Where's Live 9.0.3 gone???

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mozzatron

Where's Live 9.0.3 gone???

Post by mozzatron » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:40 pm

Just realised i didn't download all of the file when i went to update, now i can't find it anywhere on the Ableton website to re-download?

I also have auto update on but it doesn't seem to have auto-updated anything?

ze2be

Re: Where's Live 9.0.3 gone???

Post by ze2be » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:05 pm

mozzatron wrote:Just realised i didn't download all of the file when i went to update, now i can't find it anywhere on the Ableton website to re-download?

I also have auto update on but it doesn't seem to have auto-updated anything?
It was pulled back for some adjustments. They said a week or something.

Common Ableton, push it out already! I need it like right now! :D

<3

TYLRbass

Post by TYLRbass » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:35 pm

I was wondering the same thing.. I wonder if people who had downloaded and installed right away just get to use the 9.0.3 that was prematurely released?

Quick! Someone post a thread where we can bitch and moan about this minor inconvenience!

doubleUG

Post by doubleUG » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:06 pm

some of my sets crash when loaded in 9.0.3 :evil:
copy the text, open Live > drag in empty M4L device > open Max editor > paste > save M4L device
https://docs.cycling74.com/max8/vignett ... ng_patches

https://doubleUG.bandcamp.com/releases

Michael Hatsis

Post by Michael Hatsis » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:19 am

TYLRbass wrote:I was wondering the same thing.. I wonder if people who had downloaded and installed right away just get to use the 9.0.3 that was prematurely released?

Quick! Someone post a thread where we can bitch and moan about this minor inconvenience!
I know your joking around but one does have to wonder about all these mistakes they are making lately. This by itself isn't a big deal, but if you add to it the fact that the Live 9 video was leaked, the upgrade price fiasco x2, that the 9.02 demo had a problem upon release. Some of the changes in Live 9...all this has gotta make one wonder. No?

Mike

foetus666

Post by foetus666 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:43 am

mike@TrackTeam Audio wrote:
TYLRbass wrote:I was wondering the same thing.. I wonder if people who had downloaded and installed right away just get to use the 9.0.3 that was prematurely released?

I know your joking around but one does have to wonder about all these mistakes they are making lately. This by itself isn't a big deal, but if you add to it the fact that the Live 9 video was leaked, the upgrade price fiasco x2, that the 9.02 demo had a problem upon release. Some of the changes in Live 9...all this has gotta make one wonder. No?

Mike
I am wondering why the launchpad not being recognized on startup and the laggy set opening times was not addressed in beta. I am sick of sitting around waiting for sets to open on 9 that used to take a few seconds on live 8 and very tired of having to unplug my launchpad and plug it back in to be recognized. I am a whining live 9 upgrade whore :lol:

Seriously though I do wonder where ableton are going as the use of a once snappy program has become laggy and frustrating.

Dare I mention it but I am looking forward to Demoing Bitwig when it comes out. I feel soiled on as so many projects I have now are in 9 and I just want to go back to 8 x64 for quicker load times but the amount of work involved is huge to get sets happening again in 8.

I am hoping that the devolopers are reading this and working towards solutions to make live 9 as responsive as 8. Fuking live 9 sucks dick.Why the fuck are they trying to fix things that weren't broken (browser)

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:57 am

I bought 9 but I havent installed it yet. Working on 8 still. I was under the impression 9.0.3 was good enough to go. Do you think I shold wait a few more updates? Im a heavy user of Live so im not touching 9 before its tight.

The things im eager to get going with is the new eq and compressor. The "bread and butter" everyday stuf. Im mixing down a load of tracks now and a few months forward, and im using these fx in 8 on every track. Its very tempting to do the jump; try to load the projects in 9 and adjust the updated fx. It can be a huge extra load of work that I dont have time to. And I dont want to get stuck in situations like some of the stories told here.

SuburbanThug

Post by SuburbanThug » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:39 am

^You'd better wait. 9.0.3 isn't happening right now because of major issues using plug-ins with it. Don't really know how it made it out the gate in that condition. Now somebody on here is saying they couldn't get it synced to another computer without it crashing constantly. Think 9's got a little ways to go yet if you're into heavy usage. I'm having fun with it but I don't run very heavy projects or exploit the shit out of it like some of ya'll do.

david.barker

Post by david.barker » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:20 am

Think most of the good developers have defected to Bitwig,ha,ha :D

But seriously though, the updates should have been properly tested before release :?:

Ok I understand,that the beta testers,test the software and that the software is then released to us the customers,to help find more bugs etc

But they got to realize how inconvenient to those that use Live to make a living,having to keep updating or re installing

Im not one of those fortunately .But there has to be a much better way of testing the software before release.

Live is a great product, for sure, but more could be done.

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:56 am

mike@TrackTeam Audio wrote:

Mike
I think they are under pressure. BitWig is raising and Linux compatible.. with all that it means.

My2Cents.
Mac Studio M1
Live 12 Suite,Zebra ,Valhalla Plugins, MIDI Guitar (2+3),Guitar, Bass, VG99, GP10, JV1010 and some controllers

mozzatron

Post by mozzatron » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:44 pm

I just wanted to load up the Disco (AKA Biwig) skin! :lol:

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:25 pm

Does 9.0.3 fix the bug where my upgrade price to 9 is more than I want to pay?

:x