see clip names and time remaining by holding Select (without having to view my computer screen). Just my opinion on it all. Things can always be better for sure. We can hope that Abelton has fantastic things planned for the already amazing device once it's out there a bit more.
Live Suite 9.5 (32-bit), MFL 6.1.3 (416a295), Win7HP

humnumb

Post by humnumb » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:04 am

jsn wrote:I do not own the NI controller but from what I can tell it is also quite a screen-based experience to some large degree??
Wrong. You can choose to turn off the computer screen and still have full control over pretty much the entire aspect of the software from the hardware throughout the whole composition process.
jsn wrote:Also I can plainly see that this device does not offer the ingenious NOTE input and Scale mapping option mode of PUSH?
Wrong. Maschine has Live controller templates that has note input and can set scales.
jsn wrote:It does not (without looking at the computer screen) seem to offer a step-sequencer
Maschine does offer a step sequencer that can be used entirely without the computer screen.
jsn wrote:Can the NI device load and manipulate Ableton and MFL devices? Can it also add/manipulate multiple Sends (and Sends of Sends) to a project and offer one user-facing interface of mix level,solo,mute (without looking at a screen)?
Yes.
jsn wrote:The NI product is NO doubt a fantastic work solution but it is not the same thing as PUSH.
Absoutely. Maschine does a lot of things Push simply cannot do.

Can the Push do Elektron-style step parameter locks (aka p-locks) from its step sequencer? Maschine can.

Can the Push record a sample directly to a drum pad, edit the waveform directly on the hardware, slice it to a MIDI pattern, duplicate that pad to other pads...etc. all without needing the mouse/trackpad and without needing to look at the computer screen?

Dalmu

Post by Dalmu » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:28 pm

humnumb wrote: Can the Push do Elektron-style step parameter locks (aka p-locks) from its step sequencer? Maschine can.
every post i walk into, you seem to talk a lot about maschine's superiority to push :?
they're different controller types. maschine is more of typical MPC-like controller.
I'm glad you love your Maschine, but this is a 'Push Discussion' sub-forum.

BobTheDog

Post by BobTheDog » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:28 pm

hunnumbnuts, this is a push forum not a Maschine one!

I have only had the misfortune of reading your incessant maschine posts for a few days and its getting on my rag, do you actually own a Push?

If not maybe you should push off?

Oh and yes I do have a maschine and it is used to prop a door open at the moment!

dysanfel

Post by dysanfel » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:36 pm

You can't save or start a new project? That would be the first thing on the list of functionality if I were designing a dedicated controller for ANY software.
Gig Rig - rMBP 2.3GHZ i7, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, OSX 10.13.x, Presonus FS, Live 10.x
Home Rig - i9 eight-core Hackintosh 32GB DDR4, 2nd Generation Scarlett 18i20, ADA8000, JoeMeek SixQ, Live 10.x

panten

Post by panten » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:00 pm

What would you call your new project?

panten

Post by panten » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:54 pm

*serious question btw*
Just wondering because if you save a new project aren't you going to need to go to keyboard and mouse anyway to name it?
Unless they turned the pads into characters and allowed you to type from Push also.

humnumb

Post by humnumb » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:09 am

Dalmu wrote:every post i walk into, you seem to talk a lot about maschine's superiority to push
Dalmu, please don't put words in my mouth. I don't think either Push or Maschine is superior to each other. I mean, sure, we can pinpoint specific features that each does better as people have been doing but they're different enough in their own way. You can't objectively call one "superior" over the other. I do think Ableton could have learned a lot from what NI accomplished with Maschine though. Maybe they share the same kind of mentality of defensive Live fanboys having knee jerk reactions whenever anyone points out existing solutions that they could learn from.

lo.key

Post by lo.key » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:59 am

humnumb wrote:whenever anyone points out existing solutions that they could learn from.
i suppose the reason i find your posts a little galling is that they dont provide many educational hooks into which learning could be drawn. 'This is possible using maschine' doesn't really provide anything useful towards the ability to control something using the push. Thank you for the comparison, but it's not particularly useful within the framework we have to hand.