Why I hate this forum.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Dillinger63

Re: Why I hate this forum.

Post by Dillinger63 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:55 am

Theo Void wrote:Hi there.
Welcome to the internet
Have you visited before?

A fellow Pittsburgher. I was born there, and a die hard Steelers fan. When I retire (again) I plan on moving back there from Illinois. PS, I love them sandwiches from Primanti Brothers.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:57 am

The popularity grows!

But on a serious note, it really does seem like the OP at times. It's like "crap, I've got a problem" and it's crickets.......but if it's something else it blows up! (and no, I don't mean the hard drive) :lol:

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:58 am

While I've got your attention, the "lol" sign would look much more realistic if it was shaped like a horse.

d.reamonn

Post by d.reamonn » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:11 pm

https://soundcloud.com/maybe-logic

"I wanted to not like your [music], but it's actually pretty awesome. Banana hammock."
- eddiex

andydes

Post by andydes » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:31 pm

Technical problems can be very specific to equipment, plugins, particular workflows, blah, blah, blah*. Not everyone can answer the questions, but they usually get answered eventually. However everyone can jump into a good winge thread like this.

*some of us barely know what we're doing anyway.

prprprpr

Post by prprprpr » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:16 pm

Glad that someone agree with me.

[quote="

*some of us barely know what we're doing anyway.[/quote]

exactly, go and figure out why you are born in this world people. you can even try to smoke DMT.

Theo Void

Post by Theo Void » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:56 pm

Dillinger63 wrote:
Welcome to the internet
Have you visited before?

A fellow Pittsburgher. I was born there, and a die hard Steelers fan. When I retire (again) I plan on moving back there from Illinois. PS, I love them sandwiches from Primanti Brothers.
Yessir!! I love the steelers and of course the Pens. Primantis is definitely amazing too!
I stay in the north side and though its gotten a bit ghetto, I still love It here in the Burgh!
For years all I wanted to do was get the f$&@" outta here. So I left and lived in other cities for a while but I always ended up back in Pittsburgh. We have a pretty decent EDM scene here and the heroin has died down quite a bit in the last few years.
Yinz should get down here!! It's a great city.

Dillinger63

Post by Dillinger63 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:52 pm

Theo Void wrote:
Dillinger63 wrote:
Welcome to the internet
Have you visited before?

Yessir!! I love the steelers and of course the Pens. Primantis is definitely amazing too!
I stay in the north side and though its gotten a bit ghetto, I still love It here in the Burgh!
For years all I wanted to do was get the f$&@" outta here. So I left and lived in other cities for a while but I always ended up back in Pittsburgh. We have a pretty decent EDM scene here and the heroin has died down quite a bit in the last few years.
Yinz should get down here!! It's a great city.
My wife and I are heading that way over the 4th of July for our 30th anniversary. (I'm probably one of the older Abe users here) I've always been a techno geek when it comes to computer generated music and my first keyboard was a Moog Opus with the first version of Cakewalk that was released.

In the meantime we make our own Primanti sandwiches until we get back to the Burgh.

http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2011/07/2 ... -sandwich/

Theo Void

Post by Theo Void » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:36 am

Nice!!! Go Pittsburgh!!!

3osc

Post by 3osc » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:47 am

prprprpr wrote:Because some idiot complaining about free samples gets more responses and attention than the people who have technical or some other issues, because when someone posts awesome link about creativity it goes down, because of meaningless threads. Because ableton locked amazing users help exchange thread. That just my opinion and what i'm thinking, don't take it personally, i'm just an audio geek sitting at home at friday. Glad that gearslutz forum exists:)
If you replace almost every word in this post with 'dubstep', I might be inclined to agree.

Wubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwub.......

prprprpr

Post by prprprpr » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:22 am

3osc wrote:
prprprpr wrote:Because some idiot complaining about free samples gets more responses and attention than the people who have technical or some other issues, because when someone posts awesome link about creativity it goes down, because of meaningless threads. Because ableton locked amazing users help exchange thread. That just my opinion and what i'm thinking, don't take it personally, i'm just an audio geek sitting at home at friday. Glad that gearslutz forum exists:)
If you replace almost every word in this post with 'dubstep', I might be inclined to agree.

Wubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwub.......
Go smoke DMT

Post by 102455 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:38 am

Dillinger63 wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:RELEASE THE BADGERS!!
and The Kracken!
No.

BRING OUT THE GIMP!

Broomptish

Post by Broomptish » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:39 am

prprprpr wrote:
Go smoke DMT[/quote]

Good advice! for all your dmt needs https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/

J0n35y

Post by J0n35y » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:49 am

Maschine is better than Push!

darkenedsoul

Post by darkenedsoul » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:01 pm

Funk N. Furter wrote:
prprprpr wrote:Because some idiot complaining about free samples gets more responses and attention than the people who have technical or some other issues,
Agreed, as a general point, though I wouldn't call the OP of that thread an idiot.
prprprpr wrote: because when someone posts awesome link about creativity it goes down, because of meaningless threads.
Agreed, though it's just as likely to go up - in a blaze.

prprprpr wrote: Because ableton locked amazing users help exchange thread.
Agreed! Why was that?
prprprpr wrote: i'm just an audio geek sitting at home at friday.
No, you are a very wise person.
prprprpr wrote: Glad that gearslutz forum exists:)
Slutz is ok, but it's a commercial endeavour, and as such they can act like aresholes. For instance if I posted a thread which was basically a link to a thread on here or a tutorial on my site, I could get an infraction for it. Ableton don't do that on here. The forum users do though sometimes obviously. The good thing about Slutz is it's only the mods you have to worry about.
Thanks for your comment Funken. And I do attempt to help others on this forum as I can, be it know what the issue could be or toss out some ideas. And I stopped on that thread because it took a life of its own and still semi-going lol. And yeah, I've asked for some input/help and gotten the crickets over the years. I do attempt to search the forum for answers before posting a help question. Anyways, back to work for me!
http://www.darkenedsoul.net - main website
Ableton Live 8.x/9.x : NI Komplete 8 : Home built 4690K 16GB 500GB SSD, 1TB 7200, 2x2TB.