[PUSH] Send program change for external Instr.

Discuss Push with other users.
n2design

[PUSH] Send program change for external Instr.

Post by n2design » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:44 pm

Is there a way to navigate through MSB/LSB Program Changes via the Push Controller?

Asymmetricalmusic

Re: [PUSH] Send program change for external Instr.

Post by Asymmetricalmusic » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:20 pm

A work around would be each clip can contain a program change.

I have another controller that puts out Program Changes but even then I had to pick my favorite patches and put them on to the buttons I wanted.

Push I don't think will this out the box

Also I can't play multiple record enabled tracks with Push

Push seems to use all MIDI Channels, even if your using it only as the control surface

so I'm still trying to figure out how to have Push while still have my other MIDI gear.

I found this on the FAQ

Will it be possible to use another controller in conjunction with Push, e.g. one with bigger pads for tapping out beats?
Yes, select Push as control surface in Live's MIDI/Sync preferences and map e.g. the pads of a drum rack to the other MIDI controller of your choice. Make sure 'Track' and 'Remote' is activated for the one controlling the pads.

I can do this but when I put Push on a different MIDI channel ie: to Add a Bassline it cross plays all the track I have rec enabled regardless of having the MIDI channels set for each piece of gear. Manually mapping an APC40 uses MIDI channels 1-9 for god sake. Push offers me little hope of a integration with my current set-up.

I'm working on a new set-up but I really scared once I start making it Ableton will figure out how lame the Push is and add the features we've all asked for and really sohould have been there since the release.

so I guess to answer your question

NO you can't........

n2design

Post by n2design » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:19 am

wait your saying there is no way to audition the presets of an external synth using push? whaa?? :?

touched1

Post by touched1 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:09 am

I can't wrap my head around how my decade old Novation SL will do program changes, but my my Push 2 will not. Such an unbelievable oversight.
http://teledubgnosis.com/
http://www.myspace.com/teledubgnosis
Apple OS 10.5.8/8 Core 3.0 Mac Pro 9GB RAM/MacBook Pro 2.16 2 GB RAM/Metric-Halo 2882 +DSP & ULN-8/Behringer BCR and BCF 2000/Korg Pad Kontrol/Novation ReMote 25 SL

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:13 pm

touched1 wrote:I can't wrap my head around how my decade old Novation SL will do program changes, but my my Push 2 will not. Such an unbelievable oversight.
Because you can't connect Push 2 to a synth directly. If it has to have a computer in between anyway, no sense of adding Program Changes to the hardware.
Push is a "Dumb Terminal" controller. The SL isn't.

scheffkoch

Post by scheffkoch » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:44 pm

...i like this device for sending pcm...there are few other but this is rock solid: http://www.maxforlive.com/library/devic ... h-programs
macbook pro m1pro, macos monterey, rme multiface via sonnet echo express se I, push 2, faderfox mx12, xone:k2

feytus

Post by feytus » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:08 pm

scheffkoch wrote:...i like this device for sending pcm...there are few other but this is rock solid: http://www.maxforlive.com/library/devic ... h-programs
Thank you so much for this! Much appreciated! :)