Drum Rack with Microtonic, Designed for Push

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
nebulae

Drum Rack with Microtonic, Designed for Push

Post by nebulae » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:00 am

Those of you who have Microtonic (still one of the best drum synths out there, see soniccharge.com), I've created a Live 9 rack of eight pads that trigger various sounds with Microtonic. I love MT because it is very low on CPU and sounds amazing. This rack has 8 instances of MT, one in each pad, and then macros assigned to some of the more used parameters. If you use Push, this will enable you to cook some cool beats and use the encoders up top to drastically vary the sounds while playing. Enjoy! http://nebulae.com/live/Neb_Microtonic_Rack_Push.adg

beats me

Re: Drum Rack with Microtonic, Designed for Push

Post by beats me » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:27 pm

Please rephrase this post in the form of a problem or complaint so it will get some attention. Try to be over the top about it.

Thanks.

PS. Whatever you did there, Maschine already does and does it better. Discuss.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:35 pm

Blow me.

*hugs*

(BTW, Mike, call me on Saturday afternoon...French Quarter Fest is this weekend, and I want to tell you about all the bands, food, and hot ass you're missing out on.)

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:08 pm

nebulae wrote:Blow me.

Those are discussion startin’ words here!

I haven’t upgraded to Live 9 yet, don’t know if I will ever get Push. My APC40 has pretty much been a major dust collector from day 1. I also don’t perform live, but when I do I prefer Dos Equis. But I’m sure somebody on here will appreciate what you did once the dust settles on everybody talking about Push’s shortcomings.

Microtonic is a great plug but rarely gets a mention anymore. I’m sure there are plenty of noobs (anybody who started producing in the last 3 or 4 years) who have never even heard of it.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:33 pm

^ agreed with all of the above. When I do a video using it and showing people how to build a rack that can do this kind of cool shit using Push, they will know. And they will love me.

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:09 pm

Do the Microtonic people still have that site that will generate random kits with patterns it plays on the browser and you can download it and add it to your library? That was/is dope.

Bagatell

Post by Bagatell » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:06 pm

beats me wrote:Do the Microtonic people still have that site that will generate random kits with patterns it plays on the browser and you can download it and add it to your library? That was/is dope.

Yep.

http://soniccharge.com/patternarium

nowtime

Post by nowtime » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:47 pm

Thanks for the rack. Tried 8.4 yesterday and realized Microtonic is still 32 bit only.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:25 pm

^ Now this is worth talking about. I went back and forth during the L9 beta on 32bit vs. 64bit. I tried jBridge, and tested out the ram limits and what not. I always came back to 32 because 1) I never get close to a 3gb limit on ram on my Live usage, and 2) I cannot live without my 32bit plugs. Now on Reaper, the 64bit version comes with its own bridge, and it works seamlessly. In Live, I found 64bit to be slightly less stable in the beta (maybe they fixed all those issues). But the real problem was that jBridge was practically unusable because of a strange popup window that comes up every time I tweak the plugin. And as you can now guess, I love Sylenth1 and the Microtonic plugs way too much to go with L9-64. So for me, 32 is the way to go for the foreseeable future.

Also, I had an hour-long gig last week, where all my songs were split into clips that were wav files. I never topped out over 1gb of ram usage in Live. So I really see no need to go with 64-bit any time soon.

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:27 pm

nebulae wrote:^ agreed with all of the above. When I do a video using it and showing people how to build a rack that can do this kind of cool shit using Push, they will know. And they will love me.
:lol:

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:39 pm

hahaha ^ Si, I'm so glad you get my absurd sense of humor!

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:01 pm

I already love you Neb, but if I had a Push & Microtonic Drums, I would love you even more. :D

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:11 pm

Bagatell wrote:
beats me wrote:Do the Microtonic people still have that site that will generate random kits with patterns it plays on the browser and you can download it and add it to your library? That was/is dope.

Yep.

http://soniccharge.com/patternarium

Sweet! :)

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:24 pm

Sibanger wrote:I already love you Neb, but if I had a Push & Microtonic Drums, I would love you even more. :D
If you loved me 14.7% more, I would return that love by at least 26.87% by the third quarter of 2013. However, please keep in mind that past performance is not a guarantee of future performance.

locknar

Post by locknar » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:30 pm

Last edited by locknar on Wed May 01, 2013 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.