Happy with Live 9?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Blendton

Re: Happy with Live 9?

Post by Blendton » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:15 pm

Wow

[quoting John Zoidberg MD]

"Yeahhhhhh ! FINALLY ! Peeeople are payin' attention to meeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!!! :arrow: :lol:

[fictional but legendary moron quoting
:arrow: done]

Well... I used to be receiving <unknown_variable_welcome_or_similar : _> everytime I begin to post somewhere soooo...

Why I wouldn't never have given up for here, even if garbage is everywhere and war is lost for a while in fact, is that "I always will respect Ableton because of what they did by merging in this i,dustry which has this boring stagnation ; if not some new stuff being just existing stuff under new scheme to integrate your workflow or ... BTW you understood. [sentence_waiting_for_an_ending >>> maybe doing this each time will bring light to my words, and I assume being an asshole so thinking about bring you light makes me scare lol]

>>> And even if I was not trying to say some already hard stuff for nativeb language, I mean hard tyo find accurate words because of the power French's vocabulary use to have, Engliosh vocabulary's power is strong but different because you are killers to say so much while talking the more sketchy/punchy you can do.

Anyway you freaky kind smart and clever members from this now lost "elite" community, I mean Abe's musical speaking tool which now really isn't more than "a forum".

1/ Question ? Answer, you asshole ! >>> Solved :D !!! + BONUS THANKS from the asshole after calling him a hole in the butt, wanna some .jpg ? lol

IT'S OVER. Musicians know and often like solving p^roblems if not recurring too often of course.

Q ? = A ! for emergency purpose >>> IDEM, it's over, forget it.

2/ You guys may be assholes, who knows, but at least, you know it wasn't hard or brainstorming to find where's the point and where there isn't any because no need to have a point since the place is infected.

I prefer writing long unreadable "one-shots" with holes / gaps / missing start & ends to what I was about to say, before switching and well you read that ? You don't need me to do courses lol.

Thanks for be clever and be aware of what I call "smart humor, looks like written by a retarded mind, but why your 2nd attempt make it clear sometimes miss me, it was also a feature common when posting on musical forums, you know, we're artists, I mean... an artist cannont be unable to figure out what can be done my themself like fix the auto fade-ouut at every clip ends for instance, when I stated that being more than just "recurring", >>> browse menus, read, chechbox found. Shitty "feature" OFF farewell back to work...

I hope anyway be more entertaining even if later (better than never), I sometimes wonders myself how can I have such a boring passion like EDM/IDM/make people dancing or the best, go to some fuck, the graal among the goals I used to have while performing live ;)...

You clever. Me happy for tonight. Found people able to not ask before thinking. Pause of my assumed confused state for the moment. (you know, Like, hard, problems love falling by dozens together, here I finally found what I was searching : still brained human beings, thanks guys.

Being smiling while the line ends...

Thanks again, really. ;)
Antoine, aka Blendton.

Ableton Live 9 Suite (64-bit) & Ableton Suite 8 + Max for Live (32-bit)
Toshiba Qosmio F750 + lenticular glasses-free 3D
i7 2670QM 2,20GHz - 2x4GB DDR3-1333 - 5400rpm HDD

SuburbanThug

Post by SuburbanThug » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:50 pm

It's certainly my pleasure. Reading your posts are one of the more entertaining reasons to read these threads.

Blendton

Post by Blendton » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:25 pm

SuburbanThug wrote:It's certainly my pleasure. Reading your posts are one of the more entertaining reasons to read these threads.
Two *** WARNING *** ...................... SERIOUS stuff I HAVE TO somehow somewhere why not here because prettty confidential : for real, the job is saving lifes or manage mentally ill inmates. I'm a nurse practitioner, severely "gifted" too early and as a result occuring in most similar cases, severe combined ADHD with almost every traits and having been or encounter what is taken in account to state the diagnosys unfortunately remaining "severe" and manage it like we can.

