I'd like to give the Live Intro that came with Push away..

Discuss Push with other users.
[art]

Re: I'd like to give the Live Intro that came with Push away..

Post by [art] » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:34 am

If u create a new account for Push, you would probably get Live Intro, via download. That's my guess anyway.

If u register Push with your same account, you wont get it.

However, I'd be inclined to register Push with my account that owns Suite, surely helping towards upgrade costs in the future.

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:58 am

[art] wrote:If u create a new account for Push, you would probably get Live Intro, via download. That's my guess anyway.

If u register Push with your same account, you wont get it.

However, I'd be inclined to register Push with my account that owns Suite, surely helping towards upgrade costs in the future.
@[art] Well, from what David has replied in this thread just half an hour ago, I do not think that is the case, (nor should it be), but because of the seemingly different reply given to another user by Ableton support, it is a bit confusing! This is why I am asking David for further clarification. I should be able to register Push on my existing account & receive the Live Intro license as advertised. I should not have to create a new user account. The communication around this has been muddy. It needs to be clarified.

“... it was just to make an average listener go: ‘What the fuck is this?’ That’s a real inspiration for me and something that I will explore more on upcoming recordings.”
- Wally De Backer (Gotye) quoting Ween's intention behind making records

[art]

Post by [art] » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:22 am

I wouldn't care if Push were 50 bucks less for that reason. But since it isn't, yeah. I agree with you. A serial for Intro is in order.

Upright

Post by Upright » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:34 pm

[art] wrote:I wouldn't care if Push were 50 bucks less for that reason. But since it isn't, yeah. I agree with you. A serial for Intro is in order.

I agree. And I'm really curious as to know what happens if I sell Push, does the buyer get Intro. This almost makes me want to take Push back and buy it again so I can register it under a separate account to ensure I get the Intro license. ....I just might do that.

Dalmu

Post by Dalmu » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:32 pm

Seems to me that Ableton is being pretty dumb on this (verging on illegal 'bait-and-switch' behavior). If they had the caveat, they should have noted it in writing. If 'every' version of Push comes with Live 9 Intro, then why don't I have it?

In addition, if I bought push already owning suite, and I sold or transferred my intro version, there would be one more Live 9 user. If that person really liked Live, they would probably upgrade/get a push, so they're missing out on potential sales anyway.

WTF Ableton

ezelkow1

Post by ezelkow1 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:41 pm

Ableton_David wrote:Just a quick FYI, if you purchased Push with an upgrade to Ableton Live 9 or Ableton Live 9 Suite, then you do not get a license for Live 9 Intro.
Mine was purchased from a third party retailer and explicitly says it comes with ableton, it was not purchased from ableton as an upgrade. So should I then be able to get an intro license despite what support told me?

Ive also sent a support message at the middle of last week just asking if I were to sell my push in the future, not that Im actually thinking about it but its necessary to know, if the new owner would get a copy of intro since I have none to transfer to them. I have not received any response on that yet either

ezelkow1

Post by ezelkow1 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:45 pm

Looks like they might be starting to sort it all out. I dont think they had any way to tell who purchased as part of an upgrade or not. Today I got an email from support saying they verified that I did not purchase push as part of an upgrade and so they issued me an intro license

davidsl222

Post by davidsl222 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:04 pm

ezelkow1 wrote:Looks like they might be starting to sort it all out. I dont think they had any way to tell who purchased as part of an upgrade or not. Today I got an email from support saying they verified that I did not purchase push as part of an upgrade and so they issued me an intro license
I'm still fighting with them about this. I'm really disappointed that the Abe's are not doing as they advertised.

Good Night Life

Post by Good Night Life » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:07 pm

+1, what a joke.

davidsl222

Post by davidsl222 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:17 pm

With some back and forth with support they agreed to send an Intro license directly to the person I was going to give it to. That works for me.

Upright

Post by Upright » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:50 pm

davidsl222 wrote:With some back and forth with support they agreed to send an Intro license directly to the person I was going to give it to. That works for me.

I'm hoping they'll do the same for me.

Asymmetricalmusic

Post by Asymmetricalmusic » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:01 pm

That is crap!

At least give us $100 worth of something Packs! Samples! M4L Devices! Whatever!

I haven't filed a claim yet but don't feel I should have to.

They should know I bought Push by me registering it and see I'm an existing user! Existing user means I paid Ableton already! I'd buy more but not if you won't keep up on your integrity up.........

they need to email us the shit they owe us!

My "Fuck you Ableton" thread is closed but I'm tempted to start another one! :twisted: