Bullying. Second attempt at...

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
docprosper

Re: Bullying. Second attempt at a thread.

Post by docprosper » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:18 am

must....not....take....bait............... :?
Funk N. Furter wrote:Post properly.
Ableton Live Suite | M4L | Powerbook | Launchpad | APC40 | Faderfox | 2x1200 | Xone:96 | ...
---> http://soundcloud.com/kilcraft

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:22 pm

Funk N. Furter wrote:Unfortunately my last thread on bullying was ruined by...well, you can guess. Maybe this time they will stay away from where they are not wanted. Unfortunately most of us felt we had to delete our posts from the last thread as part of a campaign to get someone to remove a post that was completely out of order. I am not prepared to discuss that fiasco again. Thanks to the people who supported that, and to those who posted interesting comments last time..
Fran. You asked me in a PM to delete my contribution from your last thread but I couldn't see the point.
I also explained to you the reasons why I didn't want to delete my post.
I also asked why you start threads like these if you cannot handle the almost predictable, inevitable outcome.
And here we are again...
How long will it take before anyone who in good faith posts to this thread gets a PM asking for them to delete their posts because of someone else posting something that is 'completely out of order?'
re: I am not prepared to discuss that fiasco again - really? I think you know better! Simply by bringing it up you are doing just that. By starting another thread titled "Bullying. Second attempt at a thread" in the same forum with the same forum members that posted last time, what exactly is it you are hoping to achieve?
This kind of behaviour is perplexing to me.
:?:

“... it was just to make an average listener go: ‘What the fuck is this?’ That’s a real inspiration for me and something that I will explore more on upcoming recordings.”
- Wally De Backer (Gotye) quoting Ween's intention behind making records

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:29 pm

I'm not participating in this thread.

andydes

Post by andydes » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:31 pm

Funken, you really didn't give this thread a good start. How can you expect it not to go off the rails if your first post brings up the last argument? It's the internet, you can't expect to have your say and tell people which parts they can respond to. That doesn't work in the real world either.

Leave the baggage, and you may get a serious discussion.

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:52 pm

These threads are more about how to run into someones fist.

slatepipe

Post by slatepipe » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:11 pm

I love kicking people in. Especially when they're smaller than me.

Post by 102455 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:18 pm

rakim87

Post by rakim87 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:48 pm

bullying is just a label. everyone is capable of being a douchebag. they might as well be posting "stop douchbaggery" signs everywhere.

I've been put in really shitty situations. I had some kid knock on my door to have me come outside and be fought 3 on 1 (the fight never happened though), I had a kid try to jump me walking home from school with 3 other people backing him up just in case, and I had a some kid just pick on me to no end throwing fake punches at me when he's twice my size. I handled all 3 of these situations by flipping the fuck out until they were either scared of me or just decided to leave me alone. If I played the victim I would've felt like I had lost something, I didn't though. They're just idiots. Is it damaging? Yes. You are giving it more power than it ever had though.

If you claim you've never been bullied you are full of shit and if you claim you've never bullied anyone you're probably full of shit (but not necessarily). Also, some of us live in the hood, the actual one, not the european one, keep that in mind when you're talking about bullying. People have overcome worse scenarios.
ImageImage

locknar

Post by locknar » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:20 pm

Last edited by locknar on Wed May 01, 2013 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

rakim87

Post by rakim87 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:24 pm

Funk N. Furter wrote:The worst that happened to me was getting spat at from them. I also got beat up by a gang of lads who attacked me from behind after a disco because I stopped dancing with the sister of one of them, and another time got stabbed in my arse with a dart for wearing non-flared trousers. Minor stuff basically.

That would be bullying. Getting beat up isn't minor, that's shitty. You don't feel bullied though because you didn't allow the feeling or just didn't get enough to be broke down.
ImageImage

rakim87

Post by rakim87 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:29 pm

locknar wrote:i was bullied in high school.
which led me to carry a switchblade knife. pretty dumb.
but while riding my bike home after school, these two teens would tease me for being overweight and i pulled out the knife.
they ran like hell and i chased them while i was on my bike.they finally made it to their garage. i rarely saw them after that.
ever since then quite a few people stopped teasing me. and i never knew why.
i found out years and years later that i was known as the crazy knife kid. i never knew that was my nickname.
i guess they told everyone at school about me pulling out a knife.

i dont recommend doing this at all.
that is pretty bad, mainly because you chased them. i carried a knife for a bit because my car died and i had to walk/bike everywhere. some thug wannabes followed me and my friends walking home at like 3am just yelling "hey yo" and shit at us, and i just held it out and pointed at something with it while talking about something random. then i looked back and they had stopped following us. they must've ran like hell cause it was only 2 seconds ago they were behind me, they were no where in sight. it saved us in the situation but i feel shitty. it's better to just not walk around at night.
ImageImage

rakim87

Post by rakim87 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:14 pm

i've heard serious cases of kids getting so seriously outcasted they ended up getting beat up and left on the side of the road in a ditch or something. my teacher in high school was canadian and told me that happened to this israeli girl somewhere in canada. when she came to and picked her self up and was walking back toward the road from where she fell, the group of kids that beat her up happened to be walking back, beat her up again and left her and she ended up dying. i wish i had a link for that story but it's just something that my teacher said back in 2003ish, even if that's not 100% though we all know shit like that happens.

i wouldn't expect fighting bullying to necessarily help the issue, it might bring awareness to the problems in society but it's not a tangible thing, it's more like a shitty mentality in general that people carry. i think a lot of small lapses in ethics are overlooked and they grow into bigger issues.
ImageImage

andydes

Post by andydes » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:04 pm

I hear beating on Goths and Emos is now classed as have crime in Manchester.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-la ... e-22018888

Should there be special laws for some groups, or should unprovoked attacks on anyone all be treated the same? I honestly don't know.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:16 pm

:)
Last edited by regretfullySaid on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

rakim87

Post by rakim87 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:24 pm

andydes wrote:I hear beating on Goths and Emos is now classed as have crime in Manchester.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-la ... e-22018888

Should there be special laws for some groups, or should unprovoked attacks on anyone all be treated the same? I honestly don't know.
that's wicked interesting. i would say they're all hate crimes. maybe they should just give it a different title though, like "targeting" or something. if you can't wear some clothes that look different and just exist in public than that is shitty, it's not that different than attacking someone for some other bullshit reason though. calling it a hate crime wouldn't necessarily be a detrimental thing though.
ImageImage