Despite Ritaline being illegal to sell to adults in France, I'm taken in charge by medical "big bosses" for being on drug, yeah, RITALINE LA 40mg, gour caps per day, officialy being some exception
for future revisions about ADHD being finally having a final "status" in France, where they're still wondering about its existence being linked to contextual or societal considerations, or being real bneurological trait affecting whoever it want to, but having 155 IQ at 29 after being scored 140 at 13 seem to be sort of exceptional enough to produce a healthcare professional switching between rea:post-rea/emergencies and the mental care part dealing with mainly addiction related young people, and trusting the doc, I mean mu boss, saying I'm gifted in managing temering "about to happen" psychotic / maniac or depressive episodes from bipolarI/II and borderline affected young adults.

Music and the serious tone we used to take here before saying welcome to pllution without guessing that will curse forever what was a place to learn, BEFORE...

As a hyperactive inattentive if not under pressure to care about everything not being myself, it can explain why I only post "ione-shots" not editing even what catched as "inaccurate", resulting in missing starts or ending the initial sentence... I pay for unlimited international celllular plan too, because English may point an additional issue with OVERALL WRITTEN communication. Here, Facebook in fact alll the web style of sharing by discuss is booring, inacurrate and defective by design.

I must figure out something with US/UK people ? I call him when if it's agreed both side, BTW spending some time of an absolute unlimited plan already paid, caling or shut up costs the same.

I hate the web as a comm' tool. It's not just about accuracy, I just share that point of view : insane way to create false virtual interactions and/or insane by design befrinding tool.

And I in fact don't want to write the "2/ ......." thing for the moment, considering sharing -private content and 100% off topic posting, assumed twice already, ready to redo it if necessary.

Because since interesting music discussing is hard to conceive, only by real face to face with tools at hands or when not possible, quick call >>> THAT, is the "sane" sharing way.

Enough serious mode, I go back to boring sampling & slicing sounds I need to call and use as "samples"...

Hoping the point here was not postinf mylife.net but put some real and co,ncrete real life and as you may guess serious stuff into a silly sterile x pages long thread about tastes and colors...

Sorry to mates wondering about my mental state : this place surely is the only one when my mental state can be some source for questions, jokes or doubts. But since this post won't be read by many, I hope so, I'd like view some reading like these personnal thoughts I shared as an act to bring back some "thinking 24/7" and "human" taste at the top of a pile of garbage with some good stuff unfortunately more hard to find for reding again because, the last (good stuff) shall never be melted wuith the fortmer (garbage) in any case BTW.

If any part of this one is so bad written there's still ANY question, I will answer ANY question to fix the ambiguity.

If you reached that line after reading all that stuff above, thank you to have accepted receiving pices of real life, and again, if (because when serious mode ambiguity is forbidden), any sharing with sane people able to think without asking someone then believe they think after having just picked up others thoughts...

Warm regards dudes, and best wishes. If off-topic posting makes you mad, mu apologizes in advance.

Done.
Antoine, aka Blendton.

SuburbanThug

Post by SuburbanThug » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:07 am

I'm going to have to come back and read this later while I'm eating dinner.

foetus666

Post by foetus666 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:52 am

DrWashington wrote:
This is kind of my whole point: Ableton has had THREE YEARS to get it right. They could have done a public beta or something and squashed a lot of these bugs, but they chose not to and to focus most of their resources on Push development. Live 8 was initially hell to work with, so I was using Live 7 for about a year after the initial Live 8 release.

By contrast, Steinberg has mostly been getting it right with their *.0 releases lately. I don't know how, but they have been, and Cubase isn't a live sequencer--it's one of the original DAWs.

My whole point is that for a program that is designed for use in a live context primarily (there is nothing else like it currently), EXTRA EMPHASIS should be placed on making major new releases suitable for live use. In other words, these simple, silly little bugs that are infuriating for live musicians and DJs that should have easily been caught somehow slip by, and god knows how long it's going to take for Ableton to squash them! I've supported this company for a long, long time and have purchased every major upgrade. I'm about at the end of my rope, though.

I'm running it on a Lenovo W530 with an i7 3820QM (3.7GHz max), 32GB CAS 9 1600MHz RAM, Crucial M500 960GB SSD, etc. A very, very fast laptop. And yet, it still takes a while to launch. I can only imagine how bad it would be on a 5400RPM drive.

