Compare your Push's sensitivity. Post video.

Discuss Push with other users.
SuburbanThug

Compare your Push's sensitivity. Post video.

Post by SuburbanThug » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:59 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEa2MXHBkB0

This is using the firmware contained in the 9 Suite demo version 9.0.1. I can't update the demo any further than that. There is no curve available in this version and the sensitivity only has a range of -1 to +4. This video is shot with sensitivity set to +3 with the positive values representing higher sensitivity which I hear is different than most versions where the negative values represent higher sensitivities. Perhaps try to make sure your software is updated in order to represent where Ableton is at with regards to Push's firmware at this current time.
Last edited by SuburbanThug on Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Rosko

Re: A video demonstrating the Push's pad sensitivity

Post by Rosko » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:21 pm

Interesting, its hard to know exactly how hard you are pressing your pads from the video but it looks like yours are far more sensitive than mine. My pads are set to -10 threshold & log 3 & i still seem much less sensitive.

SuburbanThug

Post by SuburbanThug » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:30 pm

Huh. I'm using the demo version of Live right now so I hope that doesn't make a difference. It's set to +3. There is no option to set the curve in the demo I have. I hope when the demo runs out I'm not left with a lack of sensitivity. The demo allows you settings from -1 to +4.

Rosko

Post by Rosko » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:42 pm

You are limited to the sensitivity in the user setting on push because live is in demo? Or is there a setting in live itself?

SuburbanThug

Post by SuburbanThug » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:54 pm

The setting depends on the version you are using. Everything Push can do depends on the script your version of Live contains. It's just a hunk of machinery. All the programming is contained within the program and is communicated to the hardware.

Rosko

Post by Rosko » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:26 pm

ok. I think the push units must vary a fair bit in terms of sensitivity. I just can't reproduce that demo unless i go right down to -19, then it starts to go a bit crazy.

SuburbanThug

Post by SuburbanThug » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:40 pm

Okay. I'm not very excited to hear this to say the least. For my sake I hope it's just your particular unit. Sorry to say that. I've been very happy with the sensitivity the way I've had it. If it's not able to keep this particular level of sensitivity when I go to the Intro version I'm going to be a bit pissed off.

Upright

Post by Upright » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:12 pm

My question is how did you get the pad layout for the Drum Racks on the right hand side like that? My pad layout for Drum Racks is on the left.

SuburbanThug

Post by SuburbanThug » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:15 pm

It's not actually like that. They are on the left side. It's common for cameras to film a mirror image I think?

Is the sensitivity of your Push comparable to what you see in the video? What version of Live are you using?

Upright

Post by Upright » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:29 pm

SuburbanThug wrote:It's not actually like that. They are on the left side. It's common for cameras to film a mirror image I think?

Is the sensitivity of your Push comparable to what you see in the video? What version of Live are you using?

Ah, I see. Yes my pads are about the same. I think I set them to Log 3 or 4 and they work perfect. I'm using Live 9 Suite. One thing I have noticed is that Push doesn't seem to save the Log settings, once I turn Push off and back on I usually have to re-adjust the Log settings. I'll have to check into to this for certain but I do know that I have had to change the settings a few times, while other times it seems to be just fine.

SuburbanThug

Post by SuburbanThug » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:34 pm

Upright wrote:
SuburbanThug wrote:It's not actually like that. They are on the left side. It's common for cameras to film a mirror image I think?

Ah, I see. Yes my pads are about the same. I think I set them to Log 3 or 4 and they work perfect. I'm using Live 9 Suite. One thing I have noticed is that Push doesn't seem to save the Log settings, once I turn Push off and back on I usually have to re-adjust the Log settings. I'll have to check into to this for certain but I do know that I have had to change the settings a few times, while other times it seems to be just fine.
Mine are saved even when I open a new project. Seems using the demo is giving me a different situation than many owners. Kind of disappointing since I'm trying to get a feel for what owning Suite will be like. I think that's the idea of a demo? :lol:

Upright

Post by Upright » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:54 pm

SuburbanThug wrote:
Mine are saved even when I open a new project. Seems using the demo is giving me a different situation than many owners. Kind of disappointing since I'm trying to get a feel for what owning Suite will be like. I think that's the idea of a demo? :lol:

I'll have to be sure but the functionality you're experiencing with the demo should be the same when you get the full version....I don't think anything will change. :)

SuburbanThug

Post by SuburbanThug » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:03 pm

No. I downloaded the beta and I had the settings everyone else has.

Upright

Post by Upright » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:09 pm

That's strange. I'm still having a blast but would like to see some added functionality, hopefully they'll update Live at some point.

SuburbanThug

Post by SuburbanThug » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:28 pm

It's been updated a few times. You've probably been updated already if you have automatic updating selected in your preferences. I think they are going on 9.0.4 at this point. I had the 9.0.3beta for a minute. I think the newer updates might be available in the Music and Production forum stickied at the top. Might just be betas. You can see the updates they've made here: https://www.ableton.com/en/articles/liv ... ase-notes/