Abes please implement Drum Hits subfolders based on source!!

Discuss Push with other users.
djlimbs

Abes please implement Drum Hits subfolders based on source!!

Post by djlimbs » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:47 pm

Hey Abes,

So I've been messing around with BrowserComponent.pyc and VirtualFolders.cfg and found it's definitely possible to add a (much desired) subfolder to the Drum Hits categories and organize the sounds by Source folder. It seems like it'd be a pretty easy change in BrowserComponent.pyc but unfortunately my decompiled version is rather janky. While I plan to keep working on it until it's stable and customized, I think whole Push community and I would love if this feature was implemented. I even took a picture of some of my Kicks organized by their folder, I was so excited when I first saw it!

Too bad the Browser would scroll all weird and break eventually...If anyone is good w/ Python and can get a stable decompiled BrowserComponent.pyc to function, please let me know!

mitchell

Re: Abes please implement Drum Hits subfolders based on source!!

Post by mitchell » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:06 pm

this would be very cool, how could you not implement this? lemme guess maschine does this right out of the box? how hard would it be to get push to load your 3rd party vsts from the browser? lemme guess maschin does this also

djlimbs

Post by djlimbs » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:28 pm

yea, if I add a TagBrowserQuery for 'Plug-ins', Audio Units and VSTs definitely show up...but the Browser display on Push then crashes before I can even scroll to them!

djlimbs

Post by djlimbs » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:31 pm

got 'em working! will post info once I get everything together and thoroughly test. I was also able to navigate to VSTs/AU's but unfortunately pressing the load button them would not pop 'em up in Live.

blinkeye

Post by blinkeye » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:12 pm

mitchell wrote:this would be very cool, how could you not implement this? lemme guess maschine does this right out of the box? how hard would it be to get push to load your 3rd party vsts from the browser? lemme guess maschin does this also
Yup. There are some very odd limitations on Push for sure. I think Push does load plugins though but no parameters will automap unless the plugin has only 32 or less parameters. Otherwise, you have to resort to a workaround beforehand before the plugin parameters will show up. I don't understand why they couldn't just have it all work out of the box, browsing with multiple levels of tags (even easily adding your own custom tags), plugin automapping...etc.:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys8bsWEWt0A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsFA-b9qi8k&t=02m50s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urz-c_GpnsY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSO3ElYchGI

tecxx

Post by tecxx » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:49 pm

just wanted to put a +1 here, highly neecessary improvement!

mauronedj

Post by mauronedj » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:50 am

It's possible to make a small little program in C++ make this process more usable?
I mean, a drag-Drop folder with samples will make a subcategory in the relative macro-family of instruments!
I hope that Live will do this for us, as this feature is NECESSARY to work with push!

whatisvalis

Post by whatisvalis » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:37 pm

This is exactly how I want my browser in Push to look like.

djlimbs

Post by djlimbs » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:57 pm

whatisvalis wrote:This is exactly how I want my browser in Push to look like.
i'll have a tutorial on how to set it up soon! Working on it today tho it's a lot to explain

coleb

Post by coleb » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:28 pm

djlimbs wrote:
i'll have a tutorial on how to set it up soon! Working on it today tho it's a lot to explain
can't wait to see this. thanks limbs!