Post Your Push VST Mappings

Discuss Push with other users.
cyclicAMP

Re: Post Your Push VST Mappings

Post by cyclicAMP » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:03 am

For vst's that have a program list (like NI synths) you could place a simple M4L device before the vst to send it program changes. That M4L device should be controllable from Push. I do this now with the APC40, its pretty sweet.

karlfranz

Post by karlfranz » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:31 am

ezelkow1 wrote:+1 on that but its more down to the vst to either allow mapping of its preset switching. I guess for ones using the old school fxb/p setup though maybe they could do something with push to allow preset changes. At least with massive you could make your program list, but there would still have to be program change functionality added to push to let you do it

Id love to be able to flip presets from push though
Would love the same capability with Omnisphere patches and multis.

mothergarage

Post by mothergarage » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:26 am

Phoscyon drumracked to use with the step sequencer

use Accent for ..umm... accent
change notelength for glide
home | sound | twitter | m4l
Windows 10 64bit - Live 11.0.6 - M4L 8 - RME Babyface/iConnectAUDIO4+

manutech

Post by manutech » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:29 am

cyclicAMP wrote:For vst's that have a program list (like NI synths) you could place a simple M4L device before the vst to send it program changes. That M4L device should be controllable from Push. I do this now with the APC40, its pretty sweet.
You are right . I put DialToProgramChange device before the vst , grouped to instr. rack, mapped program change to the first macro and here it is , i can browse my favourite 128 presets from the knob of push ! Thanks for the tip !

SuburbanThug

Post by SuburbanThug » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:26 pm

Here's one Nebulae posted in Music and Audio for Microtonic http://nebulae.com/live/Neb_Microtonic_Rack_Push.adg

Here's the post if you want to thank him viewtopic.php?f=1&t=192441

manutech

Post by manutech » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:22 am

agent314 wrote:Made any nice mappings of VSTs for use with Push? Upload them here

This is one I made for U-he's Diva. http://bit.ly/10FSSIG
Thanks . I want to add that you can easily change Diva 's presets from push knob.
Put in your Documents\u-he\Diva\Presets\Diva\MIDI Programs\ folder some presets then add a program change max for live device before tha vst and you are ready !
You can also make up to 128 subfolders (of 128 presets each) and browse them with the bank select through m4l device .

toneburst

Post by toneburst » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:18 am

manutech, I'm guessing not. That's one of the things that annoys me about plugin developers using their own proprietary patch formats and browsers- they don't work properly with devices like Push. Maybe it's possible to create your own library of Push-accessible presets for 3rd-party plugins, though. I must investigate.

a|x
alx
http://soundcloud.com/toneburst

noises produced using
Live 9 Suite
MacPro 8-Core 3.2 GHz
MacBook Pro Core Duo 3.06GHz
MacOS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
Novation, Korg, Clavia and E-Mu hardware

mozzatron

Post by mozzatron » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:01 am

BUMP

This is a great thread, until Ableton sort this out, it would be great if more people could add to it. Only got my Psuh yesterday so hopefully i'll have something to contribute soon enough

Evengy

Post by Evengy » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:35 am

agent314 wrote:Made any nice mappings of VSTs for use with Push? Upload them here

It has 8 banks, mapped like so:
Bank 1 - Filter parameters (cutoff, resonance, feedback, envelope, FM, Model, Mode, Color)
Bank 2 - Tuning and Shape for Triple VCO, Oscillator Model, OscMix for Dual VCO
Bank 3 - Mixer for Triple VCO+Noise, Noise Type, Dual VCO osc Env 2
Bank 4 - Settings for Envelopes 1 and 2
Bank 5 - Release On for Analogue envs, Vel/Kybd, Env types, for envs 1 and 2
Bank 6 - Sync osc 2, Sync osc 3, FX1 on, FX 1 type, FX2 on, FX2 module, Filter LFO, Osc LFO
Bank 7 - Accuracy, Mode, Glide time, glide rate vs time, PB up amount, PB down amount, # Voice, # stack
Bank 8 - LFO rate+sync for LFOs 1 and 2, PW for DCO/Dual Osc/Eco, Dual VCO shape, PWM 1/1+2

If you have your own, feel free to share them
thx! :)

djcyph

Post by djcyph » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:58 pm

manutech wrote:
cyclicAMP wrote:For vst's that have a program list (like NI synths) you could place a simple M4L device before the vst to send it program changes. That M4L device should be controllable from Push. I do this now with the APC40, its pretty sweet.
You are right . I put DialToProgramChange device before the vst , grouped to instr. rack, mapped program change to the first macro and here it is , i can browse my favourite 128 presets from the knob of push ! Thanks for the tip !
manutech wrote:

Thanks . I want to add that you can easily change Diva 's presets from push knob.
Put in your Documents\u-he\Diva\Presets\Diva\MIDI Programs\ folder some presets then add a program change max for live device before tha vst and you are ready !
You can also make up to 128 subfolders (of 128 presets each) and browse them with the bank select through m4l device .
is that procedure specific for Diva? or does it apply to every VST?

like for Sylenth1 or Massive, etc..would I be able to put DialToProgramChange before the vst to change the preset or do I have to move some presets around in folders first?

thanks

manutech

Post by manutech » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:07 pm

The procedure with the folders is only for Diva.

For other VSTs (which allow program changing) you just put a program change device before your instrument rack and maybe change a setting in VST's UI (i.e in Massive you must enable the program list setting)

djcyph

Post by djcyph » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:32 pm

thanks....anyone have mappings for Sylenth yet?

also, how are you guys doing the mapping?..im not home right now so cant open the d/ls...in this video, the guy uses an instrument rack, which limits him to 8 macros/parameters. http://youtu.be/Ns9XYcaKLho

is it as easy as hitting map, select bank on Push, turn Knob on push then select parameter on VST? or do you hit configure and it maps them in order?
Last edited by djcyph on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mozzatron

Post by mozzatron » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:40 pm

I'm trying to figure out the same thing. It would be gerat if someone in the know could take the time to put a vid together, sounds like a lot of people would be incredibly grateful! (Including me!!!)

toneburst

Post by toneburst » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:09 pm

I can't check right now, because I'm also away from home, but my understanding is that you can just assign parameters using the Configure button of the plugin instance. The assigned parameters will then appear in Pus, without the need for embedding the plugin inside an Instrument Rack. The advantage of using an instrument rack is that plugin settings and macro assignments can be stored as presets, accessible from Push's browser.

a|x
alx

noises produced using
Live 9 Suite
MacPro 8-Core 3.2 GHz

toneburst

Post by toneburst » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:25 pm

I think you can assign Instrument Rack macro controls to any parameter of a plugin in the instrument rack, and these will appear as the first page of 8 parameters in Push. Any other plugin controls assigned with the Configure option will appear in subsequent banks of 8 controls in Push. Again, can't check, but I think that's the way it works. All the assignments will be saved with the rack preset, hence the point of this thread.

a|x
alx

noises produced using
Live 9 Suite
MacPro 8-Core 3.2 GHz