It's just disappointing. Hot keys for quantize values, for instance, simply should not have been missed in the beta phase. This is incredibly basic stuff!
Launch times in live 9 are pathetic compared to live 8. I am on a 5400rpm drive and 9 is a nightmare. It's really starting to grate on me.
Live 8 load times are snappy even on my 5400rpm drive. (i7 Qosmio) The F^&king indexing process always seems to be poking it's hairy C^&K in where it is not wanted.

The lack of improvement on basic stuff is also a huge let down.

Live 9 is a piece of poo. Now that the honeymoon period has worn off I am sorely disappointed that I upgraded.

Blendton

Post by Blendton » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:24 am

foetus666 wrote:
DrWashington wrote:
This is kind of my whole point: Ableton has had THREE YEARS to get it right. They could have done a public beta or something and squashed a lot of these bugs, but they chose not to and to focus most of their resources on Push development. Live 8 was initially hell to work with, so I was using Live 7 for about a year after the initial Live 8 release.

By contrast, Steinberg has mostly been getting it right with their *.0 releases lately. I don't know how, but they have been, and Cubase isn't a live sequencer--it's one of the original DAWs.

My whole point is that for a program that is designed for use in a live context primarily (there is nothing else like it currently), EXTRA EMPHASIS should be placed on making major new releases suitable for live use. In other words, these simple, silly little bugs that are infuriating for live musicians and DJs that should have easily been caught somehow slip by, and god knows how long it's going to take for Ableton to squash them! I've supported this company for a long, long time and have purchased every major upgrade. I'm about at the end of my rope, though.

I'm running it on a Lenovo W530 with an i7 3820QM (3.7GHz max), 32GB CAS 9 1600MHz RAM, Crucial M500 960GB SSD, etc. A very, very fast laptop. And yet, it still takes a while to launch. I can only imagine how bad it would be on a 5400RPM drive.

It's just disappointing. Hot keys for quantize values, for instance, simply should not have been missed in the beta phase. This is incredibly basic stuff!
Launch times in live 9 are pathetic compared to live 8. I am on a 5400rpm drive and 9 is a nightmare. It's really starting to grate on me.
Live 8 load times are snappy even on my 5400rpm drive. (i7 Qosmio) The F^&king indexing process always seems to be poking it's hairy C^&K in where it is not wanted.

The lack of improvement on basic stuff is also a huge let down.

Live 9 is a piece of poo. Now that the honeymoon period has worn off I am sorely disappointed that I upgraded.
Hi, no like if I answer for joke on you, as said before I run on a qosmio with its 5400rpm hdd but no difference being not pro live 9 because my true opinion is that because boyh Abe AND custers did crap : abe believed their userbase having giessed how to process install and never be hearing about what I read so

Few solutions : i lie, why TF i would but you not being me maybe I'M lying or not... But the theory that MY setup is a process very meticulous takin care of the installing and indexing of the database file, being ready to do the whole setup to the end not playing Igh adding custom isers directory pointing to some thpudàds which eve. Wi dows would?t index despite uou put thos folder to Win ndexer he will tell you the truth you wanna read : done, no .db file increasing lol

And because my win8 x64 is really faster than an even brand new format/install of 7 with all the stuff J could have ti ise being installed and few free space but seriously I will finish by asking for what you all talk about slow etc...

Sorry man, it's being happy with an unhappy community which begin to maje myself thinking about like "and if I dzcided to feel some pain ´cause while all the mate do cryong party I dance alone :D lol

Seriously. Fucking slow if say windows has booted for just 5sec OK then TRUE but no joke I have to see what you mean by using slow in a sentance - the qualified object aimed by this adjective "slow" ca?t be a well done even huge Suite 9 shit I can have 4 samplers a stepseq apc40 + launchpad running sampledeck x2 + several Nerve LFOTool CtHulhu with the lash doing chords agpegiated from at least one Massive -
---> found stuff quickly. Loaded like always, it´s 'bearable, being concentrate about well every "drag that here then follow a pattern but here it´s some sort of weakness i feel to have being sometimes zombie-like when clicking too much while staring at holy VD bug then little as a fly's big piece of crap ---> K refuse go be a sort of knowibg what he does guy like all those who do ´that (lol)

Shit
Antoine, aka Blendton.

evon

Post by evon » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:47 pm

You know... anybody ever thought that Blendton may be off his rockers?! He seems to have lost a screw somewhere. Otherwise, this person seems to be getting a lot of kicks by pretending to be.
fe real!

