Why do so many people have a push already?

Discuss Push with other users.
fimpson

Why do so many people have a push already?

Post by fimpson » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:32 am

I'm aware they're giving them out to proffesionals and big players in the field, but it seems like every second bedroom producer has one already... why? and where the hell's mine??? (lol)

Kvetch

Re: Why do so many people have a push already?

Post by Kvetch » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:17 am

The only people who have them just now are the people who ordered earliest on March 5th the day the preorders opened. It seems they didn't have many units for the first batch which is why most folks didnt get theirs yet. I live in Scotland so I ordered mine at around 8:45am gmt time on the preorder launch day so I must have been amongst the first couple of hundred to order so I got mine a couple weeks ago, whereas there are some people on the forum who ordered only an hour or 2 later than me and havent got theirs yet as the first batch must have been quite small.

What does your estimate say when you log into the Ableton Stor and go to 'My Account'?

badeshi

Post by badeshi » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:56 am

I just bought mine from shop! after little ringing round found a couple in stock...

enveehaa

Post by enveehaa » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:13 am

Just preordered at a shop somewhere in februari.
MacbookPro
OSX 10.8.3
Live 9.0.4 Suite
Push
PXT Live
YamahaHS50M monitors

fimpson

Post by fimpson » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:41 pm

ahh I see. I assumed everyone who had them had been issued them specifically by ableton for testing etc. I haven't actually bought one yet, planning to though. It was meant to be a joke implying I was worthy of getting an early one lol.

Also how come the preorders have shipped? Isn't the idea a preorder is shipped when the thing is actually released? I thought they'd be sending them all out late this month or something...

towers of silence

Post by towers of silence » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:49 pm

Just because they ran out of stock already doesn't mean it hasn't been officially released! 8)

And yeah, as one of the "anonymous" ableton users, I just preordered mine through a retailer back in January and it was shipped out when the first shipment hit the shop a week or two ago. It is strange that you couldn't preorder through Ableton's own webshop until it was basically about to be released but you could preorder it months in advance from seemingly everywhere else....

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:53 pm

I found a shop online that had 10 in stock 2 weeks ago. My Push arrived last Tuesday. I guess I was lucky, no pre orders or waiting games.

I
Ableton | Elektron

Music

Dillinger63

Post by Dillinger63 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:57 pm

I lucked out an got the last one from The Midi Store here in the USA. Jst FYI, I did a Google search for, Ableton Push for sale and found the one I bought.

Ursadorable

Post by Ursadorable » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:32 pm

I found a music shoppe selling them on eBay, they had 4 new ones listed with a buy it now price of $600 (w/Live Intro). All 4 sold within 2 hours of being listed. Thankfully I snagged the last one.

fimpson

Post by fimpson » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:34 am

this is all making sense now! I haven't investigated other dealers yet lol. I do wonder why ableton are holding off selling it themselves... Maybe they want to help out street retailers?

SuburbanThug

Post by SuburbanThug » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:36 am

fimpson wrote:this is all making sense now! I haven't investigated other dealers yet lol. I do wonder why ableton are holding off selling it themselves... Maybe they want to help out street retailers?
The people who bought direct from Ableton got it first. I got mine a week and a half later from Guitar Center pre-ordered. Pre-orders from Sweetwater have still to ship I think.

djcyph

Post by djcyph » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:42 pm

ordered on the 7th and still got it same day as everyone else pre-orders didnt sell out on 5th or i got lucky some how

greaterthanzero

Post by greaterthanzero » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:41 pm

Sounds about right. With the one additional note that some retailers opened pre-orders much earlier. (I paid for mine though Guitar Center back in January)

aus9

Post by aus9 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:59 am

I preordered on the 17th of March from Musician's Friend and I got mine last week