What would you like to see in Push in the future?

Discuss Push with other users.
RixiM

Re: What would you like to see in Push in the future?

Post by RixiM » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:34 pm

nbyte wrote:6. using a midi effect like scales will be represented on the keys in push -> so you can have a scale per track! Scales Midi Effect should also make possible to use microtone scales.
This is a big one for me.

RixiM

Post by RixiM » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:36 pm

It would be nice if I could send notes from my left hand to one midi track and notes from my right hand to a different midi track. Using an instrument rack to split is a crude hack that doesn't really do the above.

panten

Post by panten » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:32 am

Would like to see a MIDI select mode within Clip mode for instrument racks. I've a few ideas about how this could work.

1. Within Clip mode press 'In' to access MIDI select mode.
2. This would allow you to press 2 pads (similar to loop selection in drum rack mode) to select Note range.
3. Then use 2 encoders to set Left/Right for horizontal selection brackets.
4. Congratulations you now have a bunch of MIDI notes selected. Now what?
5. Use 2 more encoders to nudge notes up/down & left/right.
6. Hit Quantize, delete, duplicate, mute etc....
7. Velocity etc.

would like to also see a way to zoom and scroll in the clip view; using 2 more encoders?

I'm tired and can't think of anything else right now.

humnumb

Post by humnumb » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:42 am

panten wrote:would like to also see a way to zoom and scroll in the clip view; using 2 more encoders?
Here's a little something to help inspire a solution for implementing zoom/scroll on the Push: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6z1gDGgULA&t=01m21s

panten

Post by panten » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:34 am

Stepping with pads would also be desirable, esp. if the modifier was temporary but those encoders are just asking to be twiddled.

Out of interest, how does 'that other controller' select multiple MIDI notes?

humnumb

Post by humnumb » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:33 am

panten wrote:Out of interest, how does 'that other controller' select multiple MIDI notes?
To select multiple events in Maschine, you hold down the SELECT button (you can also "pin" it) and press EVENTS. Now when you tap a pad, all events on that pad are selected. You can use the encoders to move the start and end points, pitch, and velocity...etc of a selection. Tap a pad again, and the events of that sound are removed from the selection. ALL selects all events on all pads. There are also hardware shortcuts to quickly select and erase events of a sound like SHIFT + SELECT + pad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcMOrx0pNeE&t=08m07s

One cool trick is moving events in step sequencer mode (press STEP to enter): Hold the pad representing the event you want to move and use the SWING knob to move it around in the pattern.

panten

Post by panten » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:36 am

Ah yes this is almost exactly what I just requested above with the further improvement to that method of being able to select between a range of notes by pressing and holding the 1st note then selecting another somewhere further up/down the scale and it'll select everything inbetween. Then use an encoder to move the selection start/end points in the horizontal axis.

jaune

Post by jaune » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:50 pm

A dedicated interface on the push to control all the parameters of the mono sequencer with the pads...

SuburbanThug

Post by SuburbanThug » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:55 am

This is not only a Push request but I'll throw it here anyway. I'd like to see an option to have recording start at the first midi signal. There used to be a lot of sequencers with this function.

lo.key

Post by lo.key » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:29 pm

SuburbanThug wrote:This is not only a Push request but I'll throw it here anyway. I'd like to see an option to have recording start at the first midi signal. There used to be a lot of sequencers with this function.

that would be dead simple to code up in max...

scientist

Post by scientist » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:31 pm

i'd love to have a layer of user configurability on top of the pre-existing ableton modes, like a "midi-assign" max for live module that can supercede the built in functionality of one or more push messages and can be saved within a preset. e.g.: the ribbon controller is imo horribly underutilized. i'd love to assign it to filter cutoff in synths. or assign the second row of buttons to keyswitches in kontakt instruments.

lo.key

Post by lo.key » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:47 pm

for the record, the raw knob values are much greater than 7bit.

SuburbanThug

Post by SuburbanThug » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:02 pm

lo.key wrote:
SuburbanThug wrote:This is not only a Push request but I'll throw it here anyway. I'd like to see an option to have recording start at the first midi signal. There used to be a lot of sequencers with this function.

that would be dead simple to code up in max...
Sorry, I have yet to dig into programming Max. It's not really something I want to tackle right now as I'm trying to get into a heavy production phase but perhaps I should. It would definitely help my workflow.