Ozone 5 Mastering chain

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
StooB1969

Ozone 5 Mastering chain

Post by StooB1969 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:58 am

I just got Ozone 5 and added the Ozone 5 mastering chain to my mix and it's gorgeous and rich.

What are peoples opinions and recommendations of the Ozone 5 mastering set?? Is there better plugin?

:D

kanuck

Re: Ozone 5 Mastering chain

Post by kanuck » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:04 pm

Are you just slapping an Ozone 5 preset on your master bus? First off I don't really recommend this and make sure you check the final mix through a variety of sound systems.

I think for what it does and at its price point it's near the top of the line. The thing is most people don't understand that they don't need to have an entire mastering suite for their needs and any professional mastering engineer worth his/her salt wouldn't use Ozone by itself (can't speak for the Pro version of Ozone though).

su

Post by su » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:09 am

Three suggestions.

Read the ozone mastering guide

Use salt on things that taste better with salt

Don't overdo it on the salt.

;-)

Michael Hatsis

Post by Michael Hatsis » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:12 am

I will say though that ozone is becoming part of todays sound, u find dance music on soundcloud and 95% of the tracks are using that preset :D
Either way, i dont think you'll find a better all in one mastering tool out there. Just go easy with it. Id say to start off w the limiter, then gently explore the other modules in there,

That intelligent 3 limiter is bananas though, u can slam the ell out of a track w that thing