Script to change the LED From Green when pushed

Discuss Push with other users.
JLaws

Script to change the LED From Green when pushed

Post by JLaws » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:37 pm

Is there a script that can allow a different color when pushed or a random LED color when pushed instead of the typical green? I think it's more showman ship if we can have different colors with no boundaries. I'm not too experienced on how to change scripts so step by step would be great.

Thank You

lo.key

Re: Script to change the LED From Green when pushed

Post by lo.key » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:30 pm

a different colour is easy, just replace the colour name in the py script. A random colour would be slightly trickier, but very doable.

I personally would like a different colour between the pressed pad, and a duplicate note...

JLaws

Post by JLaws » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:31 pm

lo.key wrote:a different colour is easy, just replace the colour name in the py script. A random colour would be slightly trickier, but very doable.

I personally would like a different colour between the pressed pad, and a duplicate note...
How would I go about doing this?

featherodd

Post by featherodd » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:30 pm

JLaws

Post by JLaws » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:30 pm

featherodd wrote:
JLaws wrote:How would I go about doing this?
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=192043

http://julienbayle.net/ableton-push/#howtos
Thank you, I seem to be having a problem. No matter which version of python I use I can not get it to open the script. On older version I get a "bad magic number error" and on new versions it asks me to convert it to a UTF-8 and if I wanna use US-ascii to convert it. I say yes and it gets a "failed to decode"

I just want to change the skindefault.pyc from when it's blinking green lauched clip to just a flash of Blue.

lo.key

Post by lo.key » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:42 pm

you should be able to open these .py (not the compiled .pyc) scripts with a text editor.