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:50 pm

SuburbanThug wrote:I'm going to have to come back and read this later while I'm eating dinner.
exactly.

it's a forum not a bible or a masonic diary from 1785. you shouldn't have to sit down with a plate of food and ponder over it's meaning.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:04 pm

i'm your mother... and it's time to come home. after i get done whipping your back side you need to clean your room and go to bed with no supper.

the next time you post something that makes no fucking sense i'll wash your ass out with a citrus reamer.

agent314

Post by agent314 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:30 pm

Things just took a turn for the sexy

evon

Post by evon » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:04 pm

I am outta here 8O 8O
fe real!

agent314

Post by agent314 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:14 pm

YOU STAY

HE GOES

evon

Post by evon » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:20 pm

I am not certain what goes anymore :?
fe real!

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:22 pm

based on the Ableton forum... the baby always goes out with the bathwater... this much is certain.

Blendton

Post by Blendton » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:10 pm

agent314 wrote:YOU STAY

HE GOES
[Qu...]

As you don't folow or post any linked leading to point a solution for our staff to serve your needs, I don't like it but my duty is :

You're off topic. And despite Bb;endton being off-topic, he manages to pass a moderating sanction by announcing he is about to do, after searching, his first real "off-topic and non-sense" stuff.

And you should reming we are musicians, but human beings too. Blendton from my interpreatation tried to do "painful" post, like if youu were composing a track which rely's on sadness, deception, music is expressing what we like, feel, ir(s about emotion.

For maybe even having respected Blendton for his honesty, warnings about NEVER correcting meaning if not only being cryprical argumentating and his points never explained correctly, I was pleased that at least one member find sterile topics and off-topics a regression.

Secondly, I can't found ANY trace of judging, insulting, or not respect even agressive answers against him.

You <shoudl be suspended for posting as you read this< Our moderating team will contact you friday, monday max to give you news.

We love what we do, he coulod have invented "feeling og pain wriotten such a painful to read manner it could be some artistic stuff, I IMO think he was maybe crying ecause we admit having be at a more higher level of selection and clever , as a community.

Moderating vague should be soon applied anyway to let musicians work, and "babies" plaing in sandbox.

Blendton stays. You go for three days.

Utopic_Moderating_Powered_ Readable and very thinking you all selfish average guys...

Realise you just tried free attemyps for free judging empowering letting you to iunsult a guy whose tears are not about Live 9, but b ecause "HIS COMMUNITY", he maube consider all of you as human as him, abole to falll on knees because you loved this forum, now you work alone, and manage to joke on what Blendton calls "buyers" with elegance, obviously voluntary way to punch instad of rtpen on keys.

--------------------

Do what you have to do guys, we just can't share since you're not insight yaki,ng able therefore you even don't know how insulting someione without being bested even if you are but the manner you do say or let the reader guessing ...

This place needs cleaning. Weshould be opn it.

Antoine beintg about to give you more than an answer, beginning to feel neg... forget that, you make me feelm like I feekl walking near a McDo, "smells french fried, potatoes, let's eat".

Goolong and seeming good live until your bilan if you're here able to respec t a healthcare woprkhaolic spending free time to search someine tio help because he's pretty skilled, that "wanted to act as the cuckoo in a dcicjoo's nest"

Until now I NEVER even had made insinuaztion leading to insulting orb free mad useless only trying to hurt posts.

ou deserve pets to get sick for you.

Enjoy being rude and belive in your.... not sure the good word for what you call your writings are those of good peopple, ...

GORE

Buy no judging you, fears for when you'll that need to weal up for anything not being your mo,rey, your ass or what guy I"'ll headshot todat at Abe's frined sharing places,

please try games you could have hur(t me if I was effectivly as insane as I wanrted and succeed to be looking like.

I stay. You do WTF giving >end usel>

ciao
Antoine, aka Blendton.