is there any way to....

Discuss Push with other users.
mitchell

is there any way to....

Post by mitchell » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:13 pm

flip between the note view and device view? so if im editing notes fullscren i can flip to the vst/deviceon that channel? also any way to delete notes with any off the buttons? still cant believe you can't go from session to arrange, unless you can? back to arrangement button combination?

mitchell

Re: is there any way to....

Post by mitchell » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:33 pm

Funk N. Furter wrote:Edit. I just realised this is the Push forum, and I don't have one, so what I wrote may well be completely useless to you, sorry.

mitchell wrote:flip between the note view and device view? so if im editing notes fullscren i can flip to the vst/deviceon that channel? also any way to delete notes with any off the buttons? still cant believe you can't go from session to arrange, unless you can? back to arrangement button combination?
Yes you flip from Clip View ('note view') to Track View (devices) using F12 or shift tab. If you are on a mac you can also use my method for automating the expansion and folding of the full screen Note Editor.

You also have shortcuts for open/close the Plugin window, cmd alt P or ctrl alt P. Arrow keys also work, but either way requires you to focus first.

You go from Session to Arrange with the tab key.

Delete notes with what buttons? If you mean computer keyboard, it's the delete key. Navigate with the arrow keys.

If you are on a mac, I can show you how to make a whole song without using a mouse.
yeah i am aware of the keyboard hotkeys was wondering about from push itself

whatisvalis

Post by whatisvalis » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:43 pm

Push seems to have awful feedback from Ableton. You would think pressing device or clip would show the device chain or note editor. The browser doesn't seem to update if you navigate somewhere on the computer.

Also, is there a way to open VST GUIs?

humnumb

Post by humnumb » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:37 pm

whatisvalis wrote:Push seems to have awful feedback from Ableton. You would think pressing device or clip would show the device chain or note editor. The browser doesn't seem to update if you navigate somewhere on the computer.

Also, is there a way to open VST GUIs?
Nope, you can't open/close plugin GUIs from Push. You can with Maschine though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSeouoCF92A&t=49s

panten

Post by panten » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:26 pm

whatisvalis wrote:You would think pressing device or clip would show the device chain or note editor.
I thought it did do this. Are you talking about being able to for instance dig into drumRack pads using the 'in' button?
Last edited by panten on Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whatisvalis

Post by whatisvalis » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:35 pm

You're right, my mistake. For some reason when I pressed device the first time after recording nothing happened.