What would you like to see in Push in the future?

Discuss Push with other users.
aioffermann

What would you like to see in Push in the future?

Post by aioffermann » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:34 am

Me? In no particular order..

1. Per note pitch shift on step sequencer.
2. Step sequencing without a drum rack
3. Turn filters on and off (reverb filter, sampler filter...)
4. Copy/paste drum rack cells
5. Access to user folders

nbyte

Re: What would you like to see in Push in the future?

Post by nbyte » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:20 am

6. using a midi effect like scales will be represented on the keys in push -> so you can have a scale per track! Scales Midi Effect should also make possible to use microtone scales.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:49 pm

Ableton | Elektron

Music

scientist

Post by scientist » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:19 pm

aioffermann wrote:3. Turn filters on and off (reverb filter, sampler filter...)
first row of buttons selects the device to which the macros assign, the second row of buttons turns devices on/off.

aioffermann

Post by aioffermann » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:33 pm

Yea but I'm not talking about turning devices off. I'm talking about turning filters WITHIN devices off. Maybe you do know what I mean - can't play with my Push at the moment to check :oops:

7. Velocity, note length and nudge for multiple steps at a time! I know you can do it for an entire drum cell, but is there no way to edit multiple steps at once?

scientist

Post by scientist » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:57 pm

aioffermann wrote:Yea but I'm not talking about turning devices off. I'm talking about turning filters WITHIN devices off. Maybe you do know what I mean - can't play with my Push at the moment to check :oops:
ah, i see... like how you can get to the filter section in sampler, but can't actually turn it on/off. maybe they could put the on/off option on the second row of buttons since they currently don't serve a function? for now we'll have to settle for macros.

tecxx

Post by tecxx » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:41 pm

sample browsing
faster scrolling through lists, e.g. knobs on the right side scroll faster than knobs on the left side. currently, when loading a user library with > 200 samples it becomes impossible to browse at this speed.
auto-load sample when up/down is pressed. makes sample selection much easier...
subcategories for drum hits (e.g. KICK -> kick/clean, kick/noised, kick/sub, kick/digital). or at least an easy way to user-define subcategories ourselves.
midi note "move": add a second "nudge" function to move notes to the next slot left or right (e.g. hold note + knob 5 = move, hold note + knob 6 = nudge)

general
VST loading from push, VST preset browsing. more VST love !!!!
possibility to toggle NOTE MODE / DRUM RACK MODE. i'd like to use the step sequencer without a drum rack.
duplicate should duplicate only the current clip. SHIFT duplicate can dupe the scene like it does now.

Upright

Post by Upright » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:22 pm

AUDITION DRUM RACK SOUNDS WITHOUT LOADING THEM! <-- This is major for me right now.

SuburbanThug

Post by SuburbanThug » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:01 pm

An option for more precision with the knobs, can't seem to find one. Seems like holding shift would be the logical conclusion... doesn't work.

Knob "sensitivity." I've heard of plenty of other controllers with adjustable rates of speed on the knobs.

+1 to all the browsing suggestions. I've taken to just loading from the computer half of the time especially where individual samples are concerned. AUDITIONING SAMPLES.

aioffermann

Post by aioffermann » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:14 pm

SuburbanThug wrote:An option for more precision with the knobs, can't seem to find one. Seems like holding shift would be the logical conclusion... doesn't work.

Knob "sensitivity." I've heard of plenty of other controllers with adjustable rates of speed on the knobs.

+1 to all the browsing suggestions. I've taken to just loading from the computer half of the time especially where individual samples are concerned. AUDITIONING SAMPLES.
Holding shift worked for at least one parameter in my experience - sadly I can't remember which parameter it was! :lol:

anamexis

Post by anamexis » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:25 pm

Upright wrote:AUDITION DRUM RACK SOUNDS WITHOUT LOADING THEM! <-- This is major for me right now.
+1, except for everything that you can normally preview in the browser (not just drum racks)

coleb

Post by coleb » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:52 pm

+1 for adjusting knob sensitivity or holding down shift + using the knob for a control with higher resolution, akin to holding down ctrl or cmd when using the mouse to adjust a live parameter.

i don't want to stir the maschine trolls, but one underrated feature of maschine for me is the controller editor, where you can easily assign the different buttons and knobs to different midi messages, set their resolution, set pads to gate or toggle mode when outputting CCs and so on. it would be amazing to have something like this for the user mode on push. just for making templates for a live performance or creating better templates for controlling other software besides live. this would be doubly useful for push because of the two separate midi ports that it uses. i know this is possible using M4L or bome's but it would be a lot simpler with some kind of editor for push user mode.

anamexis

Post by anamexis » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:47 am

coleb wrote:+1 for adjusting knob sensitivity or holding down shift + using the knob for a control with higher resolution, akin to holding down ctrl or cmd when using the mouse to adjust a live parameter.
+1 from here too. Trying to automate transpose on simplers in drum racks live, right now, is impossible because it's impossible to get the precision needed.

blinkeye

Post by blinkeye » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:50 am

coleb wrote:holding down shift + using the knob for a control with higher resolution
Yup. Yet another feature already found on Maschine...

And another thing that sets apart Maschine's controller is that it actually has higher-than-MIDI resolution for its encoders compared to Push's knobs which are limited to only 128 coarse steps (7 bit) of MIDI resolution. Maschine's knob resolution is even higher than that of the Kore 2 controller which has 512 steps (9 bit) of resolution.

SuburbanThug

Post by SuburbanThug » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:51 am

Troll level: Sacha Baren Cohen