Push feature requests

Discuss Push with other users.
djadonis206

Push feature requests

Post by djadonis206 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:18 pm

We have Push, now what else do we want?

Naming tracks from the hardware
A macro page so I have all the relevant controls in one place rather than on individual tracks
Be able to record into the arrange page when inspiration strikes
Erase notes from the step sequencer with one button combination rather than deleting each note (this is tedious if you have sequence longer than 4 bars)
In the step sequencer mode I'd like to work on editing one part of a longer sequence while the whole loop play rather than stopping the loop by selecting one part of the sequence (get at me if this doesn't make sense)
Preview samples from the hardware
Ableton | Elektron

Music

djadonis206

Re: Push feature requests

Post by djadonis206 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:57 pm

Scales per track or scene
Ableton | Elektron

Music

panten

Post by panten » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:10 pm

djadonis206 wrote:-Naming tracks from the hardware
How would you imagine this would work? Turn the pads into a keyboard? Or scrolling through the alphabet with the knobs? Both seem quite cumbersome if you ask me.
djadonis206 wrote:In the step sequencer mode I'd like to work on editing one part of a longer sequence while the whole loop play rather than stopping the loop by selecting one part of the sequence
Do you mean to have say a 4-bar loop running but only be able to record into bar 3, for instance? This could be quote a good idea but I really like the super fast workflow of isolating a loop quickly, drumming my pattern then checking it in context again.
djadonis206 wrote:Be able to record into the arrange page when inspiration strikes
forgive me if I'm wrong here but would Metastatik's amended Push scripts give you what you're after?
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=191649&start=15

+1 to your other requests.

I'm holding off on any of my own requests until I'm sure I have sussed the way Ableton have intended in case I'm requesting things that already exist.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:42 pm

panten wrote:
djadonis206 wrote:-Naming tracks from the hardware
How would you imagine this would work? Turn the pads into a keyboard? Or scrolling through the alphabet with the knobs? Both seem quite cumbersome if you ask me.

Elektron has a neat way of doing this from their hardware.

A little alphabet graphic apprears when you go to name or rename something. By holding down the function key and using a knob, you can scroll through all the letters. No need for a key board! Pretty cool
Ableton | Elektron

Music

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:01 am

Oh yes, and per step automation.
Ableton | Elektron

Music

skatr2

Post by skatr2 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:55 pm

djadonis206 wrote:Oh yes, and per step automation.
That would be a live 9 feature request. Not likely something you will see as it would likely take a code overhaul.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:07 pm

I hope it's not that complicated, but I'm not a computer code guy so what do I know

We can record automation into clips, so it seems that we'd be able to record one step at a time in the step sequencer.

C'mon ableton smart people - figure this out for me. Pretty please
Ableton | Elektron

Music

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:09 pm

Unlinking clip automation from the hardware. I'd like to have a 2 bar loop but an 8 bar filter sweep. Sure I can do this in the arrange page but I'd like to see it implemented with push in session view.
Ableton | Elektron

Music

lo.key

Post by lo.key » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:44 pm

djadonis206 wrote:Unlinking clip automation from the hardware. I'd like to have a 2 bar loop but an 8 bar filter sweep. Sure I can do this in the arrange page but I'd like to see it implemented with push in session view.
this is absolutely needed! +1

djcyph

Post by djcyph » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:15 pm

my thread didn't take off like urs :( ha
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=191876

but i want to be able preview sounds/instruments from push like we can in new brower

id also like to be able to select which parameters of a VST appear in push and the order...

when i load sylenth the OSC controls dont start till like bank 11 and thats what you want to control first
Last edited by djcyph on Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

djcyph

Post by djcyph » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:20 pm

djadonis206 wrote:We have Push, now what else do we want?
In the step sequencer mode I'd like to work on editing one part of a longer sequence while the whole loop play rather than stopping the loop by selecting one part of the sequence (get at me if this doesn't make sense)
Preview samples from the hardware
djadonis206 wrote:In the step sequencer mode I'd like to work on editing one part of a longer sequence while the whole loop play rather than stopping the loop by selecting one part of the sequence
Do you mean to have say a 4-bar loop running but only be able to record into bar 3, for instance? This could be quote a good idea but I really like the super fast workflow of isolating a loop quickly, drumming my pattern then checking it in context again.
[/quote]

fundamentally, i dont think thats possible for a step sequencer since it had to "step" through each part of the loop to know when to play the sample....

with technology and max4L, maybe who knows

ezelkow1

Post by ezelkow1 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:46 pm

Ability to switch the touch strip to modwheel. For any non-ableton instruments having modwheel accessible is basically a necessity so it would be nice to have the strip switchable between pitch and mod

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:48 pm

dj, not to go there but you can edit parts of sequences without breaking the whole loop in other applications like Maschine. I feel dirty for just saying that LOL!
Ableton | Elektron

Music

featherodd

Post by featherodd » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:58 am

ezelkow1 wrote:Ability to switch the touch strip to modwheel. For any non-ableton instruments having modwheel accessible is basically a necessity so it would be nice to have the strip switchable between pitch and mod
Amen. This is freaking ridiculous that the Pitch Bend can not be switched to work as a modwheel.

Anybody got a killer solution for cycling VST presets. Only thing I've come up with is to use Jurgen's "Dial for Program Change" M4L Device
http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/M4L/M4L.html
but only works for some synths. It would be a zillion times better if Live simply let us select the VST presets via the LCD screen. Is that really so difficult?

Ryder17

Post by Ryder17 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:30 am

How about being able to use the loop length pads as additional drum rack triggers? So you could have an 8x16 pad if needed. That would be cool